Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:10:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: THE REAL official Roster 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE REAL official Roster  (Read 14025 times)
schild
Administrator

on: April 24, 2004, 12:44:42 AM

A week after launch, I'd like everyone to post their official chosen names and origin/archetype/powersets for their main and alt (if applicable) here. That way spreadsheet boy (Darniaq) can add that information to the spreadsheet, making it easier to form useful groups and whatnot, and to help people choose what they want to be so we don't necessarily end up with 30 scrappers, 20 blasters, 10 controllers, 15 defenders, and zero tanks.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 01:20:23 AM

Sounds good to me.  It will be insturmental in helping me pick a character to stick with.

Spreadsheet Boy.  That's from a power pool right?
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 08:14:19 AM

Spreadsheet Boy is short enough to fit within the 15 character name limit.  And Darniaq doesn't seem to have a name for an alt listed yet....

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 09:49:11 AM

Feel free to post your latest info. Or you can just refer to the current chart and note any changes:

Bat Country Roster

Quote from: Alkiera
Spreadsheet Boy is short enough to fit within the 15 character name limit.  And Darniaq doesn't seem to have a name for an alt listed yet....

That could work actually. Lacking incognito in this game, I've been thinking of rolling a nerdy looking guy. A tempting target for villains, until they see that big freakin' gun come out :)
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 11:27:43 AM

So long as changing my mind doesn't cause *THE GODS THEMSELVES TO SMITE ME*, I'd like to add a second character on the roster:

Conjecture (Controller)

Have we decided on a server yet?

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #5 on: April 24, 2004, 11:35:37 AM

I'm going to be playing an Energy/Energy blaster for my main. Scratch the alt for now. My mains name isn't known.. to me. Sad. I forgot what name I put up for reservation.

Forgiveness.. pwease.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #6 on: April 24, 2004, 11:40:07 AM

Quote from: geldonyetich
Have we decided on a server yet?

Take a look at the very first topic on the CoH board.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #7 on: April 24, 2004, 12:06:15 PM

Ok, I have finalized my character choice and am ready for Spreadsheet Boy to update the roster accordingly.

Fist of Thoth - Magic Dark/Regeneration Scrapper
Hand of Thoth - Magic Energy/Ice Blaster
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #8 on: April 24, 2004, 01:24:04 PM

Quote from: SonicPurge
Fist of Thoth, Hand of Thoth

I think my friend that runs a sex toy website has those in stock.

Not work safe.
http://www.silkempire.com/catalog/2/6/product/954.html [/b]
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: April 24, 2004, 01:32:57 PM

Now I can't say Thoth withoug giggling.  Your character has lost all credibility.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 24, 2004, 01:39:44 PM

Take a look at the very first topic on the CoH board.

Jebus, I must be friggin tweaking to have missed that.

Alrighty, V is for Victory.   Course', I'm on the west coast.. not that it matters much so far as CoH's 56k friendly bandwidth use vrs my cable broadband is concerned.

I'll have a brief interruption on Sunday as I attend a company event, but come Monday and Tuesday my catassery is in full swing, along with all the vivid imagery that conjures.

cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #11 on: April 24, 2004, 04:15:00 PM

I'm going to make:

The Red Scare
Blaster
Fire/Fire
(not sure yet on the power pools but probably leaping and uhh the speed one)

Also I'm planing
Cevik
Controller
???/???

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 24, 2004, 05:00:25 PM

Quote from: Signe
Now I can't say Thoth withoug giggling.  Your character has lost all credibility.

For all we know, your hero's name is SoS and you just have a lisp...
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #13 on: April 24, 2004, 05:20:43 PM

Assuming all goes well..

Any one of three names: The Executive, Mr. Corporate (schild hates this one), or The CEO

Now this is straight out of COH character creator:

Archetype: Blaster
Primary Powers - Ranged : Energy Blast
Secondary Powers - Support : Gadgets
Level 1 (Starting Primary) : Power Blast
Level 1 (Starting Secondary) : Web Grenade
Level 2 : Power Bolt
Level 4 : Energy Torrent
Level 6 : Hover
Level 8 : Sniper Blast
Level 10 : Combat Jumping
Level 12 : Hasten
Level 14 : Super Jump
Level 16 : Fly
Level 18 : Super Speed
Level 20 : Cloaking Device
Level 22 : Smoke Grenade
Level 24 : Power Push
Level 26 : Explosive Blast
Level 28 : Trip Mine
Level 30 : Power Burst
Level 32 : Nova
Level 35 : Time Bomb
Level 38 : Auto Turret

If you really want to do the whole "make it so everyone doesn't have the same stuff" thing, you also might want to coordinate some beginning powers so someone has teleport friend, and another a heal of some sort (and also rez).

Spreadsheet that!

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 24, 2004, 07:58:10 PM

Quote from: Ookii
Snipped stuff

No targeting drone?  Hmm...

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 24, 2004, 08:40:42 PM

Updated

Hit Refresh.

I'm going to try a few names, but for my Alt, I may go with something less descriptive, like 'Nerd' or 'Geek' or some shit. Want a totally innocuous looking nothing character. Good rp opportunities maybe.

He'll be:

Scrapper - Martial Arts - Super Reflexes with Medicine and Super Speed. With enough room I may take Teleportation down the road too.
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: April 24, 2004, 09:00:53 PM

Quote from: Darniaq

Hit Refresh.

I'm going to try a few names, but for my Alt, I may go with something less descriptive, like 'Nerd' or 'Geek' or some shit. Want a totally innocuous looking nothing character. Good rp opportunities maybe.

He'll be:

Scrapper - Martial Arts - Super Reflexes with Medicine and Super Speed. With enough room I may take Teleportation down the road too.

I was thinking of making my Matt Damon looking guy "Mr. Ripley" be Martial Arts with Reflexes and Super Speed. In fact there's a chance I'll play him before the stygian cuz scrappers level a bit faster than defenders when soloing is concerned.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 24, 2004, 09:12:16 PM

Copycat.

j/k

I was gonna go Martial Arts / Dark Armor, but the Super Reflexes works better from an RP standpoint. Have you, or anyone, had any experience the the Medicine Power Pool though? Is it a good replacement for the Regeneration secondary that everyone and their cat will take?
schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: April 24, 2004, 09:13:19 PM

I've grouped with high level Medicine peoples. Particularly on the last day of beta. It seems as though it is a good power pool. Healing is nothing to laugh at, especially when a scrapper does it.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 24, 2004, 09:47:37 PM

Sweet.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: April 25, 2004, 07:28:29 AM

I suppose I'll be Gravity Cont/Empath as I liked it best in beta.  I don't have a template.  I just pick stuff when it happens.  I suppose by level 40 or something, I'll have a template... but you'll have to play my character to see what it is.  I can't be arsed to write things down.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #21 on: April 25, 2004, 07:49:20 AM

Quote from: Ookii
Assuming all goes well..

Any one of three names: The Executive, Mr. Corporate (schild hates this one), or The CEO

How about "You're Fired!"?

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #22 on: April 25, 2004, 09:44:49 AM

Quote from: Signe

You make it sound like someone in tights in a superhero game would have any credibility to begin with.
WayAbvPar

Reply #23 on: April 25, 2004, 11:57:32 AM

Ok- I have two characters through the tutorial thus far.

Beguiler- Magic Mind/Storm
The Rascal King- Mutation Energy/Energy

Probably be playing TRK for the first bit. Playing with Rose Arcadia (my buddy), so send either of us a tell in game.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: April 26, 2004, 12:32:50 AM

Day 1 of pre-order headstartage concluded for me:

Conjecture - Lvl 6 Mind/Weather Controller
Nanite - Lvl 4 Claws/Regeneration Scrapper

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #25 on: April 26, 2004, 02:13:10 AM

Just one character for me so far.

Hysterical - Illusion/Empathy Controller
Currently at lv.7 and I have the next two days off.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #26 on: April 26, 2004, 03:01:21 AM

Ion Thrust
Energy/Energy Blaster
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #27 on: April 26, 2004, 05:42:21 AM

Graybeard
Dark/Regen Scrapper L9

Pyrocide
Fire/Devices Blaster L3
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 26, 2004, 05:55:37 AM

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 26, 2004, 06:53:12 AM

Blue Bomb

Ice/Ice Blaster currently at level 12

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #30 on: April 26, 2004, 09:44:24 AM

So far, I've gotten one character to level 6 solo.

Whipcrack
Natural Scrapper
Martial Arts/Reflexes/Leaping

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #31 on: April 26, 2004, 09:48:14 AM

Seismic Shift lv 9 earth/storm controller

will be working on a scrapper next, maybe a tanker

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
WayAbvPar

Reply #32 on: April 26, 2004, 10:22:13 AM

Posted this in the other thread, but what the hell-

The Rascal King- 6th level mutation Energy/Energy/Flying blaster
Ingwe- 5th level mutation Claws/Invulnerability scrapper
Beguiler- 2nd level magic Mind/Storm controller

Been playing the blaster with my old roomie (he was in HD with us)- his char is Rose Arcardia. Solo'ed the scrapper while I was waiting for him to get home. All in all, I am reasonably satisfied with my progress for the day.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 26, 2004, 10:47:35 AM

So far only really played my fire controller fyre storm got to almost level 7 before bogging down in evil KR circle of thorns hunting. Man I forgot how much that sucks without hover or combat jump.

I played a good bit with electron last night but he was having some SERIOUS crashing to desktop issues not sure what would cause that it was working like a champ for me no map disco at all just a couple lag spikes.

Kaid
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 26, 2004, 11:47:23 AM

Yea, its strange I had NO issues during the beta, they go live and bam I start crashing like once an hour.  Not doing anything special either, just running along and BAM, gone.

<shrug>

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: THE REAL official Roster  
Jump to: