Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:21:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: BOOMTOWN 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BOOMTOWN  (Read 3733 times)
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

on: April 15, 2004, 06:44:00 AM

What a bitching zone!  Jenny Psycho and I were tagteaming up in there and being quite effective.  I am level 13 she is level 12.  I think the requirement is 12 to enter, but I am not sure.

It is a zone just north of steel canyon.  Hazard zone, and is the remnant of the part of the city attacked by the Rikiti.  Totally wiped out flaming city.  Buildings tilted side ways, cars crushed everywhere, craters in the ground, half broken highways...  think skyway city after being wiped out.  Schild has picture of it in his review.  Very fun place to romp in.

Just mentioning something cool to look forward to.  Too bad we can't sidekick people into hazard zones.  Lots of 11 and up mobs. Usually in groups of 5 or so with 2-3 leutenants.

Jenny and I were having little problems, but then she went ld RIGHT after the opening volley vs a group of level 12s that included three freaking shockers.  I HATE SHOCKERS, hehe.  I am amazed I survived that one (burned all my inspirations to stay alive).

Then later on again we both died against a group of level 13 clockworks, but we have revives to get back up and finish the job.  Clockworks are super tough because of the endurance drains they have.  Later we fought a similar group of 12s and it was far easier.

So with a group of 12-13's it looks doable.  We did it with only two, but fire controller and fire blaster are pretty much a perfect pair.  She can hold them all still in one place while I hit them with my 4 area effect damage powers.

Great fun zone though.  I highly recommend it when you can.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 08:26:29 AM

I've had a kill 10 clockworks in boomtown mission for a couple of days now but there hasn;t been anyone on to group with when I've been playing and it's too hazardous to wander around there alone.

Now that I hit 13 last night I will probably start hanging around Boomtown looking for pickup groups, either that or soloing in SC.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 09:37:15 AM

Level 11 to enter.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 09:51:36 AM

Check out skyway as well.  The areas north of the hospital are filled with pretty easy groups of 11's and 12's.  They often have lts, but they are not very dangerous unless you are in melee, and then an actual melee character may have enough defense to not be that bothered by them.  For a blaster they butcher me in melee, but do very little at range.

The ogre troll bosses can be nasty though, but are not terribly common.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 06:19:37 PM

Boomtown and Faultline are both great looking zones (well, for areas of massive destruction) but you will need to be a lot more careful in Faultline since it's very easy to fall in a crack and onto a CoT ritual. They don't like that.

SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 03:17:25 AM

Faultline is more dangerous than "Boomtown" (aka Baumton).  The two zones are very similar, but I think I like the look of "Boomwtown" better.

Bruce
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: BOOMTOWN  
Jump to: