Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:07:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: X Universe Humble Bundle (Anyone Play This Series?) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: X Universe Humble Bundle (Anyone Play This Series?)  (Read 1646 times)
Raguel
Terracotta Army

on: April 25, 2022, 08:43:39 AM

Link

Curious if anyone has played this. I don't think I've even heard of the series until I saw the bundle.

Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 10:15:52 AM

I've played several of the games in the series. X3 and Albion Prelude were, in my view, the high-point of the series that was followed by X: Rebirth (which was absolute trash, at least at launch --  I never bothered trying it again after the patches/expansion). X4 and its expansions are the ones I've not played (yet -- too many other games to play), but from what I remember they took what little good there was out of Rebirth and added it to what had made X3 so good, but also brought a bit of the bad from Rebirth, unfortunately.

The games are.. notoriously shite when it comes to UI/controls and ease of play, but if you're willing to spend the time playing them while looking up guides/help online they can be pretty good games that are fairly deep. Overall, with the exception of Rebirth, they're pretty good games if you're into the genre (and for a long while were the only games in the genre still being released).
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 02:48:43 PM

I've played X3, it's one of those series with a learning cliff that I never scaled, but I keep meaning to, because it looks pretty crazy.  From what I've seen, the campaign is wet garbage, but the sandbox aspects are pretty crazy.  Youtube videos are floating around of how to create your own fleets of autonomous merchant vessels with automated buy orders and such, but I'm rarely able to get past the "push RMB to shoot" tutorial, so I can't speak to much of the depth, aside from that it looks fun from the outside.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 03:54:38 PM

I always plan to play one of those when they release a new one. Then they come out half finished and buggy as hell and I tell myself I’ll wait until they fixed everything and completed the game and then I’ll forget until the next one comes out. Maybe this will finally convince me to give it a try.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: X Universe Humble Bundle (Anyone Play This Series?)  
Jump to: