Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:00:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Diablo 2R / Diablo 4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diablo 2R / Diablo 4  (Read 12562 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #35 on: August 12, 2021, 08:57:49 AM

To be clear that’s peer-to-peer multiplayer. Almost all the headlines have it wrong since the dedicated server multiplayer is “TCP/IP multiplayer” too.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 12, 2021, 10:06:02 AM

Right, that's just the term they used in the original game. Basically its battle.net or nothing for multiplayer now, which means your online characters can only be played online.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #37 on: August 12, 2021, 07:28:00 PM

+1 and platform if you bought into this.

+1 PS5 (i know, i know)
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: August 12, 2021, 07:49:49 PM

it's gonna be fuckin great it's not 1999 we don't need tcpip
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #39 on: August 13, 2021, 08:37:47 PM

Beta is active now. Watch a Twitch drops-enabled stream, link your accounts, and get a beta access key.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 23, 2021, 12:45:09 AM

this runs like complete dogshit
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #41 on: August 23, 2021, 05:08:06 AM

Haven’t had any issues with it during either beta. Tried it on PS5 during open beta also and it ran fine there as well.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 23, 2021, 07:03:33 AM

Blood Moor/Cold Plains lags to all shit.  It's almost unplayable.
schild
Administrator

Reply #43 on: August 23, 2021, 10:52:45 AM

it's your connection (and possibly theirs since they were forcing everyone online for the beta), rendakor I believe had some issues on day one but for a lot of us its been nothing but flawless

the single player alpha was absolutely silk
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 23, 2021, 11:48:59 AM

Den of Evil was fine so it might be just server being hammered.  I guess that zone is on a different machine maybe.

I don't -think- it's my connection, I connect to other online games without issue.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 23, 2021, 11:50:48 AM

I only played for a bit, but yea it was really bad. I did not want to tarnish the game in my mind, so I just walked away and will come back for launch.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 24, 2021, 09:26:27 AM

Got as far as Radament, thought i best stop there as my zons bow was at that stage where you plink away forever to kill stuff and only a farm/grind will help me through some of the upcoming harder bits and thats pointless in beta. Not sure its worth the full price, I had forgotten inven and ui was a bit clunky and stuff i take for granted in ARPGs was missing, but had preordered anyway
grunk
Terracotta Army

This poster is a gibbering retard. Also, he used to post from a rehab clinic.

Reply #47 on: August 25, 2021, 11:15:29 AM

its simple! diablo 2 re will be the shit, now step off!
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 25, 2021, 06:14:56 PM

Or it'll be a rose colored glasses falling from the face moment as people smash into the grind of "I have to farm Mephisto HOW many times before I move into hell diff?!"

It's high.

It's very high.

Or filling your entire inventory with charms so that you don't have negative resists.  Or how people can tell tales of farming for a set in D2 for 3+ years and never getting the whole thing.  With an optimized magic find frozen orb sorceress that could do a meph/diablo/baal run in like a couple of minutes.  Or runes.  Dear god, the rune farming.

Hell I was nonplussed as I walked over gold and it didn't go into my pack.  Just imagining the QoL improvements we're all used to in games now, I think it's going to be something of a shock to people experiencing what was admittedly a gold standard 20+ years ago.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 26, 2021, 06:00:47 PM

I think all of what you said is true, Soulflame.  On the other hand, in the back of my head, I'm already cutting the game a lot of slack because it's 20 years old.  The lighting/atmosphere of the maps... I had forgot how creepy/tense they were.  That has aged really well.

And at least part of me is hoping that, post release, they do some tweaking to make it less grindy.  Off the top of my head;
-Up the drop rate (leagues are gonna suck without this). 
-Up exp.
-Let runes of the same type stack. 
-Ditto for gems. 
-Do a little predicting of intended target if I don't click exactly on the mob. 
-Improve the max stats of the charms so not as many are needed in the backpack
-Do we really need immune mobs?
-Does hit rating have to suck so much?  This hasn't aged well at all.  Hate this fucking mechanic
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 26, 2021, 07:06:36 PM

Not just immune mobs, mobs that are immune to three fucking elements (lumping physical in fight me.)

They definitely could make the game a lot more 2020s friendly, but I haven't gotten the impression they were going to do that.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 27, 2021, 01:40:01 PM

I'll be interested in seeing how people feel, though I'm definitely watching from the sidelines. Is Diablo 2R based on the latest verison of Lord of Destruction? There were big changes between D2 and LoD, and some pretty big changes in some of the patches, I think 1.10 was the biggest one.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 27, 2021, 04:06:16 PM

Latest, includes LoD (which is when runes came in, if I'm not just making up memories.  D2:R has runes)
penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 28, 2021, 08:12:21 AM

Not sure its very latest v1.14 (Uber levels/Den of Evil respec/Pandemonium event etc) tbh cant find anything about it either.

edit: might well be. here is a list from forums. "Endgame" events i will assume to be 1.12-1.14 additions.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/every-change-in-d2r-so-far-more-coming-post-launch/42973

Auto Gold Pick-up

Advanced Stats Screen

Gamble Refresh + item no longer dissapears when buying mutliple of the same type.

Stash size increased to 10x10 + Added 3 more Shared Tabs.

Cow King Lock-out Removed

New upgraded Bnet system. (consoles need lobbies still)

No character expiration. (20 character limit *hopefully* won't be max on launch)

Ladder-Only Unique Items Unlocked for Single Player + Non-ladder

Ladder-Only Runewords + Cube Recipes Unlocked for Single Player + Non-ladder

"Endgame" Events Unlocked in Single Player + Non-ladder

Playable on Xbox, PS, Switch *with* cross-progression.

Global servers (don't have to switch servers to play with others)

More Details for Merc abilities

WSG and Ebug Removed (if these are changed there is going to be a huge list of everything they did)

Appearance of specific items now show on your character when equipped.

Character selection screen has ultra close-up of your character + a detailed back-drop of current Act.

Wide-screen support up to 19:9 (removal of black-bars while zoomed-in possible compromise)

More Accessibility options (controller support, change text size, colorblindness, etc)

TCP/IP removal (lame. maybe brought back in a future patch?)

More Changes likely coming post-launch.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 08:24:18 AM by penfold »
schild
Administrator

Reply #54 on: August 29, 2021, 07:32:39 PM

Not sure its very latest v1.14 (Uber levels/Den of Evil respec/Pandemonium event etc) tbh cant find anything about it either.

It's not just the latest, they're patching all that shit into SP.

edit: which is in the middle of your post
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 07:36:14 PM by schild »
grunk
Terracotta Army

This poster is a gibbering retard. Also, he used to post from a rehab clinic.

Reply #55 on: September 13, 2021, 12:04:21 PM

I keep telling you bitches D2 RE > all, anyone that wants to hook up, DM me your bnet id.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #56 on: September 22, 2021, 11:44:49 PM

Launching in about 8 hours.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: September 23, 2021, 12:23:23 PM

Still not launching for 8 hours from what I've heard, a hyuk hyuk hyuk.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #58 on: September 23, 2021, 01:54:30 PM

Of course there's not enough server capacity at launch Facepalm

Edit: and multiple character rollbacks...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 02:57:14 PM by Trippy »
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: September 24, 2021, 02:19:07 AM

Online servers got smashed, so I loaded up my old level 87 Barbarian with werewolf helm into single player, went into the highest difficulty and promptly got slaughtered as I'd forgotten how much button mashing is required :D

It seems to be a good remaster, and I love the fact that duplicate names are a thing, and that online characters are global across all 3 servers.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: September 26, 2021, 10:34:33 AM

Im up to Kurast. Playing by muscle memory basically, its like slipping into an old comfy jumper, but its brand new. Even though ive put a gazillion hours into Grim Dawn, Torchlight, PoE, Van Helsing, D3, and Sacred since D2 I still love it and it still does certain things better than its successors.

Duriel on Normal first time with a zon and sorc was brutally tough. Zap Branigan suicide wave tough. Had to get my 20 pally who did it fairly easily solo and even then the 2p version of Duriel kicked us about for a bit.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: September 26, 2021, 11:32:57 AM

All my online chars are gone. Had the druid to Pandemonium.  Went to open a ticket and no variation of "all my chars are gone" was available.  Are the people that design online ticketing systems just that fucking stupid, or is there some reason for not having ANY option that basically says, "Blizzard, you shit the bed"

EDIT: I see they are doing maintenance today, hopefully that is the issue.
EDIT 2: they are back now, hopefully if this happens to anyone else they'll come here as part of the "WTH?!".  Just log out and log back in (a bit of waiting may be required as well)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 11:40:11 AM by Typhon »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Diablo 2R / Diablo 4  
Jump to: