For those stuck behind a firewall of some kind:
- World of Warcraft Client Patch 2.3.0
The latest PTR patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html
The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/
The Gods of Zul'Aman
The stronghold of Zul'Aman has stood for millennia as the Amani trolls'
seat of power and bastion of the fearless, cunning warlord Zul'jin.
Zul'jin has spent several years plotting behind Zul'Aman's walls.
Furious at the Horde for allowing his hated enemies, the blood elves, to
join its ranks, he eagerly embraced a scheme that the witch doctor
Malacrass recently proposed: to seal the power of the animal gods within
the bodies of the Amani's strongest warriors.
Now Zul'Aman's army grows more powerful by the day, hungry to exact
vengeance in the name of its fearless leader, Zul'jin.
Guild Banks Introduced
The Guild Bank is a shared repository for an entire guild and will be
accessible through Guild Vault objects near existing banks. The Guild
Bank will allow players with the appropriate permissions to store items
and money for use by the rest of the guild. Permissions to withdraw and
deposit money and items are controlled by the guild leader through the
guild controls menu. The Guild Bank is divided up into separate tabs so
that the guild leader may restrict access or group items into distinct
- Up to 6 purchasable tabs each containing 98 item slots
- Permissions to view/deposit/withdraw per tab
- You may use your Guild Bank withdraw limits to pay for item repairs
(now enabled on all merchants)
- Transaction logs of the last 25 actions within each tab, as well as
Dustwallow Marsh has seen many improvements with the addition of over 50
new quests and a new neutral goblin town called Mudsprocket located in
the southern part of the zone. There is also a small quest hub
featuring a crashed goblin zeppelin, to the east of Tabetha's hut.
Many leveling improvements have been made for the old world.
- The amount of experience needed to gain a level has been decreased
between levels 20 and 60. In addition, the amount of experience
granted by quests has been increased between levels 30 and 60.
- Level 1-60 dungeon quests have had their experience and faction
- Many elite creatures and quests in the level 1-60 experience have
been changed to accommodate solo play.
- The latest patch of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade shows a
benefit on today's popular multicore processors like the Intel(r)
Core(tm)2 Duo processor family. The enhanced patch has demonstrated
higher frame rates by spreading the work across both processor cores.
- Zul'Aman is a 10-player, level 70 outdoor instance located in the
Ghostlands. Players will be able to confront six new bosses
including the Forest Troll Warlord Zul'jin.
- Guild Banks have been introduced. The Guild Bank will allow players
with the appropriate permissions to store items and money for use by
the rest of the guild.
- Experience: The amount of experience needed to gain a level has been
decreased between levels 20 and 60. In addition, the amount of
experience granted by quests has been increased between levels 30 and
- All items have had their bonuses to Weapon Skill Rating converted to
a new stat called Weapon Expertise Rating. Each point of Weapon
Expertise reduces the chance for your attacks to be dodged or parried
- Healing reduction effects will now affect all health drain spells and
abilities (e.g. Mortal Strike will reduce health gained from Drain
- Healing: Almost all items and enchantments that provide bonus
healing now also provide a smaller number (approximately 1/3) of
bonus spell damage. There are a few items and enchantments where this
was not possible, such as random-stat items and Zul'Gurub
enchantments, but this is now the case on virtually all other items.
- On Kill Effects: Items and abilities that trigger on killing an enemy
will no longer trigger on using an ability that kills your pet.
- Weapon Skill: All items and abilities that granted weapon skill have
been changed. In most cases, they were converted to expertise or
expertise rating. Ranged attacks do not benefit from expertise, so
ranged weapon skill has generally been replaced by critical strike
bonuses or hit bonuses. In a few cases, talents have been changed to
other effects to avoid granting players excessive amounts of
- A new flight path has been added to the Rebel Camp in northern
- Flying units can see ground units and vice versa at any altitude.
- Players no longer gain the moving AOE radius bonus if they are
- Client spell cast requests are now sent to the server even if your
player is already casting another spell. This eliminates the need
for /stopcasting in macros to compensate for latency.
- Vendor Discounts: All vendors with an associate faction now give
discounts at all levels above neutral.
Friendly: 5% discount
Honored: 10% discount
Revered: 15% discount
Exalted: 20% discount
- Quest givers who have available daily quests will have a blue
exclamation point instead of a yellow one.
- Pets will try to get behind their targets when engaging in melee
- You can now obtain a tiny Sporebat pet with exalted Sporeggar faction.
- An Azure Whelp pet now drops from the blue dragonkin in Azshara.
- If you are seated and try to use abilities that require you to be
standing, you will stand up and use them. This can be disabled with:
/console autoStand 0 .
- Dwarf: Gun Specialization now increases chance to critically hit
with Guns by 1% rather than increasing weapon skill.
- Gnome: Escape Artist cooldown increased to 1 min, 45 sec.
- Humans: Sword Skill now increases the critical strike chance with
swords and two-handed swords by 1%.
- Humans: Mace Skill now increases the critical strike chance with
maces and two-handed maces by 1%.
- Orcs: Axe Skill now increases the critical strike chance with axes
and two-handed axes by 1%.
- Troll: Bow and Thrown Specialization now increases chance to
critically hit with those weapons by 1% rather than increasing weapon
The top ranked team of each battlegroup for each format will receive
a new unique title for the end of Season 2 called
Daily quests have been added targeting a random battleground for that
day. Look for Alliance Brigadier Generals and Horde Warbringers near
your faction's battlemasters in all major capitals.
Dropping the Flag in a battleground will now result in a debuff that
will not allow you to pick up the flag again for 3 seconds.
Druids who are shapeshifted when they receive the Restoration buff
from battlegrounds will now correctly regenerate mana.
Players will now be able to cast spells for free in the Battleground
before it begins.
Players will now be able to cast spells for free for a few seconds
after being resurrected by a Spirit Guide in the Battleground.
Additional Warmasters no longer report for duty upon destroying an
enemy tower. However, destroying an enemy tower still eliminates
the associated opposing Warmaster.
All Warmasters are linked to each other and their respective
Generals and can no longer be pulled individually.
Honor from capturing towers has been increased.
All Commanders and Lieutenants have left Alterac Valley in search
for other battle opportunities.
Players will no longer be sent to their starting tunnels on death
unless that team controls no graveyards in the battleground.
Many NPCs in Stormpike and Frostwolf holds are no longer elite
Bonus Honor in Alterac Valley is now only awarded during the battle
for destroying enemy towers and slaying the enemy Captain. Upon
conclusion of the battle, bonus honor is also awarded for intact
towers, a surviving Captain, and for victory in the battle. The
total bonus honor awarded should be similar to the previous total.
The Horde and Alliance now have a limited number of reinforcements
available in the battle for Alterac Valley. The number of
reinforcements available is reduced upon player death, loss of
towers, and death of Captain Galvangar or Balinda Stonehearth. In
addition, all available reinforcements are lost upon the death of
General Drek'Thar or Vanndar Stormpike. If a team is reduced to
zero reinforcements, the opposing team wins the battle.
Towers and Graveyards in Alterac Valley are now captured in 4
minutes (down from 5).
Eye of the Storm
The points awarded from capturing the flag in Eye of the Storm is
now increase based on the number of bases the capturing team owns.
Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm
Additional bonus honor is now awarded upon conclusion of the
- Barkskin: It is no longer possible to cast this spell while Cycloned.
- Challenging Roar: The chance for this ability to land successfully on
its targets is now increased by hit rating.
- Cure Poison and Abolish Poison are now usable in Tree of Life Form.
- Cure Poison, Abolish Poison and Remove Curse range increased to 40
- Entangling Roots: It is no longer possible for multiple Druids to
have Entangling Roots on the same target. In addition, it will now
always be removed correctly if multiple Druids overwrite each other’s
- Entangling Roots: This ability will no longer be overwritten when the
new Entangling Roots would do less damage.
- Feral Attack Power: Items that granted bonus attack power in Cat,
Bear, Dire Bear, and Moonkin forms have been re-evaluated. In almost
all cases, the attack power on the item has been increased. This
change corrects an issue where feral weapon damage was not keeping up
with other classes in its rate of increase.
- Feral Charge: It is now possible for the interrupt and root effects
from this ability to be resisted separately.
- Force of Nature: This ability will no longer automatically break
stealth on victims in its casting area. Nearby stealthed characters
may still be attacked if they are too close to the summoned Treants.
- Growl: The chance for this ability to land successfully on its target
is now increased by hit rating.
- Heart of the Wild: This talent no longer provides 4/8/12/16/20% bonus
Strength in Cat Form. Instead it provides 2/4/6/8/10% bonus attack
- Hibernate: This spell will now always be removed correctly if
multiple Druids overwrite each other's Hibernate.
- Intensity (Restoration) increased to 10/20/30% mana regeneration.
- Ignite: This talent is no lingered triggered by damage dealt by
- Natural Perfection (Restoration) - Now also grants the Natural
Perfection effect after being critically hit, reducing all damage
taken by 1/3/5% for 8 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
- Natural Perfection: This talent can now trigger while the Druid is
- Primal Fury: This talent will now be learned correctly even if
purchased while the Druid is dead.
- Rebirth cooldown reduced to 20 minutes, from 30 minutes.
- Remove Curse is now usable in Moonkin Form.
- Shapeshifting Spells: Some of these spells were causing additional
unintended threat. That additional unintended threat has been removed.
- Soothe Animal: This spell now properly consumes Nature's Swiftness.
- Tranquility now gains additional benefit from spell damage and
- Tree of Life: It is no longer possible to have the bonus healing aura
from this ability while not actually in Tree of Life Form.
- If you are in a shapeshift form and try to use an ability that may
only be used in caster form, you will leave the form and use that
ability. This means that you can shift from one form to another in
one action. If you don’t have mana to shift form, you will get an
error message and remain in your current form. This can be disabled
with /console autoUnshift 0
- Aimed Shot (Marksmanship) now reduces healing done to that target by
50% for 10 seconds, shot time reduced by 0.5 seconds.
- Arcane Shot (Ranks 6 and above) now dispel 1 Magic effect in addition
to their normal damage.
- Explosive Trap: The initial damage dealt by this trap is now also
increased by 10% of your ranged attack power.
- Expose Weakness: The triggered effect from this talent will no longer
use up charges of Misdirection.
- Immolation Trap: The total damage dealt by this trap is now also
increased by 10% of your ranged attack power.
- Misdirection: This spell will now always be removed correctly if
multiple Hunters overwrite each other's Misdirection.
- Misdirection: If a Hunter attempts to use this ability on a target
which already has an active Misdirection, the spell will fail to
apply due to a more powerful spell already being in effect. This
will not trigger the cooldown or cost any mana.
- Readiness: This talent now finishes the cooldown on Kill Command.
- Serpent Sting, Immolation Trap and Explosive Trap all gain additional
damage based on ranged attack power.
- Serpent Sting: The total damage dealt by this sting is now also
increased by 10% of your ranged attack power.
- Steady Shot: Tooltip clarified to indicate base weapon damage is used
in the damage calculation.
- Trueshot Aura (Marksmanship) no longer costs mana to cast and will
last until cancelled.
- Wyvern Sting (Survival) is now instant cast and has a maximum
duration of 10 seconds in PvP.
- Wyvern Sting: This ability will no longer be overwritten by lower
ranks of Wyvern Sting.
- Arcane Intellect and Arcane Brilliance mana costs reduced.
- Arcane Meditation (Arcane) increased to 10/20/30% mana regeneration.
- Arcane Missiles: Players will no longer get strange error messages
when casting this spell at evading targets. The spell will simply
- Detect Magic removed. All players may now see their target's
beneficial effects at all times.
- Evocation now regenerates 15% of total mana every 2 seconds rather
than increase Spirit based regeneration.
- Fire Ward and Frost Ward now gain additional benefit from spell
damage bonuses. Base absorb values of ranks 5 and 6 have been reduced.
- Ice Barrier now gains additional benefit from spell damage bonuses.
Base absorb values of ranks 5 and 6 have been reduced.
- Improved Fireball: The reduction in damage coefficient caused by this
talent has been removed.
- Improved Frostbolt: The reduction in damage coefficient caused by
this talent has been removed.
- Polymorph: It is no longer possible to polymorph a player and have
that player remain mounted. In addition, it will now always be
removed correctly if multiple Mages overwrite each other's Polymorph.
- Portal Spells: Portal spells to capital cities can no longer be cast
- Remove Curse range increased to 40 yards.
- (NEW SPELL) Ritual of Refreshment available on trainers at level 70.
- Spellsteal: It is no longer possible via this spell to get two
Forbearance debuffs at the same time.
- Blessing of Light: Lower ranks of Flash of Light and Holy Light are
now properly penalized when used with this Blessing.
- Cleanse and Purify range increased to 40 yards.
- Crusader Strike (Retribution) cooldown reduced from 10 to 6 seconds.
- Divine Favor: When this ability is cast immediately after a critical
heal, it will no longer be removed incorrectly.
- Exorcism mana cost reduced.
- Fanaticism (Retribution) now also reduces threat caused by all
actions by 6/12/18/24/30%.
- Hammer of Wrath mana cost reduced.
- Holy Wrath mana cost reduced.
- Improved Seal of the Crusader (Retribution) benefits folded into the
base spell. This talent now gives the benefits of the Sanctified
Crusader talent instead.
- Judgement of Light: The combat log will now show the health gained
rank 5 of this ability as Judgement of Light instead of Seal of Light.
- Judgement of Wisdom: It is no longer possible for the mana energize
effect to trigger off of reapplication of the Judgement of Wisdom.
- Paladin seals no longer have a low chance to be dispelled if you have
3 points in Sanctified Seals.
- Precision (Protection) now increases spell hit chance as well.
- Pursuit of Justice (Retribution) is now 3 ranks and increases
movement speed by 5/10/15% and also reduces the chance you'll be hit
by spells by 1/2/3%.
- Righteous Defense: The chance for this ability to land successfully
on its targets is now increased by hit rating.
- Sanctified Crusader (Retribution) renamed Sanctified Seals, which now
increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and melee
attacks by 1/2/3% and reduces the chance your Seals will be dispelled
- Seal of Vengeance: The bonus damage this ability dealt when the
debuff is fully stacked on the target was incorrectly too low.
It is now increased.
- Spiritual Attunement: This ability will now gain mana properly from
Vampiric Embrace heals.
- Vengeance (Retribution) duration increased from 15 to 30 seconds.
- Vindication (Retribution) frequency and duration increased and now
reduces all attributes by 5/10/15%, not just Strength and Agility.
- Weapon Expertise (Protection) renamed Combat Expertise, now increases
expertise by 1/2/3/4/5 and total Stamina by 2/4/6/8/10%.
- Blessed Recovery: This talent can now trigger while the Priest is
- Blessed Resilience: This talent can now trigger while the Priest is
- Chastise (NEW) is now available to Dwarf and Draenei priests at level
20. Chastise causes Holy damage and incapacitates the target for 2
- Circle of Healing: The base amount of healing from this spell has
been reduced along with increasing the bonus it receives from bonus
healing effects. Characters with more than 1338 healing will see
their Circle of Healing heal for more than previous patches.
Characters with less than 1338 healing will see their Circle of
Healing heal for less.
- Cure Disease and Abolish Disease range increased to 40 yards.
- Divine Spirit: It is no longer possible for a target to
simultaneously have Divine Spirit rank 5 and Prayer of Spirit Rank 1
icons showing at the same time.
- Elune's Grace (Night Elf) effect changed to reduce chance to be hit
by melee and ranged attacks by 20% for 15 seconds. There is now only
1 rank of the spell.
- Fear Ward is now available to all priests at level 20. Duration
reduced to 3 minutes, cooldown increased to 3 minutes.
- Fixed a bug where the global cooldown was triggered when shifting out
- Focused Will (NEW Discipline Talent) - After taking a critical hit
you gain the Focused Will effect, reducing all damage taken by 1/3/5%
and increasing healing effects on you by 4/7/10% for 8 seconds.
Stacks up to 3 times.
- Holy Fire: The tooltip on rank 4 has been adjusted.
- Inner Focus will now properly affect Lightwell Rank 4.
- Inner Focus: This effect is now properly consumed by casting Mind
- Meditation (Discipline) increased to 10/20/30% mana regeneration.
- Mind Soothe: This spell will now consume Inner Focus.
- Mind Vision: Now consumes the Inner Focus buff when cast.
- Pain Suppression (Discipline Talent) is now usable on friendly
targets, instantly reduces the target's threat by 5%, reduces damage
taken by 40% and its cooldown has been reduced to 2 minutes.
- Prayer of Healing, Circle of Healing and Holy Nova (healing effect)
now gain additional benefit from spell damage and healing bonuses.
- Power Word: Fortitude, Divine Spirit, Prayer of Fortitude and Prayer
of Spirit mana costs reduced.
- Power Word: Shield now gains additional benefit from spell damage and
healing bonuses. Base absorb values of ranks 10, 11 and 12 have been
- Prayer of Mending: This ability will no longer be overwritten when
the new Prayer of Mending would do less healing.
- Shackle Undead: This spell will now always be removed correctly if
multiple Priests overwrite each other's Shackle Undead.
- Shadow Word: Death: Resilience no longer reduces the backlash damage
from this spell.
- Starshards (Night Elf) is no longer channeled, costs 0 mana, is now a
Magic effect, lasts 15 seconds, causes damage every 3 seconds and has
a 30 second cooldown.
- Starshards: The damage per tick of this ability no longer changes
during the duration of the effect.
- If you are in Shadowform and try to use an ability that my not be
used in Shadowform, you will leave Shadowform and use that ability.
This can be disabled with /console autoUnshift 0
- Silent resolve: This talent now benefits the triggered buffs from
Blessed Resilience, Blessed Recovery, and Martyrdom.
- All poisons will now enchant the weapon for 1 hour, increased from 30
- Blade Flurry: This ability now works correctly in all cases with
- Blind is now a physical (no longer a poison) attack. Reagent
requirement removed. Now shares the same diminish category as Cyclone
and is now diminished in PvE as well as PvP.
- Cheat Death (Subtlety) chance to trigger increased to 33/66/100% and
now also causes the rogue to take 90% less damage for 3 seconds when
the effect triggers. This effect cannot occur more than once per
- Cold Blood: Fixed an issue where this buff was sometimes getting
removed when an attack missed.
- Dirty Deeds now also increases special ability damage against enemies
below 35% health.
- Dirty Deeds: This talent will no longer interfere with getting the
bonus damage from the Druid ability Mangle on Rupture and Garrote.
- Fleet Footed (Assassination) now increases movement speed by 8/15%.
- Hemorrhage: This ability now does 125% of weapon damage.
- Kick: Interrupting a channeled spell with this ability will now
always properly prevent casting spells from the same spell school for
- Remorseless Attacks: This talent can no longer be triggered by the
death of a rogue’s target dummy or other pet.
- Riposte is now subject to diminishing returns in PvP.
- Rogue's Deadly Throw missile speed increased significantly and snare
duration increased slightly.
- Ruthlessness now only affects melee finishing moves. It no longer
works with Deadly Throw.
- Sap: Multiple Saps placed by multiple Rogues will now be handled
correctly in all cases.
- Shadowstep (Subtlety) can now be used at any time, not only while
stealthed. Now increases the damage and reduces the threat caused by
the next damaging ability. Cooldown increased to 30 seconds. Range
changed to 25 yards.
- If you are in Stealth and try to use an ability that may not be used
while stealthed, you will leave stealth and use that ability.
This can be disabled with /console autoUnshift 0
- Chain Heal: The tooltips on ranks 1-3 have been adjusted.
- Chain Lightning cast time reduced to 2.0 (from 2.5), mana costs
reduced, benefit from spell damage reduced appropriately.
- Cure Poison and Cure Disease range increased to 40 yards.
- Earth Shield: This spell will now always be removed correctly if
multiple Shaman overwrite each other's Earth Shield.
- Earth Shield: This ability will no longer be overwritten when the new
Earth Shield would do less healing.
- Earth Shock: Interrupting a channeled spell with this spell will now
always properly prevent casting spells from the same spell school
for 2 sec.
- Elemental Focus (Elemental) now reduces the mana cost of the next 2
damage spells by 40%.
- Elemental Mastery: It is no longer possible to get two consecutive
guaranteed critical strikes from using this ability.
- Eye of the Storm: This talent can now trigger while the Shaman is
- Frost Shock is no longer subject to diminishing returns.
- Grounding Totem: This totem is now destroyed upon redirecting any
spell to itself.
- Lightning Bolt cast time reduced to 2.5 (from 3.0 where applicable),
mana costs reduced, benefit from spell damage reduced appropriately.
- Lightning Mastery (Elemental) cast time reduction reduced to
- Lightning Overload (Elemental) now has a 4/8/12/16/20% chance to
occur and the additional spell causes half damage and no additional
- Mana Spring Totem effect increased.
- Mental Quickness (Enhancement) now also increases spell damage and
healing equal to 10/20/30% of your attack power.
- Two-Handed Axes and Two-Handed Maces are now trainable by all Shaman
at the appropriate weapon masters. The Enhancement talent has been
replaced by Shamanistic Focus.
- Shamanistic Focus (New Enhancement Talent): After landing a melee
critical strike, you enter a Focused state. The Focused state reduces
the mana cost of your next Shock spell by 60%.
- Shamanistic Rage (Enhancement) now also reduces all damage taken by
30% for the duration.
- Spirit Weapons (Enhancement) threat reduction increased to 30% from
- Rockbiter Weapon: For ranks 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 the increased damage
resulting from this enchantment has been reduced slightly to match
the intended numbers given in the tooltip. Ranks 1, 2, 3, and 9 are
- Water Shield: This spell no longer costs any mana to cast and its
duration has been shortened. At the end of its duration, it now
grants mana for any remaining globes. In addition, the mana granted
per globe has been substantially increased.
- Windfury Weapon: This enchantment can no longer be triggered while
you are disarmed.
- Banish can no longer be cast on targets tapped by other players or
- Conflagrate: The Immolate debuff will now always be removed correctly
when this spell is cast.
- Drain Life and Siphon Life now reduce the amount healed when the
warlock is affected by healing reducing effects (e.g. Mortal Strike,
- Hellfire: This spell will no longer cause enemy spells to increase
casting time or reduce channel time. It will also no longer prevent
flag captures in Battlegrounds.
- Nether Protection (Destruction) now has a new, more distinct visual
- Ritual of Souls now takes significantly less time to cast and
- Seed of Corruption detonation will now obey line of sight.
- Shadow Embrace: This talent's effect can no longer trigger other
- Shadow Ward: This spell now gains additional benefit from spell
damage bonuses. Base absorb value of rank 4 has been reduced.
- Soul Siphon (Affliction) now increases damage by 2/4% and no longer
affects Drain Mana.
- Soul Siphon (Affliction): If a Warlock already has a particular spell
cast on a target, reapplying before its duration ends will no longer
grant an additional bonus.
- Unstable Affliction: The silence from this ability is now subject to