Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:58:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Name Reservation 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Name Reservation  (Read 13996 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: April 20, 2004, 05:33:56 PM

Just posted today:

http://www.cityofheroes.com/news/item218.html

Critical part (everything's worth reading though):

1. At an undisclosed time on Tuesday, April 20th, a game server named "Name Reservation" will be put up and will remain up until 11:59pm CDT on Thursday, April 22nd. At your earliest availability, log into the game with your pre-order or beta account. (Remember if you have one of each; always go with the pre-order account!)

2. Don’t waste time – click through the process as quickly as possible to make sure that you get the name you want before anyone else does. The origin, archetype, power sets, individual powers, and costume options you choose don’t matter – just choose anything and whip right through them. Remember – this character is going to get wiped come the 22nd – it’s the name you want to concentrate on.

3. When you arrive at Hero Registration, type in your desired name and click on "Enter Paragon City." (Don’t worry about Character Description or Battle Cry – these will not be saved).

4. Wait until the tutorial loads, and you see your character standing inside the game. Then quit out of the game right away. Congratulations! You will have reserved your desired name in the number one character slot.

5. Your character name will be reserved until 11:59pm (CDT) on Saturday, May 15th at which time all unclaimed reserved names will be released for use by anyone who has purchased a retail box. Once you’ve applied your retail code to your pre-order or beta account , you will need to claim your name by logging into each server you wish to play on, creating a character (exactly how you want it this time), and then naming him/her your reserved name (which should be available to your account only). Again, your character names must be claimed by end of day May 15th. All character names not claimed by this date and time will be wiped from the database and can be used by anyone.

I think the "undisclosed" time is 8:30 Eastern, since the Login server JUST came up right now :)
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 05:48:59 PM

fucking can't login to 'name Reservation' it's getting slammed.

AIDHFAISHD324898#@(*&@#(*@#^(&#^@^&*#
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 05:57:14 PM

Ya. Me too :(
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 06:03:28 PM

Can you only reserve one?
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 06:05:24 PM

Correct.

And that's probably good. I can't come up with a name I REALLY must have.
Leaddore

Email
Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 06:24:37 PM

I have my name reserved now, go me

and there was much rejoycing..... yay
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004, 06:31:17 PM

I got a new name reserved. And I fucking like it.

The Stygian

See - it's awesome. And works for my Dark Defender. Unfortunately whoever took the name "The Professor" will be hunted from the first day PVP goes live.
WayAbvPar

Reply #7 on: April 20, 2004, 06:36:53 PM

After a few attempts, I got in and reserved Beguiler for my Magic Mind Controller.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 20, 2004, 06:41:54 PM

Darniaq. Even though the other stuff doesn't technically matter, I went with Blaster Fire / Fire anyway.
addryc
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 20, 2004, 06:46:58 PM

I got the name I'd been thinking about for a while but wasnt available on Prime: The Apothecary :)
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: April 20, 2004, 06:47:54 PM

What would you be?
addryc
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 20, 2004, 06:49:39 PM

Pah - I updated the RollCall for release with it - but The Apothecary is going to be a Technology Defender - Empathy/Electrical.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #12 on: April 20, 2004, 07:11:30 PM

Remember, this is all thanks to HaemishM

I just reserved "The Red Scare"..

My battle cry:  "To Each According To His Need!"

I'm going to be a fire/fire blaster.

I will probably look something like this:

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Leaddore

Email
Reply #13 on: April 20, 2004, 07:13:29 PM

I am a fire/fire blaster as well, I love it, only thing I am going to change on him on production, is I am not taking fire sword this time out.

I dont feel I need to be in melee range at all lol
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: April 20, 2004, 07:16:28 PM

Quote from: cevik
Remember, this is all thanks to HaemishM

I just reserved "The Red Scare"..

My battle cry:  "Must Kill Jimmy Carter"

Fixed.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 20, 2004, 07:32:28 PM

Quote from: Leaddore
I am a fire/fire blaster as well, I love it, only thing I am going to change on him on production, is I am not taking fire sword this time out.

Me too :) Well, if it's ever just the two of us in a team, we'll Fire Ball the shit outta four or five groups at once. The one thing I REALLY wish we had, but from a way-too-uber-point-of-view understand why we don't, is the Fire Controller "Cage of Fire". AoE Root. 'nuf said.
Lurk

Email
Reply #16 on: April 20, 2004, 07:33:13 PM

I'm making a dangerous assumption here, but I can't decide:

John Doe: Fits my personality.
Will Rock: Would probably be declared copyright infringement.
Satan: God was invalid, but this guy must be kosher.
Orgasmatron: I'm really liking this one.
Hot Flashes: It's funny, promise.
Mr. Pink: 'nuff said.
Spank Wagon: You haven't lived until you've named yourself after a Wesley Willis song.
Ultra-Violence: The name of my current main.

Help me out here...
schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: April 20, 2004, 07:34:02 PM

Hot Flashes is a work of art.
Leaddore

Email
Reply #18 on: April 20, 2004, 07:44:30 PM

Quote from: Darniaq
Quote from: Leaddore

Me too :) Well, if it's ever just the two of us in a team, we'll Fire Ball the shit outta four or five groups at once. The one thing I REALLY wish we had, but from a way-too-uber-point-of-view understand why we don't, is the Fire Controller "Cage of Fire". AoE Root. 'nuf said.

Yeah, they dont want to give us an AE Root, put a few speeds on fireball so it regens faster, and you would be a killing machine, mix that with the rain, and it would be mayhem
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 20, 2004, 08:18:03 PM

Crushing graphics cards nightly, to be sure :)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #20 on: April 20, 2004, 08:59:15 PM

Quote from: schild
I got a new name reserved. And I fucking like it.

The Stygian

See - it's awesome. And works for my Dark Defender. Unfortunately whoever took the name "The Professor" will be hunted from the first day PVP goes live.

Why dont you just use schild?

I took Morphiend, just so there is no confusion.
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: April 20, 2004, 09:05:12 PM

Because Schild isn't a Super Hero name?

It's the last name of a Jewish kid...
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #22 on: April 20, 2004, 10:08:57 PM

I got Ms. Voyeur even though the gm said, "Flesh colored costumes are not allowed, please log off and delete your character immediately."  I think i'm going to go for the *ahem* "flesh colored costume" character, but then again what happens when I hit level 25 and a gm deems my toon "inappropriate".  Well anyway, no matter what kind of powers I pick (looks like i'm going energy blaster/gadgets) I will be some sort of skimpy chick.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #23 on: April 20, 2004, 11:19:24 PM

Quote from: Ookii
I got Ms. Voyeur even though the gm said, "Flesh colored costumes are not allowed, please log off and delete your character immediately."  I think i'm going to go for the *ahem* "flesh colored costume" character, but then again what happens when I hit level 25 and a gm deems my toon "inappropriate".  Well anyway, no matter what kind of powers I pick (looks like i'm going energy blaster/gadgets) I will be some sort of skimpy chick.

slut.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #24 on: April 20, 2004, 11:20:23 PM

Some chucklefuck took Jurist, so I kept Seismic Shift.

Also, you only get one, making multiples apparently results in them just giving you a random reserved name.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #25 on: April 21, 2004, 05:54:08 AM

I reserved Signe because someone just MIGHT steal it... though no one has in the millions of games I've played.  I haven't decided what to reserve in my 4 other beta accounts.  They just keep giving me new beta accounts!

I LOVE Hot Flashes... that really is rather inspired.  

And schild works for me, too... though you could make it 'Super Child'.
I have to say... G. Gordon Liddy was too perfect last night, as was Righ's Wesley Snipes.  Let's have that screenshot!

I saw The Professor last night.  He looks EXACTLY like the Hulk.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #26 on: April 21, 2004, 06:12:55 AM

I reserved Dark Dryad.

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
Leaddore

Email
Reply #27 on: April 21, 2004, 06:33:11 AM

being a computer geek, and an IT person, I saw the BEST superhero name last night running around, I should have stolen it...

The Computer Technician

I laughed for quite a while when I saw it
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 21, 2004, 07:00:00 AM

I reserved Signe because someone just MIGHT steal it... though no one has in the millions of games I've played. I haven't decided what to reserve in my 4 other beta accounts. They just keep giving me new beta accounts!

Isn't name registration JUST for the pre-order accounts?  The name is tied to your pre-order account key.  So unless you plan on having four paid accounts and four boxes there is no point in reserving names on those other accounts.

As others here, I can't think of any names I outright MUST HAVE.  I am not going to use names from other games except for one that I really doubt will be taken before I can get it on the 25th-28th.

I am very rarely happy with my names anyway.

Any name that I think about long enough becomes stupid in my head (yes, even every name listed here and every name I have ever seen in a game).
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 21, 2004, 07:11:05 AM

Quote from: Alluvian

Isn't name registration JUST for the pre-order accounts?

Apparently not (from the official news post):

Here’s the good news about name reservation – both beta testing accounts AND pre-order accounts have the ability to reserve a character name ahead of time!
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #30 on: April 21, 2004, 09:15:55 AM

grrr i hate it when preorder perks are given away ...

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
WayAbvPar

Reply #31 on: April 21, 2004, 09:32:58 AM

As others here, I can't think of any names I outright MUST HAVE. I am not going to use names from other games except for one that I really doubt will be taken before I can get it on the 25th-28th.

Half the fun is taking a name that you KNOW someone had on one of the other servers- griefplay at its finest! =)

Who knows if the name I reserved will even end up being my main. I get the feeling that he is gonna be awfully group friendly though- Dominate pwns.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #32 on: April 21, 2004, 10:04:36 AM

Ah, Alluvian... there is a method to my madness.  I reserve the names, they are held til May 15 (or whatever it was), they get tossed back into the mix, I log in that day and pick them off, one by one.  See?  Aren't I clever?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 21, 2004, 10:10:39 AM

And you get to fuck with anyone else wanting the names.  I see the joy in that.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #34 on: April 21, 2004, 10:20:18 AM

Quote from: Ookii

What looks really good is if you go for white skin, and a light grey costume. This way it looks like sheer silk or some thing. AMy GF did this, also, I couldnt believe it, but they have nipples. You cant really see them with a flesh colored suit, but with the grey on white, it totally looks like nipple hard on.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Name Reservation  
Jump to: