Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:20:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Spider-Man: No Way Home 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spider-Man: No Way Home  (Read 11965 times)
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 18, 2021, 04:26:09 AM

Yeah, this was just perfect.
I would say almost perfect.   I would give it a 9.5 out of 10.

Honestly, the only thing that felt "off" was   Everything else in the whole thing though?  Totally nailed it.  

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #36 on: December 18, 2021, 08:57:12 AM

Honestly, the only thing that felt "off" was   Everything else in the whole thing though?  Totally nailed it.  

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 18, 2021, 09:15:04 AM

« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 10:48:40 AM by Threash »

I am the .00000001428%
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 18, 2021, 11:21:40 PM

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Hammond
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 20, 2021, 09:48:49 AM

I enjoyed the movie overall. The crowd for the movie on the other hand was a bit annoying. Had a lady that was audibly cheering on all the big reveals which got old pretty quickly.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 20, 2021, 10:06:56 AM

Waited half a year for marvel to make a good movie. Instead I ended up waiting for a great movie. More of that please  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 20, 2021, 10:12:58 AM

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #42 on: December 20, 2021, 11:03:45 AM

I enjoyed the movie overall. The crowd for the movie on the other hand was a bit annoying. Had a lady that was audibly cheering on all the big reveals which got old pretty quickly.

Nearly the entire theater was cheering where I saw it.  Would probably have been annoying if it was only one person but it was hard not to get swept up in the excitement a little when it was the entire sold out crowd.
Hammond
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 20, 2021, 12:54:12 PM

Nearly the entire theater was cheering where I saw it.  Would probably have been annoying if it was only one person but it was hard not to get swept up in the excitement a little when it was the entire sold out crowd.

There was 20 people in the theatre when I went. The crowd cheered on maybe 4 or 5 of the reveals. And it was more than those points honestly this lady was talking out loud to herself throughout the movie. It was odd....
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 20, 2021, 02:44:35 PM

It was very good. Fun. I was sort of hoping

I do like that Strange has more or less gone back to being an arrogant dickbag, with the consequences of that apparently on their way.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 20, 2021, 04:57:56 PM

I am the .00000001428%
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 20, 2021, 06:18:26 PM

Holland-Spider-Man still had his webshooters after Strange pulled his magic shooter back, so I don't think it changed the webshooters at all--it was a separate magical tech.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 20, 2021, 06:40:18 PM

These, by the way, are nits in relative terms, but they come with the territory when you do the plot device they just did; the Strange movie may or may not deal with these issues. We will see.

On the other hand,

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 21, 2021, 03:40:58 PM

I am the .00000001428%
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 22, 2021, 02:57:58 PM

Pretty much. Hopefully the Strange movie will move the ball a little. Doesn't help much with the long-standing (imho annoying) take on Strange that his powers are perilously undefined and thus need to be defined more.

Though the one bone I'd throw there is that the teleportation circle things are way way way way way too fucking powerful.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 23, 2021, 10:53:28 AM

One fun nerd conversation afterwards that we had was,
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 23, 2021, 08:49:00 PM

Regarding the speculation about the end of the movie:

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 26, 2021, 07:52:39 AM

This already broke a billion and its been like ten days, it hasn't even been released in China and several other countries. That would be impressive even before COVID.

I am the .00000001428%
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: May 01, 2022, 01:38:50 PM

Finally got around to this.

Blimey.

Good movie.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #54 on: May 26, 2022, 05:29:06 AM

Finally got around to this after finally watching Loki after finally finishing Winter Soldier.

This is the first post Endgame MCU thing that actually got me to care completely while watching. The rest has been like the filler arc of a shounen anime after 40+ eps, I don't want to miss out on any new characters or plot points but I wish I could just skip.

It shouldn't surprise me as Holland Spiderman has been my favorite not RDJ MCU character since jump but it still surprised me. 

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #55 on: May 26, 2022, 05:51:27 AM

Shame the ending was fuckin stupid trash.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: May 26, 2022, 12:16:49 PM

Lol nah

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: May 26, 2022, 12:58:15 PM

The ending didn't have mary jane 360 no-scoping green goblin out the sky so its automatically trash  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
schild
Administrator

Reply #58 on: May 26, 2022, 01:03:09 PM

the ending gave us another "poor" avenger who was totally removed from the MCU at large despite being positioned to literally take over for rdj

it was *extremely* bad and made it so we had a modicum of glue in the MCU to absolutely zero glue where everyone is just fucking about getting nothing meaningful done, including strange and thor

as it stands, the movie with the most ramifications seems to be god damned Shang-Chi - which is absurd

So yeah, in the confines of the MCU, the ending was shit.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: May 26, 2022, 02:04:39 PM

I like that it got Peter to a sort of "normal state" for Spider-Man--the guilt, the sense of living under an unlucky star, the sense that nobody knows who he is even in his own community of super-heroes and they aren't always sure whether to trust him. I sort of wish it hadn't been "magic memory wipe" for all the reasons I nerded out about before--that kind of shit just can't last and it becomes a story-telling problem almost immediately.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: May 26, 2022, 04:26:29 PM

I like that it got Peter to a sort of "normal state" for Spider-Man--the guilt, the sense of living under an unlucky star, the sense that nobody knows who he is even in his own community of super-heroes and they aren't always sure whether to trust him. I sort of wish it hadn't been "magic memory wipe" for all the reasons I nerded out about before--that kind of shit just can't last and it becomes a story-telling problem almost immediately.

I can't condone all the plotholes the memory wipe story creates but I'm not mad at the overall result. So hmm I'm going with it, since spiderman has so far been the only thing post end-game that actually has some A+ quality behind it and wasn't made with Marvels B or C team... 
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: May 26, 2022, 06:34:26 PM

the ending gave us another "poor" avenger who was totally removed from the MCU at large despite being positioned to literally take over for rdj

it was *extremely* bad and made it so we had a modicum of glue in the MCU to absolutely zero glue where everyone is just fucking about getting nothing meaningful done, including strange and thor

as it stands, the movie with the most ramifications seems to be god damned Shang-Chi - which is absurd

So yeah, in the confines of the MCU, the ending was shit.

It gave us comic book Peter Parker in essence which fixes one of the few complaints a lot of people had about the Tom Holland Spiderman that being that he was basically mini-Iron Man instead of Spiderman.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #62 on: May 26, 2022, 06:38:25 PM

he was basically mini-Iron Man instead of Spiderman.

You can't say this kind of thing to a man who's still grieving.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #63 on: May 26, 2022, 07:19:12 PM

he was basically mini-Iron Man instead of Spiderman.

You can't say this kind of thing to a man who's still grieving.
we love him 3000
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #64 on: July 20, 2022, 04:46:20 PM

Honestly, Otto Octavius was the hero of the story.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #65 on: July 21, 2022, 06:18:43 AM

If it weren't for the amazing casting of Holland as Friendly Neighborhood version, I think slotting Iron Spider into the Stark spot in the MCU makes better sense than a 'new Iron Man'. Genius kid, Stark left him $$$$, anonymity from Strange, etc. Then have Miles Morales be the neighborhood version of Spidey. Or even trot out Gwen (but probably not 3000 because that defeats the purpose of street-level spidey).

On the other hand, I think Holland would also nail the Iron Spider thing, too. It's where I was hoping they were taking things.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: July 21, 2022, 07:08:19 PM

I think that's basically Ironheart, when she appears.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: July 22, 2022, 10:08:56 AM

If it weren't for the amazing casting of Holland as Friendly Neighborhood version, I think slotting Iron Spider into the Stark spot in the MCU makes better sense than a 'new Iron Man'. Genius kid, Stark left him $$$$, anonymity from Strange, etc. Then have Miles Morales be the neighborhood version of Spidey. Or even trot out Gwen (but probably not 3000 because that defeats the purpose of street-level spidey).

On the other hand, I think Holland would also nail the Iron Spider thing, too. It's where I was hoping they were taking things.

Honestly, I'd love to see a live-action version of Gwen if it was done right. It'd be great as a series which sadly won't happen unless Sony and Disney get even closer.

I think that's basically Ironheart, when she appears.

Isn't that already on the schedule as a Disney+ series or something?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #68 on: July 22, 2022, 10:39:09 AM

They are working on it now but it hasn’t been scheduled yet. Probably 2nd half 2023 if no delays.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #69 on: July 22, 2022, 10:54:08 AM

Ironheart is also going to be in Wakanda Forever which comes out in November.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Spider-Man: No Way Home  
Jump to: