Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:34:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: F13 Bat Country EA Fantasy Football League 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: F13 Bat Country EA Fantasy Football League  (Read 20543 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: June 23, 2005, 06:42:40 PM

So we were able to get a free Commissioner's account on EASports.com's new Fantasy Football service. This allows us to setup a league on EA's new pay fantasy football service, so schild and I decided I should run the league so that we can review the service for the front page. Yes, that means we review something of EA, with all the possibilities that entails. I've set the league up, there's only one catch.

You have to pay $9.99 to EA in order to make a team. I'm inviting anyone here with an interest in Fantasy Football who wants to try out EA's pay service to join us. Unfortunately, that means you have to give EA money. Who is interested?

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 06:50:02 PM

I'll take one for the team.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 01:36:55 AM

$10/person or $10/team?

$10/team I'm in.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 10:35:27 AM

There is a chance of winning something of value besides bragging rights, isn't there?

I am always down for fantasy football. $10 is 1/20 of what it costs me in my other league, so it is a bargain =)

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 10:50:43 AM

If there's money/prizes involved I'll do it. If it's just going into EA's coffers, fuck them.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 10:58:27 AM

According to EA's website:

Each league winner gets a EA game of their choice.

http://www.easports.com/fantasy/home.jsp
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 11:03:25 AM

I'll play, if you'll have me.  Then, when I'm watching games this fall, I can tell Voodoolily that I'm "playing a game with the guys from F13!"
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 11:03:30 AM

It seems I will NOT be playing. It is void in Arizona.

Quote from: EA Legal Douchery
EA SPORTS Fantasy Football Team Owner Contest

2005 Official Rules

VOID IN ARIZONA, COLORADO, MARYLAND, NEW JERSEY, TENNESSEE, VERMONT AND WHERE PROHIBITED.

1. Entry. You will need a paid subscription to EA SPORTS Fantasy Football Team Owner (the "Game") to participate in the EA SPORTS Fantasy Football Team Owner Contest ("Contest"). Beginning 12:00:01 a.m. PST on September 8th, 2005 through 11:59:59 p.m. PST on January 2nd 2006 (the "Contest Period"), log on to www.easports.com/fantasy (the "Site") and follow the instructions to (a) create an EA account, if you do not already have one, by submitting your user or screen name and email address; and (b) subscribe to the Game (collectively, the "entry" or "entries") to enter the Contest.

No other methods of entry will be accepted. Limit: one entry per person and/or email address.

Completed entries must be sent during the Contest Period and received by 11:59 p.m. PST on January 2nd 2006. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Use of a false email account will disqualify an entry. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, misdirected entries, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or delayed entries or other communications or other technical problems related to website entries. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Sponsor, in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the web site, or who otherwise violates these rules. By entering, contestants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules.

2. Eligibility. This Contest is only open to residents of the 50 United States (except the states provided below) and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. This Contest is void in Arizona, Colorado, Maryland, New Jersey, Tennessee, and Vermont. Employees of Electronic Arts Inc. ("Sponsor"), Stats Inc. or their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies ("Sponsor and its agents") and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible. Contest is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 11:04:23 AM

I guess I can pay my $10 to play, but I cannot win any prizes. So you can take that $10 and shove it up your ass, EA.
WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 11:45:37 AM

Just use Schild's address. Or is he in Maryland? I can never remember if it is VA or MD.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 11:47:41 AM

Just use Schild's address. Or is he in Maryland? I can never remember if it is VA or MD.

<shudder>When the league starts, his address will be AZ as well.</shudder>
WayAbvPar

Reply #11 on: June 24, 2005, 11:48:54 AM

Ahh- I was thinking it would be longer than that.

Wow- 3 of the Admins/mods in AZ.  Is Haemish gonna be the only one in EST?

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 11:49:58 AM

Ahh- I was thinking it would be longer than that.

Wow- 3 of the Admins/mods in AZ.  Is Haemish gonna be the only one in EST?

He's in central time.
WayAbvPar

Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 12:30:59 PM

Then why is he always bitching???  :-D

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #14 on: June 24, 2005, 12:53:25 PM

If I lived in Mississippi I'd be bitching all the time as well.
WayAbvPar

Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 01:56:42 PM

Strong point.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 02:19:10 PM

So wtf.

Colorado void.

And I'm moving to Baltimore, MD in July.

Void.

Fuck you EA.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 05:00:26 PM

Because I never get enough sleep, no matter what time zone we're playing in.  evil

And it's $10 per team, and there is the option to be co-owners of a team. Winner gets some kind of free EA game (FWTW), which still means EA is going to be making PHAT CASH off of this service.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 05:05:53 PM

Because I never get enough sleep, no matter what time zone we're playing in.  evil

And it's $10 per team, and there is the option to be co-owners of a team. Winner gets some kind of free EA game (FWTW), which still means EA is going to be making PHAT CASH off of this service.

Winner does not get a free EA game if they live in a state that this is voided in. Read the legal mumbo-jumbo. Bad juju.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 05:19:01 PM

Rght, meant to say that and forgot. Apparently those states are part of the 3rd world. Or EA hates you all.

Of course, they hate us too, but they apparently have no legal standing to dick us around because of it.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #20 on: June 24, 2005, 05:37:47 PM

Right because Colorado, there's never been any pro sports there, not to mention that 5/6 of those banned states have pro teams in them...WAY TO DICK OVER THE FANS YOU ASSGOBBLINGCOCKBURRITOS!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #21 on: June 26, 2005, 01:11:04 AM

So anyone who is interested enough to pay the $9.99, register on EAsports.com and PM me your EASPorts user name and email address. I think that's what I'll need to add you to the Bat Country league.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #22 on: June 26, 2005, 05:26:34 PM

How long do we have to do this? I'm very lazy when it's still baseball season.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #23 on: June 27, 2005, 08:01:46 AM

No hurry, since training camp hasn't even started.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 30, 2005, 10:23:16 AM

We going to set up a couple yahoo free ones too?
WayAbvPar

Reply #25 on: June 30, 2005, 11:02:54 AM

We going to set up a couple yahoo free ones too?

Yeah, I will get one going toward the end of July probably.

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: July 01, 2005, 07:44:45 AM

Count me in again, for both the pay and the free one. I'll PM you my info soon, Haemish.

[edit]Done and PM sent. Why do I get the feeling that I'm the only one who signed up for the pay football league? ;) [/edit]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 07:53:19 AM by Soukyan »

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
schild
Administrator

Reply #27 on: July 01, 2005, 07:56:33 AM

I'm pretty sure most everyone who's doing one league is doing the other. Haem can confirm that later, of course. :) But it's all for a good cause. If the service isn't as good as the free ones, Haem gets to rip into EA.  Rock Out
WayAbvPar

Reply #28 on: July 01, 2005, 08:36:12 AM

Count me in again, for both the pay and the free one. I'll PM you my info soon, Haemish.

[edit]Done and PM sent. Why do I get the feeling that I'm the only one who signed up for the pay football league? ;) [/edit]

I signed up about 10 minutes after he posted, so at least you aren't alone! I figure the fishies at Pokerstars could afford to lose an extra $10 to me to cover the cost  evil

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #29 on: July 01, 2005, 09:15:49 AM

So far I have Way and Soukyan, I just have to add them when I get home. Anyone else?

And yes, if the service is not ORGASM-INDUCINGLY better than Yahoo's free league, I will rip EA a new one.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #30 on: July 01, 2005, 03:58:21 PM

So far I have Way and Soukyan, I just have to add them when I get home. Anyone else?

And yes, if the service is not ORGASM-INDUCINGLY better than Yahoo's free league, I will rip EA a new one.

I'll prepare the rage room now then.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 04, 2005, 03:52:12 PM

I'd love to Haem, but EA hates Colorado and Maryland for inexplicable reasons.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #32 on: July 05, 2005, 10:16:38 AM

Since EA hates AZ I will not be giving them any money. Sorry.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #33 on: July 14, 2005, 07:51:10 AM

They hate NJ too, fuck EA, once again.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #34 on: August 08, 2005, 12:12:12 PM

So I will have to play 2 teams in this one in order to make it up to 4 players, unless someone else wants to take the plunge. I'll make it a points-based league, instead of H2H just to make it fair. I also will not trade with myself. I've gone ahead and set it up, I just need to see what else needs to be done.

Oh, and Fuck EA.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: F13 Bat Country EA Fantasy Football League  
Jump to: