Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:19:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Cities:Skyline Humble Bundle 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cities:Skyline Humble Bundle  (Read 2622 times)
Raguel
Terracotta Army

on: June 05, 2020, 08:27:45 PM

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 09:08:38 PM

It's definitely worth a dollar.  This was also on PS+ last month as a free game.  I can't speak to the value of the DLC but I liked the base game a lot when I played it a few years ago.

It's much drier than the old SimCity games and there are times when you feel like a glorified traffic controller because so much of the game is wrapped up in roads/transit but that appeals to some people.  The UI is the best of any city-builder I've played and it's an attractive game.

There's even an urban planner on YouTube that uses it to explain the development of urban environments/politics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lvUByM-fZk

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 09:53:49 PM

It's very good, and some of the DLC is really good too. $18 for the DLC with the Green Cities, Mass Transit and Industries is totally worth it. I put over 50 hours into it.

Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 07:47:58 PM

I just bought the base game and half of the substantive DLCs (none of the music packs or anything) a few weeks ago during the steam sale, 50-60% off I think.  And I'm still playing it now. It's a much better version of SimCity than I ever played, though I didn't bother with the last couple of iterations. There are a couple of mods that really make it shine, not sure I'd like it nearly as much on the console.  Move It!, Road Anarchy, Props and Tree Anarchy, and Traffic Manager: Presidential Edition are pretty much indispensable for me, allowing me to bypass most of the developer and engine limitations.  Though getting buses to go where you want can still be a bit frustrating.  angry  But there's probably a mod to fix that too.  Moddability really does make a huge difference and is why I didn't mind throwing money at the developers, though I still don't think I'll buy any of the DLCs at full price.

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 07:18:02 AM

I think it's the best SimCity ever and yet somehow it just has never grabbed me with the one-more-turn feeling. I open it up every once in a while, foodle around, then move on to something else.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 07:30:23 AM

I like it well enough but it really becomes a traffic management simulator really quickly. Being on console, that really becomes problematic without those finer controls you get with some of the road lane controllers.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 07:46:16 AM

I cannot imagine trying to play this game with a controller.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 03:04:36 PM

Eh, I managed it for about three hours a day for a few weeks when it was free on the PS4, it does become a bit tedious though.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Cities:Skyline Humble Bundle  
Jump to: