Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:09:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: New World (MMORPG, Amazon Games) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New World (MMORPG, Amazon Games)  (Read 29059 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #175 on: November 25, 2021, 11:03:43 AM

Note you have to click on the blue "View ignored content" link to see the dev post because their forum software allows members to "vote" (flagging) to "hide" other people's posts, including devs.

Wut?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #176 on: November 25, 2021, 12:18:10 PM

Feels apropos that their forum software setup allows for griefing. The game has a similar mass report abuse autoban feature that unscrupulous guilds are taking advantage of.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #177 on: November 25, 2021, 09:04:38 PM

Goddamn, Amazon is even inventing new ways to fuck up forums.  Facepalm

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: November 26, 2021, 01:17:17 PM

Nah, they just didn't learn anything from slashdot or reddit, where that sort of brigading had to be blocked.

Just like they didn't learn anything from previous MMOs.
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #179 on: December 23, 2021, 04:24:29 PM

Nah, they just didn't learn anything from slashdot or reddit, where that sort of brigading had to be blocked.

Just like they didn't learn anything from previous MMOs.

Played day two of release up til maybe 2 weeks ago... got into my 50s but ran out of steam...  Over and over I would hear myself or a friend in Discord say something along the lines of:

"Didn't we learn in Shadowbane/WoW/Daoc/etc. that this was a bad idea"
"Didn't the MMO community learn that this is a really bad idea back in 2005?!?"
"Didn't we learn that if it can be abused it will be abused???"

It was very pretty I will give you that, and I liked big chunks of the game.

The idea that you were taxed more on houses in game than Mr. Space Cowboy himself pays IRL was some of the best unintentional humor of 2021.

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #180 on: December 23, 2021, 04:27:36 PM

If @cubesos is to be believed that confirms what I speculated on earlier that the game's underlying engine is not designed to handle the large-scale faction-based PvP the game eventually morphed into because it was originally designed for small team-based Rust / Conan-style PvP.

Necro... or do we still say "Bloodworth"?

If only some company named Mythic had made a similar mistake many years ago with its engine's capabilities and the MMO Dev community could have learned from that mistake.   
/em rants from his armchair

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: January 01, 2022, 04:35:55 PM

A Bloodworth isn't a necro, it's a repost.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #182 on: January 07, 2022, 03:22:03 AM

so i heard this game is a slow motion bedpan accident filmed on location. this pleases me because i enjoy any suffering self-inflicted upon amazon by amazon. how them subscriber counts lookin
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #183 on: January 07, 2022, 07:14:23 AM

I'm expecting this game to just be included with my Prime membership any day now.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #184 on: January 07, 2022, 09:02:32 AM

Numbers are 90% lower of what it was when it launched. We are talking about 100k at peak which are not shit but not great. They are launching "mutators" for dungeons this month though, which are pretty cool.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #185 on: January 07, 2022, 09:08:52 AM

I'm expecting this game to just be included with my Prime membership any day now.

If that happens and I can play it on my laptop, I'll make an account for the HA HAs

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: January 07, 2022, 09:40:07 AM

so i heard this game is a slow motion bedpan accident filmed on location. this pleases me because i enjoy any suffering self-inflicted upon amazon by amazon. how them subscriber counts lookin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3ZMly9YAPA&ab_channel=JoshStrifeHayes

If you are looking through this game's history, take a shot every time the word dupe comes up. Then pray they can dupe you a new liver.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: January 08, 2022, 09:44:47 AM

If that happens and I can play it on my laptop, I'll make an account for the HA HAs

I'd try it for free, maybe. I'm one of those 1% that plays these games for setting and story, and the setting really doesn't appeal to me, and I have heard absolutely nothing about the story, or even if it has one.

But that said, since I don't raid, or PvP, or buy/sell game items for profit, if they can make the single and small group game fun I'd be all right.
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #188 on: January 16, 2022, 08:21:32 PM

I'd try it for free, maybe. I'm one of those 1% that plays these games for setting and story, and the setting really doesn't appeal to me, and I have heard absolutely nothing about the story, or even if it has one.

But that said, since I don't raid, or PvP, or buy/sell game items for profit, if they can make the single and small group game fun I'd be all right.

The story was:  you are shipwrecked on an island and there are 3 factions fighting for resources. Oh, and the island is full of Zombie Pirates!!!

There must be more to it that than, but in 54 levels that is all I picked up on.  Questing is very much along the lines of Everquest's Kill Ten Rats school of thought.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: New World (MMORPG, Amazon Games)  
Jump to: