Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 09:43:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: So the Hulk is really fucking strong. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So the Hulk is really fucking strong.  (Read 11063 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

on: July 10, 2005, 09:53:15 PM

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 11:10:23 PM

The Silver Surfer kicked his ass.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 12:51:31 AM

Wow. That dude needs to get out more.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 01:28:44 AM

Wow. That dude needs to get out more.

I was going to say the same thing, but then realized that kind of research goes far beyond geek/loser tendencies. That dude's a freaking scholar!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 11:50:34 AM

I think I just had a massive frontal lobe stroke from all the various animated and anime avatars on that site.

Oh and the man is uber geek.

Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 11:56:37 AM

I hate Tolkien fantasy - it's so contrived... ;)
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 02:02:50 PM

My god.

Okay, do it again but with Vision this time!

Then Nightcrawler!

<claps hands excitedly>

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 03:06:29 PM

The Invisible Woman has beaten the Hulk.  A fact she likes to remind people of.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 06:49:06 AM

I like Hulk's exposition.  It's just funny.  "Hulk strong and talk to self.  Now to find Leader!"

Some good quotes, too, like "That's the way, Hulk -- squeeze!".  Nasty.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 09:54:16 AM

The Invisible Woman has beaten the Hulk.  A fact she likes to remind people of.

Gah!

The Invisible Woman has powers that fall into a nebulous gray area.  I remember her either being completely useless (turns invisible,  or just protects the token civilian with the forcefield) or all of a sudden a writer makes her hugely powerful (I remember her destroying a whole bunch of bad ass robots with expanding forcefields in their innards).

Shadowcat is another.  Most of the time, all she can do is walk through things.  Then the angsty writer decides that she's going to start threatening to phase people into walls or the ground and solidify them again....

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 03:08:03 AM

Basically this means that whenever someone has an argument about who would beat who, you say "The hulk" and link to the thread.

God, it makes metacombat so much easier.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 02:22:12 PM

Pft.

Unless he can regrow his friggin' head, Nightcrawler beats him.  And if Deadpool couldn't regrow his head, the Hulk sure as hell can't.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 08:46:02 AM

Pft.

Unless he can regrow his friggin' head, Nightcrawler beats him.  And if Deadpool couldn't regrow his head, the Hulk sure as hell can't.

I didn't look at all the regeneration pictures, but I think he may well be able to regenerate his head.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 12:29:28 PM

No way.

Deadpool has a proper healing factor, Wolverine style, and he couldn't do it.

Nightcrawler>Hulk>Deadpool

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #14 on: July 28, 2005, 12:32:14 PM

The Surfer is so strong that he took the "Hulk" out of Bruce Banner once.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #15 on: July 29, 2005, 04:44:57 AM

No way.

I believe you, I'm just going off of what I observed poking through those pictures. Metacombat wars continues!
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 05:09:30 AM

No way.

I'm assuming you are talking about Nightcrawler teleporting Hulk and his head into a solid object. I don't know how he's protrayed now but the original Nightcrawler could barely teleport himself with two other normal-sized humans without killing himself. How much does the Hulk weigh? I don't think the "old school" Nightcrawler could do it.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005, 05:39:19 AM

The Hulk weighs an indefinite amount. The angrier he gets, the bigger he grows. At 7 feet, he's a little over 1,000 lbs., and I think the record for the tallest he's grown is 25 feet. So, you do the math  smiley
Llava
Contributor

Reply #18 on: July 29, 2005, 04:44:39 PM

No way.

I'm assuming you are talking about Nightcrawler teleporting Hulk and his head into a solid object. I don't know how he's protrayed now but the original Nightcrawler could barely teleport himself with two other normal-sized humans without killing himself. How much does the Hulk weigh? I don't think the "old school" Nightcrawler could do it.

I feel pathetic when I say that I've had this discussion before.

Or, rather, a metacombat debate about which X-Man could defeat all the others.  And I stood by Nightcrawler.

This is solely because I've seen a comic in the Age of Apocalypse timeline where Nightcrawler was much more cold-hearted.  Note that his powers are exactly the same because it's not an alternate universe, events just happened differently and personalities were changed.

In this world, Deadpool became "Dead Man Wade" and ended up fighting Nightcrawler in an issue.  As Wade was about to execute someone Nightcrawler was guarding, the fuzzy elf teleported onto Wade's shoulders, said "Hello," grabbed his head, and teleported off... bringing the head with him and leaving the body where it was.

Also in this timeline, Nightcrawler rips off a guy's finger using the same trick, because he didn't like the guy pointing it in his chest.

Instant decapitation that doesn't cut through skin but actually disrupts the matter itself.  How do you fight back against that?  You don't, you die.  Even the Hulk.  Cause I say so.

At any time, Nightcrawler COULD do this.  He just doesn't because he's not a total badass in this world, he's a rather nice guy with strong Christian beliefs.  But take that away and he becomes the ultimate assassin.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 04:46:59 PM by Llava »

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: July 29, 2005, 07:56:16 PM

Please don't start these debates. The first rule of comic battles is anyone can win depending on who's writing.

Here's an alternate scenario: Hulk claps his hands together, Nightcrawler's head explodes. The end.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #20 on: July 29, 2005, 08:26:14 PM

We'll have these debates if we goddamn feel like it.

Plus I just remembered that Nightcrawler's head removing ability was confirmed (though not demonstrated) in a current timeline book.

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 03, 2005, 05:05:12 AM

Galactus Pwnzors.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #22 on: August 03, 2005, 09:07:55 AM

Ultimate Nullifier, bitch!

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 08, 2005, 09:10:59 PM

On a similar note: Want to know the power outputs of everything in Star Wars?

http://www.stardestroyer.net

The forums are especially hilarious.  The owner/operator is the Asian offspring of Seanbaby and SirBruce.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #24 on: September 12, 2005, 06:09:17 PM

So, turbolasers are really fucking strong.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #25 on: January 12, 2006, 01:53:35 PM

I know it's an old thread, but that star wars link just melted what's left of my brain.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #26 on: January 12, 2006, 04:13:11 PM

I know it's an old thread, but that star wars link just melted what's left of my brain.

I think that's Xpl0r0r0r0r0r0r0r0r0r0r0r0r0r0r0r0r0r0r0r0r's home page.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: So the Hulk is really fucking strong.  
Jump to: