Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:36:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  E3 '05  |  Topic: Samwise's E3 Adventures 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Samwise's E3 Adventures  (Read 53684 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

on: May 18, 2005, 10:33:54 PM

« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 10:18:11 PM by Samwise »

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 10:39:43 PM

^_^
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 10:44:32 PM

Lum, we'd give you a week of wages if you dressed up as one of these sluts.

We're not kidding, cold hard cash.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 10:45:26 PM

Lum, we'd give you a week of wages if you dressed up as one of these sluts.

We're not kidding, cold hard cash.

Seriously. Real money. Lots of it.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 11:02:49 PM

And thus a powerful lesson was learned: test your product with someone who doesn't have girl arms before you make it available to the general public.
LOL
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 11:52:34 PM

That image directory is chock-full of cheesecake.  Look at the games, goddamn you!   Not the tits, the fucking games!

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 12:46:27 AM

Mmm, thanks for the Movies shots. I think. I'm trying hard not to get into fanboi mode on another Lionhead title - I've still got scars from Black & White - but the press lately has been casting it in a very kind light. Perhaps that's to be expected about a movie centered around Hollywood.

Now dig up something on Spore. :-D
HRose
I'm Special

VIKLAS!

Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 01:52:54 AM

Now dig up something on Spore. :-D
Spore isn't being shown publicly.

Anyway, what about some mmorpg stuff? :)

-HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 07:36:31 AM

There were a lot of MMORPGS in Kentia, but they all looked more or less the same, which is to say asstastic.

I did get a chance to play DDO briefly and thought it showed some promise.  More on that tonight, hopefully.

Still haven't seen Spore anywhere.  Planning to go harass some EA guys.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 07:42:26 AM

Can you check on how the fucking combat works in Hellgate:London?  Like how it really works not that bullets are like spells but not and "Look over there shiney!"...

blah nice work though Samwise.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 08:42:57 AM

Anyway, what about some mmorpg stuff? :)

Not getting enough Imperator news, knobtard?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 08:55:15 AM

I'd like to hear some Vanguard stuff, if any. The whole game, concept and fanbase fascinates me in that same way watching a 450# person devour a chicken can. You're repulsed, but you just  can't look away.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 09:14:05 AM

I was far more excited about the demos they had going of The Movies. (image and image). This was the first really good look I'd gotten at the game itself, and I was pleased with the level of control it allowed in the filmmaking process. The dozens of actors you control can be customized more than the central characters in most RPGs, and it looked like you could edit together your movie scene by scene, with each scene having different tunables (such as the Violence Level in a fight scene). At the end, presumably, you have a unique creation. I'm looking forward to this one.

I can't believe this is the first I am hearing of this (or I promptly forgot about it)! I swear to God I discussed something very similar with my buddy like 5 years ago. I feel like Kramer with his 'Beach' cologne! If they do it right, it should be a shitload of fun.

The wayward bat half DESTROYED the screen, and the demo was brought to a hasty conclusion.

I wonder how many dumbasses got fired for that one! God I wish you had video on it.

Last but not least- hot chicks and all, but WTF is up with the footwear? Can they even walk in that silly shit?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 09:15:55 AM

Blame Japan for that footware. I'm not joking.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 09:17:51 AM

Is that where that silly ass trend started?  I've noticed the "chunky" shoe thing going on for a few years now when I hit the mall, but couldn't fathom it.  Now it's all starting to make a bit more sense.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #15 on: May 19, 2005, 09:21:15 AM

Hey, thanks Blizzard, way to piss money away, putting a Real Doll (TM) in a Starcraft Ghost uniform (or is that a booth babe?) Either way, it's still a fucking waste. Douchebags. Didn't you see that C&C:the FPS didn't do all that well (mainly because it sucked copious amounts of ass)?

I am SO fucking jonesing for the Movies. Same goes for Call of Cthulu.

Quake can lick my knob. Rifts on the N-Gage is a game worth looking forward to, I think. Wow, that dance pad chick had some seriously thick thighs. That laying down in front of the TV thing? How much was that? Because that looks like exactly the kind of setup I need, since I'm so goddamn blind, I can't see the TV well from the couch.

There was an awful lot of ugly booth babes, with lots of cottage cheese. Were the strip clubs all raided out when the devs got there, so they had to go to the local pimps?

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #16 on: May 19, 2005, 10:18:04 AM

Is that where that silly ass trend started?  I've noticed the "chunky" shoe thing going on for a few years now when I hit the mall, but couldn't fathom it.  Now it's all starting to make a bit more sense.

No, it is not.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #17 on: May 19, 2005, 10:21:30 AM

I am SO fucking jonesing for the Movies. Same goes for Call of Cthulu.

Fuck yes. Do not fuck with Cthulu.

Rifts on the N-Gage is a game worth looking forward to, I think.

I haven't played Rifts since hi-skoo, and don't even really remember the gist. But it would be nice to revisit.

There was an awful lot of ugly booth babes, with lots of cottage cheese. Were the strip clubs all raided out when the devs got there, so they had to go to the local pimps?

God, thank you Hammy. I didn't wanna be the bitter bitch who always complains about the hoochies.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Yoru

Reply #18 on: May 19, 2005, 10:28:00 AM

That's no impediment to a reporter worth his salt. It just means you need to get the appropriate staff drunk[er] first. Or jump some sucker from Gamespy in the vast, cavernous parking structure of the LA Convention Center for his badge. ;)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #19 on: May 19, 2005, 11:35:20 AM

That's no impediment to a reporter worth his salt. It just means you need to get the appropriate staff drunk[er] first. Or jump some sucker from Gamespy in the vast, cavernous parking structure of the LA Convention Center for his badge. ;)

Sam should do that on GENERAL FUCKING PRINCIPLE.

Then go after IGN next.

Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #20 on: May 19, 2005, 01:25:18 PM

Thanks for saving me airfare and time.  I got a bit lost in the pictures, but they did give me all the flavor I needed.

St Gabe's review mentions that the Jedi chick at Lucasarts as having best in show for cleavage.  Not that I would want to see a picture of a woman with really nice cleavage, or anything.

Looking at the picture of the Starcraft Ghost doll I noticed the sign between her legs that reads 'Please Do Not Touch'.  I wonder how many of the booth babes wish they had one of those signs?

Anyhow, thanks for the effort and the update.

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #21 on: May 19, 2005, 02:26:51 PM

Actually, Samwise has a better angle of those platform show-wearing girls in his rundown.

The Movies sounds and looks interesting, but for some reason reminds me of what I was thinking when I bought NWN...

And the booth babes, generally, have been of poor quality; a chubbed chick wearing CD's, ThunderThighs demo'ing an Eyetoy thing, and the chick from Starcraft Ghost has camel toe? WTF?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 19, 2005, 02:40:05 PM

The Hulk girls were hot. That is all.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Yoru

Reply #23 on: May 19, 2005, 05:07:13 PM

Stolen shamelessly from Slashdot: there's now a Spore website and certain lucky whores got a backroom demo from Wright.

Told you you should've stolen a Gamespy badge.
schild
Administrator

Reply #24 on: May 19, 2005, 05:13:28 PM

EA doesn't deserve that much fun and innovation. And btw, Gamespot and Gamespy? That's not being a lucky whore. That's just plain being a whore.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #25 on: May 19, 2005, 06:04:14 PM

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #26 on: May 19, 2005, 10:00:35 PM

Bastards!  I even interrogated an EA guy and he swore that there wasn't a copy of Spore at the show anywhere.  Maybe it's just so top secret that not even the EA guys know about it.

I just must not be sucking enough cock or something.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #27 on: May 19, 2005, 10:23:18 PM

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #28 on: May 19, 2005, 10:30:09 PM

I somehow missed this yesterday: Mice shaped like guns are stupid. STUPID. (image) I can't believe these guys are still in business.
While I agree carrying around with a mouse shaped like a gun in this day and age is good way to get yourself a nice full cavity body search I do like the ergonomics on that thing where it has your wrist in a more neutral position.
schild
Administrator

Reply #29 on: May 19, 2005, 10:31:37 PM

EBGames already has the mice shaped like guns. Hell, they've had them for 2 years. And they're still stupid.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #30 on: May 19, 2005, 10:35:09 PM

Again, nice job giving us some nice highlights Samwise.

I know how much heat I'm going to take for saying this, but....

Since I'm not there, can you PLEASE try and get some hands-on with Imperator. I really digged the concept when I first read about it, and would like to kill my fanboi-ism sooner rather than later.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #31 on: May 19, 2005, 10:35:29 PM

EBGames already has the mice shaped like guns. Hell, they've had them for 2 years. And they're still stupid.
Really? I don't see one on their Website.
schild
Administrator

Reply #32 on: May 19, 2005, 10:37:05 PM

Since I'm not there, can you PLEASE try and get some hands-on with Imperator. I really digged the concept when I first read about it, and would like to kill my fanboi-ism sooner rather than later.

Are you fucking kidding me? Seriously. Are you just trying to be nice? I don't understand. The game and concept look like *shit.* DAOC has some of the worst PVE in the genre and Imperator is nothing but that.

Jesus.
schild
Administrator

Reply #33 on: May 19, 2005, 10:37:18 PM

It's a defunct sku.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #34 on: May 19, 2005, 10:44:05 PM

It's a defunct sku.
Ah okay. I'll probably give something like this a try then (my elbow's been bothering me lately and using a regular mouse is not helping).
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  E3 '05  |  Topic: Samwise's E3 Adventures  
Jump to: