Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:29:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Coronavirus / COVID-19 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus / COVID-19  (Read 253468 times)
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #1365 on: December 11, 2022, 03:42:08 PM

Thought maybe I'd finally been tracked to my lair by covid, but it's just RSV.
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #1366 on: December 22, 2022, 05:47:48 PM

More anedata (I like that!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?)

The Countess and I have had Pfizer all the way.

First shot, no noticeable effects.

Second shot briefly kicked my butt. I was bedridden for a couple days. But The Countess had nothing.

Both of us possibly caught Covid several months later after a gathering of the whole famndamily including some who couldn't be bothered with all the hassle of taking precautions given there was no POSITIVE proof yet that vaccines or masking or distancing worked and the supposed possibility that whole thing might still be a conspiracy or mass delusion or something rolleyes.  I got sick as a dog for a couple days a week later, but test from hospital was negative so I figured it was flu. The Countess however also got sick as a dog a week after me and she tested positive.  Neither of us had any severe respiratory issues, just severe flu symptoms including 103 fevers. Our doctor also had it about that time and her test was negative but her husband's was positive, so go figure. Tests aren't 100% reliable but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be tested!

First booster, no noticeable effects for either of us.

I don't even remember if I got the second booster, if so nothing happened, but I did lose my sense of smell completely early this summer and am just now getting it back. Taste also was affected but not severely. I already had been suffering, for a couple years prior to Covid, from ever worsening brain fog along with panic attacks and a dozen other symptoms caused by stress related issues so no way to tell on that one. The Countess on the other hand has been suffering from a lot of the symptoms of long Covid all year. Fatigue, complete loss of taste, brain fog, weight loss (probably from not eating), lethargy, frequent episodes of blood oxygen hovering around 95% (she is a heavy smoker though), etc. So we assumed it was long covid, but now it's been discovered she might have some other issues that could be causing the same symptoms.  Except the taste thing, that still would seem to point to long Covid.

Bivalent booster with flu shot three months ago, I was mildly ill for a day, but really mostly just tired and sore.

So I've probably caught it once, maybe twice, but been tested about a dozen times and never come up positive.  When they ask me if I've ever had it, wtf do I say? LOL  Officially I guess I've never been diagnosed with it?

I think the US is settling in to treating it as just one of those things. Yet another disease that gets a lot of people sick every year like flu and some unlucky/weakened people die from it, but trying to fight it is too inconvenient so oh well, sucks to be one of the unlucky ones.  Too bad so many people are selfish fucks, or we might could have stopped it at the very beginning and saved all those lives the past two years and the many to come.

I recently had a doctor give me a wonderfully blunt answer to a covid question that made me laugh out loud.  He'd just narrowed down a concerning blood test from my physical to the conclusion that I have very low IgG counts, meaning my immune system is probably weakened. I am creating plenty of antibodies in response to vaccines though, so somehow the immune engine is still working even with one cylinder not firing.  If anything, many of my lifetime medical issues are from a hyperactive immune system so perhaps it's starting to balance out?  awesome, for real  So anyway, I asked if that meant I was more susceptible to Covid and he just shrugged his shoulders with a wry smile and said "Who knows?".   If only more doctors would give honest answers like that instead of bullshitting and obfuscating perhaps there would be less distrust of the medical profession? Or possibly more once people started to realize just how little doctors actually know.

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1367 on: December 22, 2022, 07:04:55 PM

Wife came home last week (late Wed night) from a work trip and tested positive early in the morning. She crawled into bed with me when she got home, so I assume it was on the way for me. I tested negative, and scheduled PCRs at the clinic on Friday afternoon. Again mine came back late Friday negative and the wife had to wait till Saturday for confirmation of positive. I slept on the couch the whole time, until she tested negative on Tuesday morning. Had very mild symptoms only. I tested negative Tuesday as well. Dodged a bullet.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #1368 on: December 27, 2022, 08:05:24 AM

Wife came home last week (late Wed night) from a work trip and tested positive early in the morning. She crawled into bed with me when she got home, so I assume it was on the way for me. I tested negative, and scheduled PCRs at the clinic on Friday afternoon. Again mine came back late Friday negative and the wife had to wait till Saturday for confirmation of positive. I slept on the couch the whole time, until she tested negative on Tuesday morning. Had very mild symptoms only. I tested negative Tuesday as well. Dodged a bullet.

Are you both vaccinated?

Terracotta Army

Reply #1369 on: December 27, 2022, 08:30:29 AM

Are you both vaccinated?

yes sir. Completely up-to-date with every recommended vaccine (Pfizer)

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #1370 on: December 27, 2022, 12:54:22 PM

Are you both vaccinated?

yes sir. Completely up-to-date with every recommended vaccine (Pfizer)

So, anecdotal confirmation of the science saying the vaccines reduce your chance of catching it and reduce the chance it will be bad if you do.  What are the odds the idiot anti-vaxxers who rely entirely on anecdote and ridiculously unachievable standards of absolute "proof" will accept your anecdote?  why so serious?

Terracotta Army

Reply #1371 on: December 27, 2022, 06:25:48 PM

So, anecdotal confirmation of the science saying the vaccines reduce your chance of catching it and reduce the chance it will be bad if you do.  What are the odds the idiot anti-vaxxers who rely entirely on anecdote and ridiculously unachievable standards of absolute "proof" will accept your anecdote?  why so serious?

Odds? Absolute zero.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Coronavirus / COVID-19  
Jump to: