Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 09, 2020, 05:59:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2020: Pangolin Flu Edition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2020: Pangolin Flu Edition  (Read 866 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: March 19, 2020, 03:11:54 PM

During all the hullabaloo about the fact we're all going to die of Pangolin Lung, the new league year started. Yes, Tom Brady will probably be a Tampa Bay Buc next season, which is mindblowing, but not the craziest story of the free agent season. Todd Gurley gets released as a salary cap casualty (so the Rams are likely going to suck worse next season). Joe Flacco got released but honestly that should have happened last year.

No, I want to talk about the Houston Texans trading away De'Andre Hopkins to the Arizona Cardinals for fucking peanuts.

Houston Texans get: RB David Johnson, 2020 second-round pick, 2021 fourth-round pick
Arizona Cardinals get: WR DeAndre Hopkins, 2020 fourth-round pick

While David Johnson had a monster season, he's too injury-riddled seasons from then, and lost his starting job on a team that was tanking for draft picks to win around their star rookie. A 2nd round pick is an ok pick but not for a guy that was the Texans' most important player bar their start QB. What's worse, though, is why Bill O'Brien traded him.

According to Michael Irvin, O'Brien thought that Hopkins was having too much influence in the locker room and had a meeting with Hopkins about it. During that meeting, he apparently said something along the lines of Hopkins having too many baby mamas around (he has children with multiple women). He also said the last time he had to have a meeting like this with a player was AARON HERNANDEZ, you know, the MURDERER. And keep in mind, this is a guy who has been a Pro Bowler, star level wideout and has had ZERO disciplinary trouble with the league. Hopkins mostly confirmed the story but downplayed its impact.

Bill O'Brien may truly be the dumbest fucker on the planet right now, at least in the football world.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 04:17:52 PM

During all the hullabaloo about the fact we're all going to die of Pangolin Lung, the new league year started. Yes, Tom Brady will probably be a Tampa Bay Buc next season, which is mindblowing, but not the craziest story of the free agent season. Todd Gurley gets released as a salary cap casualty (so the Rams are likely going to suck worse next season). Joe Flacco got released but honestly that should have happened last year.

No, I want to talk about the Houston Texans trading away De'Andre Hopkins to the Arizona Cardinals for fucking peanuts.

Houston Texans get: RB David Johnson, 2020 second-round pick, 2021 fourth-round pick
Arizona Cardinals get: WR DeAndre Hopkins, 2020 fourth-round pick

While David Johnson had a monster season, he's too injury-riddled seasons from then, and lost his starting job on a team that was tanking for draft picks to win around their star rookie. A 2nd round pick is an ok pick but not for a guy that was the Texans' most important player bar their start QB. What's worse, though, is why Bill O'Brien traded him.

According to Michael Irvin, O'Brien thought that Hopkins was having too much influence in the locker room and had a meeting with Hopkins about it. During that meeting, he apparently said something along the lines of Hopkins having too many baby mamas around (he has children with multiple women). He also said the last time he had to have a meeting like this with a player was AARON HERNANDEZ, you know, the MURDERER. And keep in mind, this is a guy who has been a Pro Bowler, star level wideout and has had ZERO disciplinary trouble with the league. Hopkins mostly confirmed the story but downplayed its impact.

Bill O'Brien may truly be the dumbest fucker on the planet right now, at least in the football world.

Thought about starting this thread this year but thought I'd let the dust settle first. But if we are talking 2020... let's look at the starting QBs not playing in the same uniform as the year before:
Brady
Winston
Newton
Mariota
Rivers
Dalton

I mean... damn. That's nuts to think if we see football in the fall 2020, those starters are all going to be in different colors.

"I want to watch it all burn in an orgy of smashed Coke machines and weasel rape." - HaemishM
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 04:21:31 PM

You forgot Nick Foles (now on the Chicago Bears though not a lock for starter) and Case Keenum (not a starter at the beginning of the year but at various times and is now backing up Baker Mayfield). Also, no Eli Face this season either.

WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 08:01:54 PM

I hope O'Brien doesn't get fired before John Schneider can fleece him one more time. God he is a donkey.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 08:04:20 PM

If Deshaun Watson wasn't a Playstation highlight reel turned flesh, O'Brien would be an assistant coach somewhere.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 07:30:28 AM

You gotta feel for Brady though. It's a hard thing to leave a team where everyone hates you, and face a world where everyone hates you.

Sometimes irony is pretty ironic.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 07:32:55 AM

For the official record:  Brady is going to suck in Tampa.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 09:40:13 AM

I think the biggest hindrance Brady might have in Tampa is a shit offensive line. They have some serious weapons at wideout and a really good defense. And Bruce Arians does pretty well with good QB's.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 09:53:26 AM

I sorta forgot Bruce Arians.

But my comment was more based on the idea that I think Brady has, finally, lost a step or two.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 10:10:30 AM

Oh he most definitely had lost a step. He wasn't helped by having a cast of used-to-be's and scrubs at wideout last season, not to mention having no tight end safety blanket and a shaky offensive line. He's still good enough to get this team to the playoffs even if nothing else changed on their roster. Jameis Winston threw 30 damn picks last season (with 5,000+ yards and 33 TD's) and the team finished 7-9. Brady gives them at least 1-2 more wins by himself.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 21, 2020, 03:32:54 PM

This is the first time Brady is actually playing in a competitive division.

Saints and Falcons are no Bills, Jets and Phins.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 21, 2020, 04:01:46 PM

Brady is retired.  He is just cashing a check in TB.  Sure he'd love to have everything line up and win a SB against the Patriots... but seriously, he is just doing this to make money.  I would not be surprised if - as I think the word was that he makes $20 Million even if the season never happens, he is secretly hoping to never have to lift a football in TB.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #12 on: March 21, 2020, 04:17:04 PM

Brady does not need the money and hasn't for years. He had so many endorsement and side deals with Robert Kraft for years as an end around the salary cap rules that he could have literally been playing for zero dollars and still never needed to make another penny in his fucking life. I'm pretty sure he got sick to death of Belichek being an asshole and wants to stick it to him.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #13 on: March 21, 2020, 07:24:09 PM

Rumor has it Belichek was willing to trade Brady to the Niners back when they first inquired about Garoppolo and that's what triggered Brady's desire to leave.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/3/20/21187467/bill-belichick-reportedly-offered-tom-brady-to-the-49ers
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #14 on: March 22, 2020, 12:16:34 AM

That certainly sounds true - Belichek's entire career as GMing the Patriots has been about paying less than market value for players, especially vets who would probably make more elsewhere. I find it hilarious that he wasn't able to succeed with that strategy this past season once Antonio Brown went apeshit.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 04:38:26 PM

In case there is football this year, The Los Angeles Rams just unveiled new branding.

Thanks, I fucking hate it.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 04:56:13 PM

Need to see it in context.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 24, 2020, 12:34:04 AM

It hasn't made me like the Rams more, if that's what they were going for.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2020: Pangolin Flu Edition  
Jump to: