Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:16:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: gog.com sales 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: gog.com sales  (Read 2362 times)
Raguel
Terracotta Army

on: June 14, 2019, 01:29:54 PM

So apparently I've been living under a rock because I never heard of the Divinity series of games. Usually I just buy one game and play it to death so I guess I miss out on a bunch of titles.

Right now there's a 75+% sale for the older Divinity games. I think I'm going to get them plus King Arthur 1 and The  Witcher 1 and 2.

Has anyone played the King Arthur games? Reviews are all over the map. Apparently Paradox games have bugs.  why so serious?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 02:07:57 PM

The first King Arthur game?  I didn't even know there was a sequel.  I liked King Arthur quite a bit.  A lot of that probably has to do with me liking Roman Britain as a setting though.  It was janky but if you're looking for a blend of RPG and strategy then it should be a good match.  Think Total War with more role-playing/heroic elements, such as quests and heroic abilities activated in combat.

The Divinity series is also very good.  I haven't played the earliest ones since they came out in the early 2000s, but I loved them back then.  I remember them looking a lot like UO and early isometric mmos, but if that doesn't bother you, they're solid action rpgs.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 04:37:31 PM

Yeah I loved the BG series so I don't think it will bother me, especially since they were graphically enhanced from the original games.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 04:44:46 PM

Yeah I loved the BG series so I don't think it will bother me, especially since they were graphically enhanced from the original games.

Don't be fooled by the first 3 hours of Divine Divinity (first town + first dungeon). It's a gigantic (really, REALLY big), sprawling game, with good quests, good (albeit sometimes wacky) humor and dialogues. Loot/itemization is all over the place tho. IMO, it bends  a big too much toward warriors.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 08:22:33 PM

King Arthur RPG is fantastic, completely worth playing and better than most total war games, I'll say it.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 09:11:15 PM

I remember the biggest complaint about the King Arthur games being that after a certain point, bowmen were just insanely overpowered.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 09:29:48 PM

I spent more than I wanted but I think I did ok. Got 10 games (Divinity games pre OS, both KA games, Witcher 1+2, Icewind Dale 2 which I didn't know existed lol, and Tropico 5 ). Kinda wish the OS games were 75+% off as well but I think I have enough to keep me busy for awhile. I still haven't finished Majesty 2 yet.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 11:17:11 PM

I remember the biggest complaint about the King Arthur games being that after a certain point, bowmen were just insanely overpowered.
That's just the French bitching in the reviews.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 03:02:35 PM

Loved Divine Divinity, one of my favorites of all time. Divinity II was fun, but I'm not sure it's a good game (I ended up with over 70 hours but don't remember much about it).

Beyond Divinity never clicked for me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: gog.com sales  
Jump to: