Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:53:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer 2019/2020 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Soccer 2019/2020  (Read 6552 times)
Shannow
Terracotta Army

on: August 25, 2019, 04:44:04 AM

Onwards.

Spurs being Spurs has started early this year.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 11:07:24 AM by Shannow »

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 08:31:48 PM

I think I am going to spring for the PL streaming package. I did it with NHL the past two years and loved it. Being able to watch games on demand is a great value.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 08:35:24 PM

You mean the NBC Sports Gold thing?

Also, yep, Spurs are Spursing it right up. Fucking Newcastle even. Clearly the Premier League wants to be a 2-team race.

WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 08:45:26 PM

Yup. Just signed up.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 05:42:40 AM

You mean the NBC Sports Gold thing?

Also, yep, Spurs are Spursing it right up. Fucking Newcastle even. Clearly the Premier League wants to be a 2-team race.

The PL was already a 2-team race before the season started. When's the first Liverpool - Man City match? It might end up being a 0-0 draw but the leadup is going to melt faces.

And fuck NBC sports. Until they make their website and app less of a shitty shit show I will not give them anymore money than needed.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 07:31:00 AM

I've managed to make it without the NBS Sports Gold app - I think I'll only miss like 2 Liverpool PL games the whole season without it. The big bitch about their Gold subscription is that it doesn't guarantee you all the games by itself - there are some games you can ONLY see if you have NBC Sports channel on your cable or streaming package. And if I'm not mistaken, a lot of people complained because on-demand matches weren't available on the service until after midnight.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 07:39:09 AM

I cannot stress enough how bad whoever runs their web/app is. The website is so fucking bad that if I want a quick score check or find highlights I'll go to ESPN first.

I tried watching a game on the XBOX through the regular NBC sports app and it wouldn't let me ...even though I could watch on my phone..

At this point I'm assuming whoever runs it is just the son/daughter of some NBC big boss and that's the only reason they got the job.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 02:20:32 PM

Pochettino out at Tottenham. 12 hours later, Mourinho is in.

Jesus Christ, this is going to be an epic, colossal failure and I will love every minute of it. Had Poch lost the plot a bit? Sure - I think he was just sick and tired of having to piecemeal a squad that was beholden to the strength of Harry Kane's ankles without any investment. Sure, they FINALLY spent this summer, after 18 months without a single refreshing of the squad. That 18 months was critical, and somehow Poch still got them to the Champion's League final and kept them in the top 4 in the league. Levy never got him a credible 2nd striker to back up Kane (Son is really good but a different sort of player).

Mourinho, meanwhile, will give them a bump that will be completely destroyed in 3 seasons time at the most, because he is a pissy egomaniac who cannot take any blame for failures and sours his relationship with fans and players in that amount of time regardless of results. I'm also not sure he's even the one to get results out of the team this season. Top 4 is quickly becoming a distant, forlorn hope.

WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 05:53:02 PM

Mourinho back to suck all the fun and creativity out of another PL team. Bleah.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 21, 2019, 07:09:26 AM

I'll just refer to the OP in regards to this shit show.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 21, 2019, 11:31:44 PM

Shock horror, Haem doesn't like Mou.

Mou is one of the best coaches of the last 30 years. Dislike him all you want (I wasn't a fan of him being appointed at Utd), but he has a good chance of actually winning something for Spurs.

Poch had just completely cratered with the team. It's sad as he had done an excellent job prior to that, but things weren't working for a while now. A change should be be better for both him and Spurs.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #11 on: November 22, 2019, 08:30:24 PM

Oh I don't disagree that Mou is a great coach - but I think his coaching skills have flatlined a little, as I don't think he's adapted well to the changing emphasis on pressing that both Klopp and Pep are using. He's also an unrepentant gaping dickhole who sours players, fans and management alike after the 2nd season. Spurs shouldn't have needed another coach, and had they invested in the squad instead of a stadium, Poch might have continued their improvement. Instead, Levy forced him to make do with what he had, which ensured that both manager and players got worn down to nubs. The seeds of Poch's leaving were planted 18 months ago and his ability to get them to the Champion's League final and toll it took on him personally is what led to this.

I fully expect him to go somewhere else and win titles, while Mourinho might win an FA or League Cup and then piss everyone off in his third full season before fucking off, just like he's done at the last three jobs he's had.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 11, 2019, 03:28:25 PM

Dislike him all you want (I wasn't a fan of him being appointed at Utd), but he has a good chance of actually winning something for Spurs.

It always amuses me how many people think he is a great coach... for anyone else's club. The real issue is simple, people don't want their team to become the baddies.

I think he does the best press conferences in the game, and so am happy to see him in work (at someone else's club).

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer 2019/2020  
Jump to: