Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:21:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Boys 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Boys  (Read 43751 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #70 on: September 14, 2020, 02:23:27 PM

I could see it making sense if it was something with a monthly subscription, but doesn't everyone just buy Prime yearly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: September 14, 2020, 10:43:07 PM

I just can't get into this season.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: September 14, 2020, 11:05:13 PM

I think I prefer it a bit to the first run. Seems less encumbered by origins.

But the incompetence of the main guys is still irritating.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: September 15, 2020, 07:31:47 AM

Yeah this is not as good as the first season...
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: September 15, 2020, 08:35:33 AM

It seems to be wandering.  They need a direction.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #75 on: September 15, 2020, 06:54:13 PM

I really don’t care about any of the romances or the Seven politics. There’s no plot.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: September 16, 2020, 08:40:39 AM

Really?

Stormfront competing with Gustavo Fring to take over the world with an army of ubermecnsch is not a plot?

It has issues but I hate the angsty bits less this season than last. I don't even hate the bits with Ryan as much I assumed I would.

Could do with fewer Deep scenes though.

It definitely seems more confident that it doesn't need to waste my time with slow motion death sequences. Which is nice.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #77 on: September 19, 2020, 12:17:28 AM

Episode 5 was great!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: September 19, 2020, 01:34:14 PM

I would have expected Homelander to be a little more freaked out at finding someone who was a match for him. Maybe it was a fear boner.

I am the .00000001428%
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #79 on: September 19, 2020, 09:24:48 PM

Nah. Finding someone that can potentially kick your ass is hot for some people.

Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: September 19, 2020, 10:01:21 PM

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: October 01, 2020, 08:27:42 PM

Episode 7 should have been called

-H.L. Mencken
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: October 02, 2020, 09:06:01 AM

Both Stormfront and Homelander were completely lost in that scene so it isn't them doing it.

I am the .00000001428%
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: October 02, 2020, 10:32:02 AM

Not homelander certainly, but Stormfront could be behind it. More likely Gustavo Fring. It could be the scientologists I guess given that the exploding heads lady was last seen on the loose, but I'm thinking they are a season 3 set up.

Edit : it has been pointed out to me that shockwave getting got might be a clue that it is the scientologists. As there is a natural space for A train back in the 7, though that could still be S3 set up.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 10:45:39 AM by eldaec »

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: October 07, 2020, 04:56:26 PM

Homelander and Stormfront not being targets has to be a clue.  Wouldn't they be targets #1 and 2 for pretty much everyone out there?  Maybe not the Scientology clones, but pretty much anyone else would start with them.

Liberty didn't seem to have Stormfront's powers (she did not fry the traffic stop guy).  My guess is that her involvement in the experiments was about copying the powers of other Supers and adding them to hers.  If so, she has a copy of the powers of the telekinetic Sup that escaped and used it without anyone knowing she had the power.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: October 08, 2020, 03:35:11 PM

The only reason they know its liberty is because someone literally recognized her face. She did not fry the traffic stop guy because she wanted to beat him.

I am the .00000001428%
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: October 08, 2020, 05:07:45 PM

The only reason they know its liberty is because someone literally recognized her face. She did not fry the traffic stop guy because she wanted to beat him.
There is no evidence of Liberty having electric powers, and usually someone with electric powers has something about their costume or name that evokes electricity.  That is the basis for my belief she didn't have the powers then, but does now. 

I could be wrong - I'm not basing the theory on much.  But we'll see.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: October 08, 2020, 08:16:22 PM

Or, you know ... that.

Nice.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: October 09, 2020, 10:16:54 AM

Fuck Fresca indeed.

I am the .00000001428%
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: October 09, 2020, 04:38:16 PM

Please tell me there are more episodes, because last night's kept me interested for every minute. Wheels within wheels well and truly.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: October 09, 2020, 04:41:01 PM

Please tell me there are more episodes, because last night's kept me interested for every minute. Wheels within wheels well and truly.

That was the end of season 2.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #91 on: October 09, 2020, 04:47:45 PM

And season 3 is apparently going to be a prequel season:

https://ew.com/tv/the-boys-season-3-jensen-ackles-soldier-boy-payback-explainer/

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: October 09, 2020, 05:50:00 PM

And season 3 is apparently going to be a prequel season:

https://ew.com/tv/the-boys-season-3-jensen-ackles-soldier-boy-payback-explainer/

--Dave
I think there will be flashbacks and maybe an episode set in the past - but the majority of it will continue the present day story.  It isn't going to be a true prequel. 

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: October 09, 2020, 06:04:44 PM

Watching Season 2 is like reading a fanfic of the Boys season 1. A lot of "and than" storytelling.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: October 10, 2020, 06:01:21 AM

Watching Season 2 is like reading a fanfic of the Boys season 1. A lot of "and than" storytelling.
So you're saying that the Season 2 continued the stories of Season 1?  It … continued the stories?  Cunts.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: October 10, 2020, 07:21:36 AM

I found season 2 far better than 1.

There was an actual story rather than a sequence of bad special effects shots.

I didn't care if there was a season 2. Wheras now a kind of hope thee is a season 3.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: October 10, 2020, 10:38:11 AM

So you're saying that the Season 2 continued the stories of Season 1?  It … continued the stories?  Cunts.

Hmm I'm things don't make a logical progression and is thrown at the audience for shock value.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: October 10, 2020, 02:52:12 PM

...Hmm I'm things don't make a logical progression and is thrown at the audience for shock value.
No, you're a lot of things, but you're not things don't make a logical progression and is thrown at anything for shock value. 

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: October 10, 2020, 03:11:05 PM

...Hmm I'm things don't make a logical progression and is thrown at the audience for shock value.
No, you're a lot of things, but you're not things don't make a logical progression and is thrown at anything for shock value. 

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: October 12, 2020, 02:52:08 PM

I do have to say, waiting 8 episodes for nazi thunder to get stomped out was kinda worth it.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: October 13, 2020, 11:26:29 PM

HOLD UP.

Hold.
The.
Fuck.
Up.

Bro, did you just say vanilla folder?

Vanilla fucking folder?

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: October 14, 2020, 12:21:26 AM

Vanilla....Manila

Manila....Vanilla

Let's call the whole thing off.

-H.L. Mencken
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #102 on: October 14, 2020, 02:19:54 PM

You know, I read that and didn't even process what he was trying to say.  I thought he was trying to say that it was a boring/cliche ("vanilla") plot device and was just phrasing it extremely awkwardly because he'd recently suffered some head trauma. 

The reality is WAY funnier though.   why so serious?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #103 on: October 14, 2020, 03:09:28 PM

And the whole thing is a Fallout prequel, apparently.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: October 14, 2020, 06:52:45 PM

What are you imagining her escape to have been?

The kid grew up believing he was in a normal neighborhood.  So we're talking about maybe something like a wall and some guards hidden away.  Cameras, too, obviously.  But this was not Supermax.

She showed a cigarette and lighter to a camera in the fourth episode and just drove off.  Butcher was able to sneak in with no trouble and with no knowledge of the situation while she spent years seeing the defenses in place.

Not exactly Fort Knox, especially when the real prisoner was the kid.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Boys  
Jump to: