Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:29:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: MMOG News 4/24/04: Super-Villains, Vehicular Homicide... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MMOG News 4/24/04: Super-Villains, Vehicular Homicide...  (Read 6567 times)
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

on: April 24, 2004, 12:46:49 AM

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 01:18:56 AM

Bah... all this MMORPG talk, and no mention of the recently announced Wild West Sim:  http://www.warcry.com/scripts/columns/view_sectionalt.phtml?site=15&id=102&colid=2588

Soon we'll all have a chance to wipe out those evil hachet-wielding Native Americans, play poker, shoot at each other, and try to win prizes like a hat autographed by John Wayne.  I can almost see this game being so painfully bad  that it would be worth playing.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 03:24:47 AM

It seems to me that combining City of Heroes' unique quest system with PvP could lead to excellent results.

As far as I'm concerned, something like this would make even Unreal or Battlefield look like shit.

Bah... all this MMORPG talk, and no mention of the recently announced Wild West Sim:

Hmm..I've had my own ideas about something like this for quite a while now (Funny, every industry person I've discussed a Wild West MMO with has shot the idea down -- "No one gives a shit about the Wild West.").

Man, I really wish them luck. A couple of the the ideas are similar to mine, but when she starts mentioning game mechanics, it seems more like vaporware to me (like the latency workaround, for instance). And if that image is really a screenshot, then it's doomed for sure.

Soon we'll all have a chance to wipe out those evil hachet-wielding Native Americans

Fuck that, I'll be scalping heads.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 09:39:36 AM

Quote from: Velorath
Bah... all this MMORPG talk, and no mention of the recently announced Wild West Sim:  http://www.warcry.com/scripts/columns/view_sectionalt.phtml?site=15&id=102&colid=2588

You'll have to forgive me, I'm still new to this finding news stuff.. ;)

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 10:58:33 AM

Quote from: Velorath

Soon we'll all have a chance to wipe out those evil hachet-wielding Native Americans, play poker, shoot at each other, and try to win prizes like a hat autographed by John Wayne.  I can almost see this game being so painfully bad  that it would be worth playing.

Deadwood Online, by new game developer HBO?
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #5 on: April 24, 2004, 11:33:04 AM

Of course, prostitution was a very integral and accepted part of society in those days, so it will be included in WWS,” commented Anastasia.

My kind of MMOG! Whores AND guns? HOT DAMN!

Nice update too... you need to make another about whores and MMOGs. Neocron set the bar, this western may raise it.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #6 on: April 24, 2004, 11:50:29 AM

Also noteworthy:

The current plan is to limit the game to players 17 years of age and older

If this game ever ends up being more than vaporware I'm kind of curious to see how this turns out.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 25, 2004, 01:25:05 AM

Any news about that car wars sounding game?

NCsoft? Ok, that kills that dosn't it.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #8 on: April 25, 2004, 08:27:29 AM

Quote from: Comstar
NCsoft? Ok, that kills that dosn't it.

Arfle Barfle Gloop?

Frankly, as a publisher, they're some way up on EA, Vivendi or Microsoft when it comes to MMOGs.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
TheTick
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 25, 2004, 11:54:13 AM

“Female characters will have more of an impact in WWS than in any other RPG. Since new players are introduced into the game as offspring of existing players, women are an absolute requirement for the game world.”

One wonders if fetuspults will be included as well.

B.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #10 on: April 25, 2004, 12:17:23 PM

d00d you PKed my fetus.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: MMOG News 4/24/04: Super-Villains, Vehicular Homicide...  
Jump to: