Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:39:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  E3 '05  |  Topic: Samwise's E3 Adventures 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Samwise's E3 Adventures  (Read 53681 times)
Calandryll
Developers

Would you kindly produce a web game.

Reply #70 on: May 23, 2005, 11:10:14 AM

If you click the left mouse button, you swing your weapon. If that weapon connects with a monster then the system rolls a D20 to determine hit or miss. You CAN target a creature, but you don't have to. In fact, I generally play the game in mouse look mode as I don't need the cursor during combat.

The puzzle I was referring to was a floor puzzle where you rotated tiles on the ground to complete an energy flow from one side of the room to another. I took a "shaky-cam' video of it during the show. http://www.ddo.com/files/52/30/56/13/204.mpg

Completing this puzzle spawns blade spirits that kill all of the monsters in the room below you. So smaller groups of people could use the puzzle to help them through the dungeon while larger groups could skip the puzzle and just kill the monsters themselves.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #71 on: May 23, 2005, 11:16:12 AM

Was there more than one dungeon being demoed at the show?  I played through the entire "kill the bad guy before he summons the bad thing" mission (except that I couldn't kill the bad guy because nothing I had left by the end would damage him, so my elemental just held him off me until the timer ran out and the mission failed) and don't remember anything like that, and I didn't see any hooks into any other missions.  Or did I just somehow skip some section of it?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Calandryll
Developers

Would you kindly produce a web game.

Reply #72 on: May 23, 2005, 11:37:10 AM

Was there more than one dungeon being demoed at the show?  I played through the entire "kill the bad guy before he summons the bad thing" mission (except that I couldn't kill the bad guy because nothing I had left by the end would damage him, so my elemental just held him off me until the timer ran out and the mission failed) and don't remember anything like that, and I didn't see any hooks into any other missions.  Or did I just somehow skip some section of it?
There were two quests demoed at the show, but it looks like you played the one in the dungeon with the puzzle. My guess is after fighting the undead, you went into the door on the right - directly into the room with the hellhounds. The door to the left led to a drow scorpion (similar to a Drider, except it's half scorpion - in Eberron the Drow worshop scorpions) and then to the puzzle room. You can actually look down through a window from the puzzle room and into the Hellhound room and watch as the bladespirits chew up the hellhounds.

Note that you can complete the quest going in either direction. Which is one of the cool things about DDO quests. There are often more than one way to solve them.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #73 on: May 23, 2005, 11:45:51 AM

Ah, there was an alternative to getting chewed up by the doggies?  That would have been nice.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Raph
Developers

Title delayed while we "find the fun."

Reply #74 on: May 23, 2005, 03:31:43 PM

Spore was up the stairs on the right hand side of the EA booth. Will was booked solid showing it, but I snuck in anyway. I think it was the same as the demo from GDC (which I didn't see).
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #75 on: May 24, 2005, 08:16:37 AM

The DDO stuff sounds interesting. Multiple solutions, some of which don't involve combat... much gud. Letting fighters bash down doors. SUPER GUD. I always hated that door bashing was never included in MMOG's as options for locked doors. It was either have a thief, have the key or you are SOL.

The CoV stuff sounds fantastic, except that my enthusiasm is tempered by the possibility of having to pay for a second goddamn subscription to play it. I say thee NAY to that.

Also, that asses pic... just wrong. The one wearing the white panties has an ass so flat, it looks as if an inverse thongage is happening. I would not be surprised to note that you had to brace yourself when taking the shot to avoid being pulled towards it.

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #76 on: May 24, 2005, 09:24:24 AM

The DDO stuff sounds interesting. Multiple solutions, some of which don't involve combat... much gud. Letting fighters bash down doors. SUPER GUD. I always hated that door bashing was never included in MMOG's as options for locked doors. It was either have a thief, have the key or you are SOL.

I hate it when you can't do shit that humans could actually do. Especially stupid shit like jumping on a rock that's a foot away

Also, that asses pic... just wrong. The one wearing the white panties has an ass so flat, it looks as if an inverse thongage is happening. I would not be surprised to note that you had to brace yourself when taking the shot to avoid being pulled towards it.

Ah, the much-maligned 'pancake ass'. IMO, much worse than having junk in one's trunk.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #77 on: May 24, 2005, 12:45:32 PM

Ah, the much-maligned 'pancake ass'. IMO, much worse than having junk in one's trunk.

I will second that.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  E3 '05  |  Topic: Samwise's E3 Adventures  
Jump to: