Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:20:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Arcane (Riot Games League of Legends Anime) Netflix 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arcane (Riot Games League of Legends Anime) Netflix  (Read 1864 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

on: November 24, 2021, 04:44:02 AM

Yeah so this is good. Watch it.

Worst part. Harley Quinn type characters are trash. Imagine Dragons are omega trash and the OP is a dogwater rip off of American Gods.

Best part. Art and style is very well executed. Has some heart and some good family stuff to tug at some feels. Doesn't just try hard to be anime is comfortable being its own spin on things.

I know who all the heroes are from the game but I know basically nothing else of the "lore" of the moba. This is not Dune I think your basically fine not knowing. While the show does cover a lot of in universe time the good story bits are about the individuals. Does suffer a bit from wanting to cameo a whole bunch of in-game heroes and/or having to do like 8 super hero origin stories at once but the overall product was well worth the watch.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 05:39:21 AM

The style can be really good most of the time.

The characters are all eh though, and there is no plot. It is slow, disconnected, hero sequences. There is no sense of world, city, etc. Though they try in little bits, it never works. They care too much about their hero characters to situate them in anything meaningful.

Maybe more value for a LoL player, which I never have been.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 06:39:56 AM

I loved the art style, was kind of eh it's fine about characters and story.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 10:44:09 PM

I really liked the show. I was going to argue about characters but it's really just Silco doing the heavy lifting.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 10:26:30 AM

Well with most anime being utter garbage, I appreciated this show way more than what should be allowed.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 03:06:53 PM by MediumHigh »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 07:41:09 PM

I've watched the first 3 episodes so far and this is way better than it has any right to be.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 22, 2021, 10:41:32 AM

I've watched the first 3 episodes so far and this is way better than it has any right to be.

I have also finished the 3rd episode, and am a bit blown away.  It is absurdly well produced. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 09, 2022, 11:35:21 AM

I wish these show producers were in charge of the wheel of time.  I've no idea how this ties to league of legends, but I'm looking forward to season 2.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 09, 2022, 10:57:37 PM

I know and care nothing about the LoL game nor its lore specifically, but I know that I want a lot more of whatever this is.  One of the best shows in many years, IMO.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 14, 2022, 08:25:47 PM

I watched this over the weekend and loved it!  I know absolutely nothing about LoL other than having heard the name.  The animation was great and I liked the characters, more or less.  I hated how Violet just wouldn't understand/accept that Powder had turned into nutcase Jinx though (at least we were given reasons for her being that way though).  Jayce was a typical male hero type.  I agree that Silco did a lot of the heavy lifting since he was probably the prime motivator of just about everything, it seemed.

Nothing here was particularly new or innovative in regards to story telling but I thought they did a great job with what they used.

And screw you.  I like Imagine Dragons!  I thought their musical style fit the show style perfectly.  That opening sequence... watched it every time.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #10 on: February 18, 2022, 11:23:51 AM

And screw you.  I like Imagine Dragons!  I thought their musical style fit the show style perfectly.  That opening sequence... watched it every time.

I haven't liked them since their first album, but I found this particular song grew on me because of the show.
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: February 20, 2022, 09:40:00 PM

this has been an absolute slog for me to get through
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #12 on: February 22, 2022, 06:51:28 PM

this has been an absolute slog for me to get through

heh and now we have proof its enjoyable fun

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Arcane (Riot Games League of Legends Anime) Netflix  
Jump to: