Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:16:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Matrix Resurrections 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Matrix Resurrections  (Read 8986 times)
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 08, 2021, 10:47:51 AM

Maybe
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 08, 2021, 03:20:30 PM

If they are replacing the one it's going to be with someone young enough to carry the franchise forward...

That depends on their intentions. This may just be a one-off. If so, my spoilered theory could happen. But if this is the Matrix Sequel Trilogy then yes, one of the new characters is likely the new one. I actually thought it was nuSmith in the first trailer but now I think he is just an agent.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 22, 2021, 05:14:33 PM

This wasn't great, not terrible but kinda pointless. Extremely meta which was enjoyable in parts, but you can't have a discussion about how the best part of the originals was the bullet time and you need a new bullet time for the sequel and then not fucking deliver.

I am the .00000001428%
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 22, 2021, 09:22:35 PM

Watched it. The narrative was sort of intriguing but not amazing.

Ironically, the thing I was most disappointed by were the fights. It had modern quick cut shaky cam in a lot of the fights and I was dumbfounded. This is a series known for filming good fights. Why ruin that part of your legacy? I also noticed it had a lot of quick cuts. A lot of them. I feel like the editor just really did a terrible job on this movie.

The script also had issues. There were moments that felt like we were missing part of the movie. One of the biggest examples for me:

« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 09:24:21 PM by Riggswolfe »

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 22, 2021, 09:23:33 PM

Accidental double post

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #40 on: December 22, 2021, 09:26:03 PM

Yeah, the meta stuff in the first part of the movie was the best part.  It slowly went downhill from there.

Overall I'd rank it above 2 & 3, but still waaaay below 1.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #41 on: December 22, 2021, 09:39:41 PM

I don't know, I feel like 2 and 3 actually had ambition. And... you know... actual Morpheus and Agent Smith.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #42 on: December 22, 2021, 09:40:10 PM

Meta. As. Fuck.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 22, 2021, 09:53:04 PM

Meta. As. Fuck.

It was honestly too meta for me. It pushed it so far that it felt like it was constantly reminding me of the other, better movies. The only time I got a bit excited was when I briefly thought they might be brave and make you question Neo's sanity.

Yeah, the meta stuff in the first part of the movie was the best part.  It slowly went downhill from there.

This was another of my problems. It's actually two different movies. The first half is all meta. All the time. And the second half is trying desperately to be a Matrix movie again but it just felt off the whole time. Also, I don't buy that the fight scenes were bad because of Keanu Reeves getting older. We've all seen John Wick. He still has what it takes. It was just trashy quick cut shaky cam BS for some fights and piss poor choreography in others. It was mystifying.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #44 on: December 22, 2021, 11:29:09 PM

The John Wick fights have been with other trained fighters for the most part though. People who know the moves and can adapt and make it look smoother. The only ones other than Keanu in this one with that kind of muscle memory were probably NuMorpheus and Bugs. I will agree that the choreography was rougher and the filming and blocking were trash though.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 23, 2021, 07:53:35 AM

Pretty sure nobody in the originals was a trained fighter besides Keanu, and I'm not even sure he was at that point. Jessica Henwick at the bare minimum can kick some ass.

I am the .00000001428%
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #46 on: December 23, 2021, 08:33:05 AM

Those movies also had the bonus of Yuen Woo Ping doing the fight sequences.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #47 on: December 24, 2021, 10:39:25 PM

This was bad in ways it literally should not have been, yet there it was. The cinematography was about as bland and uninteresting as one could get. None of the original sense of style was here, not even updated for the modern time. It was just boring. The story made no fucking sense, half of it relying on remembering some minor character's name from the originals. I was so checked out by like the 90 minute mark. The big victorious reveal at the climax was so predictable, I just sighed when it happened. The only positive out of the whole thing was Jessica Henwick (Bugs) who was also the only good thing in Iron Fist. Double negative points for the shitty shit cover of Rage Against the Machine over the credits.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #48 on: December 24, 2021, 11:10:06 PM

Yeah, but the chick that sang it pissed on a guy at a live show back in October, so… edgy.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 26, 2021, 07:49:58 AM

Way too long.
Way too stupid.
Nothing happened that I cared about.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 26, 2021, 11:24:41 PM

This was bad in a predictable kinda way. Like man what's the most low effort, least interesting version of the Matrix you can think of?

"Oh I know" and proceeds to shit out this turd.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 27, 2021, 07:36:58 AM

I don't think it was predictable that they'd totally fuck up things like fight choreography.

I am the .00000001428%
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 27, 2021, 03:24:01 PM

I don't think it was predictable that they'd totally fuck up things like fight choreography.

I'm pretty sure whoever they hired just slide the work to their intern while they collected a paycheck. The guy probably spent the entire production catching up on Ted Lasso.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Matrix Resurrections  
Jump to: