Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:28:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Football 2019 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2019  (Read 21850 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: August 14, 2019, 11:27:47 AM

For those who wanted it, I'm running the Fantasy Football League this year.

Go Here to see if your team is still there. It's currently set for 12 teams, with a live draft on Sat. Aug 31 @ 4 pm CDT (5pm EST, 2 pm PST).

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 08:09:26 AM

For those who wanted it, I'm running the Fantasy Football League this year.

Go Here to see if your team is still there. It's currently set for 12 teams, with a live draft on Sat. Aug 31 @ 4 pm CDT (5pm EST, 2 pm PST).

I'm ready to defend.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 08:33:52 AM

I'm also ready to defend...second place.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 11:55:06 AM

Looking to swap places with one of you two this year.
ynotgolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 09:19:39 PM

If anyone wants my spot, ... work is a total grind right now, haven't the time nor energy to take FFB seriously this season.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 07:19:10 AM

Just tell me what teams to remove (or remove yourself if you can) and I can figure out an invite situation.

ynotgolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 09:09:27 PM

I think i was able to delete my team from the league (Slow, But Injured).
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 07:41:55 AM

You did it. The league has one open slot if anyone wants to join to be all you can be.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 06:15:05 AM

Is this slot still open?

Long time listener, first time player  awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #9 on: August 28, 2019, 07:50:21 AM

Yep, I still have a slot.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: August 31, 2019, 09:11:49 AM

Draft is TODAY at 4 pm CDT (2 pm PDT, 5 pm EDT). Don't forget (like I did last year even though I was commissioner).

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 31, 2019, 10:31:08 AM

It’s auto by default, no?  I couldn’t find the setting.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: August 31, 2019, 10:33:42 AM

I am about to start studying...feels just like college  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #13 on: August 31, 2019, 02:29:43 PM

It’s auto by default, no?  I couldn’t find the setting.

It is - if you don't show up, it will draft off either your rankings or Yahoo's if you haven't bothered to rank.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #14 on: August 31, 2019, 03:19:40 PM

Crap. Forgot about the draft.  awesome, for real

I don't think I would have picked any of the people the computer picked.  But the same computer graded me as the best draft so....
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 03:23:35 PM by Abagadro »

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 31, 2019, 03:25:56 PM

Yahoo gave me a C+ for my draft  awesome, for real Heartbreak
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #16 on: August 31, 2019, 06:40:51 PM

I set an alarm for the draft and still missed it.  That said, I'm pretty happy with the auto-draft apart from my QBs and the two kickers...

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
WayAbvPar

Reply #17 on: September 01, 2019, 11:20:48 AM

I had trouble with the interface and auto-drafted Davante Adams with my first pick, but ended up getting who I was trying to draft (Mahomes) coming back down. I doubt I would have gone with Adams if I had gotten Mahomes first, but oh well. I think I did reasonably well. My WRs are a bit dicey, but anyone outside of the top 25 or so are basically fungible; I can raid the waiver wire and play matchup games if necessary.

Grats to The Invalids, who get to play me week 11 when 457% of my team is on bye.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 09:54:04 AM by WayAbvPar »

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 01, 2019, 11:41:36 AM

My team is a bit odd.  Got Cam, not sure what I think about that.  Got Ezekiel Elliot, not sure what I think about that.  Got some nobody named Miles Peterson, whom Yahoo made fun of me for picking, only to find out that Philly then waved the bastards in front of him on the depth chart.  Etc.  The usual cast of Could Be Amazing, but Probably Not.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #19 on: September 02, 2019, 08:24:36 PM

Thanks to autodraft for filling out the second half of my roster with two QBs, two TEs and two defenses.  Especially for the Colts defense, steal of the draft right there!
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 03, 2019, 04:04:45 PM

Thanks to autodraft for filling out the second half of my roster with two QBs, two TEs and two defenses.  Especially for the Colts defense, steal of the draft right there!

This fills me with hope when I did my own draft and have no kicker and yahoo took the cowboys defence for me...  Heartbreak
Is there a limit to how many waiver wire pick ups you can make?  awesome, for real
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 06:36:44 AM

Looks like Autodraft figured out I live in Atlanta, so I got Matt Ryan and Austin Hooper.

Except I loathe the Falcons, buncha suckasses.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #22 on: September 04, 2019, 08:04:00 AM

Matt Ryan should still give you decent points. Wide receiver is going to be a whole bunch of guessing this season though.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 04, 2019, 08:42:27 AM

Looks like Autodraft figured out I live in Atlanta, so I got Matt Ryan and Austin Hooper.

Except I loathe the Falcons, buncha suckasses.

I can get onboard with loathing the suckass Falcons....but aren’t you a Cowboys fan?  If there was a Super Bowl for suckasses, they’d be the Patriots of that sumbitch  awesome, for real

Which of course puts me in the difficult situation of having to root for Ezekiel Elliot, since he is on my team and now signed.  I hate that ugly prick.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #24 on: September 04, 2019, 10:34:27 AM

I was born in Dallas and went for 10 years to games, it's sort of my ride or die team now (mostly because of not doing anything for 25 years.) I'm not converting to Arthur Blank's shit parade, though. The closest they've gotten ever to a title is 28-3.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 04, 2019, 10:45:29 AM

It was asked rhetorically, lol,  Everyone here knows you are a Cowboys fan.  You are not quietest group.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #26 on: September 04, 2019, 10:46:07 AM

It was asked rhetorically, lol,  Everyone here knows you are a Cowboys fan.  You are not quietest group.

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!  why so serious?

WayAbvPar

Reply #27 on: September 04, 2019, 06:38:01 PM

Matt Ryan is gonna go apeshit this year. The team might not be great, but his numbers should make him a top 5 FF QB.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #28 on: September 06, 2019, 06:31:07 AM

Matt Ryan is gonna go apeshit this year. The team might not be great, but his numbers should make him a top 5 FF QB.

That's if they can get this stupid Julio contract done.

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 06, 2019, 10:52:59 AM

I *really* like having my WR1 and RB1 in contract disputes.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 08, 2019, 08:03:15 PM

Woo my first win!

Go Brady  why so serious?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #31 on: September 09, 2019, 11:43:20 AM

That's if they can get this stupid Julio contract done.

They did. It didn't help.  why so serious?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #32 on: September 09, 2019, 08:29:29 PM

Holy shit, Deshaun Watson and that Will Lutz field goal just won me this matchup.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #33 on: September 15, 2019, 02:59:08 PM

37 points from a DEFENSE?Huh

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #34 on: September 15, 2019, 05:59:55 PM

To be fair, it WAS against the Dolphins, who clearly don't even have enough talent to compete against a goddamn FBS ranked team, much less the NFL.

Looks like I'll be squeaking out another win despite my wideouts shitting the bed and Deshaun Watson having a terrible game. Also, fuck me if Drew Brees is hurt for any significant time, because he's my backup and I'm pretty sure the waiver wire for QBs is slim ass pickings.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Football 2019  
Jump to: