Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:20:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: College Football 2019-20: We're all hoping it's not Clemson and Bama again 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: College Football 2019-20: We're all hoping it's not Clemson and Bama again  (Read 37672 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #70 on: December 03, 2019, 05:57:27 AM

Bama losing was good because it removes them entirely. Now it's basically up to UGA to see who gets in and who doesn't.  why so serious?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #71 on: December 07, 2019, 06:24:53 AM

Someone better go check on Abagadro. After that loss, I don't know if any Utah fans are not in some kind of self-inflicted stupor.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: December 07, 2019, 07:36:44 AM

Someone better go check on Abagadro. After that loss, I don't know if any Utah fans are not in some kind of self-inflicted stupor.

He was alive as of this morning and posting on discord.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #73 on: December 07, 2019, 07:43:32 AM

So Utah out and with it the PAC-12, that sorta sucks from a west coast perspective.

I guess it means Big12 game is a win and in game.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: December 07, 2019, 08:28:33 AM

So Utah out and with it the PAC-12, that sorta sucks from a west coast perspective.

I guess it means Big12 game is a win and in game.

Not if Georgia beats LSU. Hard to keep Georgia out if they win... which means LSU, Clemson, tOSU, and Georgia.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #75 on: December 07, 2019, 09:30:19 AM

LSU will not get in if everyone but them wins esp if its Oaklahoma that wins Big12. Bet it.

It would be The Ohio State University, Clemson, UGA and OU/Baylor.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #76 on: December 07, 2019, 09:38:53 PM

I'm alive. I just have a big sad.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #77 on: December 09, 2019, 10:12:22 AM

I also have a sad.

Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: December 09, 2019, 10:31:55 AM

I'm actually fairly excited to see tOSU and Clemson go at it. Tired of Clemson "feeling disrespected" when they haven't played a single great team yet. I'll give them credit once they beat tOSU, but until then, Dabo can go get bent.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #79 on: December 09, 2019, 04:18:48 PM

Man UGA got fucking shit on, non-contest I barely watched because it felt so over so quickly. That was a bit of a surprise. tOSU struggling a bit didn't shock me, coaches are scheming Chase Young more or something and it tends to be quite difficult to beat the same opponent twice also it was such a trap game.

That said I do think both playoff games might be interesting if OU can actually generate scores versus LSU and if tOSU is going to show up big and take it to Clemson like they did to Bama in the first playoff, I believe they have the talent so it'll come down to motivation/coaching/18-23 yr olds being in the right mindstate which is a big who the fuck knows. But its big advantage Clemson right now, they can legit play the "nobody believes in us" bullshit which I do think helps that whole mindstate thing a lot during these big layoff/practice/film stretches. Also they have been there before, they know the schedule/stakes etc.

-William Gibson
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #80 on: December 10, 2019, 06:10:44 AM

I can say with all confidence if you can't get to Joe Burrow, you lose. That kid is amazing to watch in person.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: December 14, 2019, 01:59:18 AM

Dude is legit Aaron Rodgers 2.0.  If a GM can get him surrounded by some OL talent and a couple of legit WR/TE outlets, he is super bowl bound in 3 years.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #82 on: December 14, 2019, 02:24:25 PM

Also Baylor can beat this version of Georgia. Our offense can't keep up in a shootout, and I expect our best RB not to play in the game.

Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: December 15, 2019, 05:23:14 AM

I can say with all confidence if you can't get to Joe Burrow, you lose. That kid is amazing to watch in person.

He cleaned up the awards this year and gave a pretty heartfelt Heisman speech. Really hope LSU can finish the year out for him. Be nice to tack on a National Championship to the list.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #84 on: December 16, 2019, 08:42:26 AM

They'll be favored. Ohio State is the wild card. I don't think Clemson is playing well enough to catch either team. Oklahoma is a joke this year but Georgia fucked up so they get their nod.

LSU is favored by 13 and rising. Alabama was a -14.5 over OU last year, and that was the biggest spread ever. But here we are. I'd still take LSU. Oklahoma in a shootout would be doomed.

Ohio State and Clemson better known as the "Who the fuck are these guys really?" Bowl. Clemson is favored by 2. That's the sucker play. Clemson hasn't played a ranked team this year, and Ohio State is still putting up better offensive numbers. I'd roll the dice with Ohio State and if Clemson wins, so be it. However, I'd bet on the known versus the unknown.

I expect LSU and Ohio State in the final. I want that final. It's what we all deserve.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #85 on: December 31, 2019, 07:34:27 PM

What the hell Utah?

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: December 31, 2019, 09:12:04 PM

No clue. These last two games have baffled me. Not the same team I watched all year.

-H.L. Mencken
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: January 01, 2020, 06:19:31 PM

I'm really proud of Minnesota this year.  Their best season in the past 20-30 years and they handled Auburn today in the Outback Bowl.  Hopefully they can build on this.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #88 on: January 02, 2020, 06:56:06 AM

I thought Minnesota played very well, and I'm happy they beat Auburn because screw them.

Georgia won against a bad Baylor team, and it looked relatively easy. Hopefully new year and new coaches will help the offense thrive.

Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: January 02, 2020, 09:28:35 AM

Also Baylor can beat this version of Georgia. Our offense can't keep up in a shootout, and I expect our best RB not to play in the game.

So much for Baylor and that big points offense. SEC was looking good until Auburn decided it no longer wanted to play big boy football. Good on MINN... hope they continue next year and actually win the West.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #90 on: January 02, 2020, 10:46:07 AM

Matt Rhule should have taken a job if there was one before the Georgia game.

Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: January 14, 2020, 02:19:58 AM

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #92 on: January 14, 2020, 08:52:45 AM

Scary team. Too much talent on offense and just good enough on defense. That receiving corp would probably perform well as a unit on any NFL team.

-Rasix
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: January 14, 2020, 08:57:23 AM

Wish I had the money and time to get down there for the parade on Saturday...

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: January 14, 2020, 06:54:59 PM

Easily one of the top college teams of the modern era.  Scary amount of talent.

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #95 on: January 16, 2020, 07:57:47 AM

Great job Tigers, won me $100 in Vegas that weekend.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: June 30, 2021, 07:05:29 PM

Re: the Supreme Court decision, did you all know that you would hate college football if the players made money? That's what the NCAA says, after all--nobody would watch if they thought the players were making money alongside everybody else (except the numerous Division I universities that actually lose money on the whole fucking thing).
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #97 on: June 30, 2021, 07:48:38 PM

Did anyone really think the NCAA was being an honest actor, ever?

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: July 04, 2021, 03:53:36 AM

There's a similar story here in Ireland where the GAA (Gaelic Athletic Association) prefers the people who play their sports to do it for the love of the game and pride for their county rather than, you know, get paid for busting their asses 24/7. Because, you know the GAA promotes Irish culture and Irish Pride and don't allow any foreign sports to abuse our national Sports parks... apart from letting Notre Dame have an American football match in our best sports pitch. becasue they call themselves the Fighting Irish. So thats ok. Thanks for the contribution of funds to the GAA and Gaelic Sports!

Hic sunt dracones.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #99 on: July 07, 2021, 05:52:41 AM

There was a guy I worked with for years, that for years after would come over and have beers and watch football on my big ol OG hdtv. He kept trying to get me into college ball, and would always say he preferred it for exactly that reason (the 'purity of the game').
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: College Football 2019-20: We're all hoping it's not Clemson and Bama again  
Jump to: