Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:17:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: First Day of full release. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Day of full release.  (Read 12190 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #35 on: April 30, 2004, 08:22:06 AM

Quote from: rattran
I still remember standing on that damn hill trying to help form LumCorp

Heh, I had forgotten that one! What a mess that game was on launch, and I tried so hard to like it.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #36 on: April 30, 2004, 11:09:10 AM

And after being told ofor every bug report 'that bug is fixed in the sooper-seekrit Gold Client' I'm still amazed that people stayed around after the free month.

CoH has amused me enough already to justify the $29.99 I paid for it. Any expansions/additional content will just be gravy.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #37 on: April 30, 2004, 11:57:05 AM

Btw, did you use that handle back in the day? I don't seem to recall it, but that's not surprising, given the age and abuse of my poor brain.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #38 on: April 30, 2004, 03:36:45 PM

Yeah, I haven't been around much for the last few years, my job takes me on the road too much, with too little inet access.

I'm back though, I missed the hate.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #39 on: May 03, 2004, 03:52:32 PM

Quote from: kaid
My big concern was how the billing stuff would hold up with both lineage 2 and COH going off at the same time but I have not heard or seen any complaints on that at all. Lag in the head start was fine and I played about 12 hours total and never map discoed once nor had any other issue.

We can officially call this release the BEST RELEASE EVAR!!!1!!@!

I waited a little bit after noon on pre-launch day to login, and never had a problem getting in. Very little lag. I think I've had all of 2 map server disconnects in release. Not one client crash, not even in beta. The only bugs I can find are things like missions reseting after zoning, or chat channels switching windows after zoning. None of them are gamestoppers, or even bothersome.

Billing was a dream. It worked, from the get go, with absolutely no problems. And I did my billing information at about 6:30 CST on Wednesday (the official launch day), prime time.

DAoC had set the bar high before, but its lack of content for all levels and realms put it a good notch below CoH. Sure, they only have 40 levels instead of 50? And? Those levels all have content, working quests, etc. The task force mission bug is the worst thing I've heard.

Yeah, CoH is the standard by which all future MMOG releases should be judged.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: First Day of full release.  
Jump to: