Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:47:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Thor: Love and Thunder 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thor: Love and Thunder  (Read 5494 times)
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #35 on: September 29, 2022, 08:46:58 PM

If anything I think most of the latest MCU movies needed more time.

Then you'll be happy to know that Wakanda Forever reportedly will have a runtime of 2 hours 41 mins.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 30, 2022, 06:32:23 AM

They are too short if you want to keep every interaction they put in the versions that got released. But too long if you just want a fun MCU movie.

Most of the post end game MCU should have had the script editted way down, or should have been made into a TV show.

Shang Chi : Cut the entire shit village thing and do the finale at the ten rings hideout. Story is about main character and his dad, not Michelle Yeoh.
Morbius : nobody cares
Eternals : TV show, obviously.
Spiderman : Fine.
Strange : TV show. Named for Wanda. strange 2 should have been an entirely different story.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 06:39:08 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: September 30, 2022, 06:44:46 AM

Hur hur strange worlds

Phase 4 was a mess
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #38 on: September 30, 2022, 07:24:20 AM

Eternals should just not have happened at all. Agree with Strange 2, that was a hot mess and I have a Cumberbitch at home. She'll likely never watch another MCU movie other than Strange 1, which she will watch any time it's on tv. Besides being a Wanda movie, the whole star portal girl thing was awful.

They just announced Armor Wars will now be a movie instead of a 6-episode series, so I expect that to be way too much for a movie (same writer).

Shang-Bro needed to start with better casting for the lead. Great supporting cast, but ugh. Why not just pair him with Danny Rand for a series of garbage acting and action?
schild
Administrator

Reply #39 on: September 30, 2022, 07:34:19 AM

Idk man shang chi was great.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #40 on: September 30, 2022, 11:13:40 PM

Hur hur strange worlds

Phase 4 was a mess

WandaVision, Loki, and No Way Home (and She-Hulk so far) were top tier MCU. Shang Chi, Love and Thunder, Hawkeye, and Ms Marvel were fun. I also found Strange 2 fun but know some folks here dislike it. Black Widow was watchable. There were some duds in the mix, but overall I think Phase 4 has had a lot to like and we still have Werewolf by Night and Wakanda Forever coming.
schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: October 02, 2022, 09:08:22 AM

I liked a lot of phase 4 individually.

Phase 4 was still a mess. Even Feige agrees.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #42 on: October 02, 2022, 09:51:35 AM

It doesn't cohere very well. Maybe it will in hindsight when we see what's trying to point to (if anything). It just may be that we are thinking of it as one cohesive story like Phase 3 but it's more like a phase 1.5 - origin stories of new characters/threats that don't have a lot to do with each other until they do.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 02, 2022, 11:04:25 AM

My headcanon for both Waititi Thor outings is that they are drunken retellings. The first by Thor himself, the latter by Korg. Okay I don't know if Korg was drunk (or can even get drunk), but he was apparently narrating to children. Plus he can get Jodie Foster confused with Jane Foster, which tells you how reliable the rest of his storytelling is.

That said, I enjoyed Love and Thunder while agreeing with a lot of the criticisms. It was a fun romp, but even less "canon" than the rest of the multiverse.

But then, I loved Strange 2. Sam Raimi forever, and evil Wanda is the best Wanda.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 02, 2022, 01:34:24 PM

Before avengers 2, MCU coherence was just referencing macguffins in post credit scenes.

I'm really not bothered that phase 4 was disconnected, but the films needed longer in the writer's room, and a someone with a freer hand on the scissors in the editing suite.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Thor: Love and Thunder  
Jump to: