Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:09:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Hearts of Iron 4 Humble Bundle 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hearts of Iron 4 Humble Bundle  (Read 1749 times)
Raguel
Terracotta Army

on: July 31, 2021, 06:08:59 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 08:32:06 PM

Eveytime I try to play any of the games with this engine that aren't Crusader Kings, my eyes just cross and I end up installing. It just looks like walls of numbers as far as the eye can see.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 09:07:49 PM

Humble Bundle removed the ability to adjust the distribution of your purchase amount to ensure they get a significant portion of each purchase. Fuck em.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 12:05:38 AM

Humble Bundle removed the ability to adjust the distribution of your purchase amount to ensure they get a significant portion of each purchase. Fuck em.

They appear to have set a minimum amount for their cut?  Just tested it, and the lowest it would let me go with a "custom" distribution on the 22.49 bundle for all 8 was 4.50 for them.    I suppose a 20% cut is probably a bit high, but I don't know if I would go so far as to call it "significant".

All depends on what exactly they do with that cut though, I suppose.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 12:34:06 AM

Oh they added the sliders back in after everybody complained, and then 2 months later they changed it again to set a minimum for themselves.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/humble-bundle-changing-how-sliders-work-removing-the-ability-to-give-100-to-charity/1100-6493518/

Still fuck em.
pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 03:43:49 PM

You do need to invest a bit of time learning HOI4 - youtube videos etc since the in-game tutorial either doesn't exist, or sucks - can't remember which.

But once you grok it, its a really fun look at WW2. The national focus trees are a fun way of directing your country in a particular direction - assassinate Hitler, return the Kaiser and buddy up with King George - that kind of stuff. Go fascist as the USA and buddy up with Hitler, or have a second civil war.

And then there are mods like Kaiserreich, where Germany won WW1 and Britain and France become communist - fun stuff to play with.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 18, 2021, 07:40:08 AM

Eveytime I try to play any of the games with this engine that aren't Crusader Kings, my eyes just cross and I end up installing. It just looks like walls of numbers as far as the eye can see.

HoI 4 is the Babby's First Grand Strategy game: it is vastly easier than CK, EU etc and you can largely ignore swathes of it (I have never clicked anything on the diplomacy tab in years of playingm while spying is as ignorably pointless as it always is in these games.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Hearts of Iron 4 Humble Bundle  
Jump to: