Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:26:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Anyone Have/had Twitch Prime? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone Have/had Twitch Prime?  (Read 2383 times)
Raguel
Terracotta Army

on: May 30, 2019, 04:55:46 PM

So I'm only interested in this for the free games and someone on the Paradox fora told me Majesty 2 was a good game. I got Amazon Prime but I intend on canceling that asap. I was expecting a code I could redeem on Steam but they have their own app.

Anyone know if I can still play the games after canceling my sub?
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 05:58:40 AM

Most of the Twitch prime rewards are in the form of free items or codes that are used in games after linking with your Amazon subscription. I never claimed ones that required the app, because the webpage while logged in shows "Prime Loot" and has given me codes right on the website dropdown.

Having Prime and Twitch linked also gives you a single Twitch subscription to any channel, that you can change every month if you wish.. and the subscription to a twitch broadcaster not only helps them, but lets you watch ad free, use any broadcaster channel emotes, and also the subscriber perks for that channel (if any).

oh, and it does let you keep the app based games (and any rewards it gives on them) permanent, unless it says time limited or shows a set time that it's access for.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 06:01:36 AM by taolurker »

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 07:30:00 AM

I'm not sure you can play the Prime games that are Twitch app restricted if you cancel the Prime account. The non-Twitch app game rewards are permanent, though.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 07:54:03 AM

I've had Prime pretty much since it came out, and I have Twitch since they bought out Curse (my minecraft mod manager of necessity).

When Twitch Prime first came out, I was looking forward to it, since I already had the accounts. The utter meh and spamming of loot/skins/crap means I completely ignore it.
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 06:14:36 PM

I have twitch prime as I have had amazon prime for years. You can sub to an twitch provider for free to you but they get 3.50 per month. Again free to you. I agree the benefits you get are near useless. But being able to support content you like for free. I mean twitch prime costs nothing (if you have amazon prime) and the sub costs nothing to you but they get 3.50 per month. You don't want to spend amazons money for free well Ok then but I sure will to help content providers I like again at no cost to you.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 11:59:05 AM

Well I don't really care about twitch tbh. I only had it for Marvel Heroes as sometimes the devs played and spoiled some stuff. So everyone I knew is gone, so I only wanted prime for the games. I already have access to Amazon prime so I don't want to pay for it if I don't have to.

Really enjoying Majesty 2 btw.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 12:29:32 PM

According to this Reddit thread you keep any Twitch-account associated games you've claimed via Twitch Prime even after your Twitch Prime subscription ends:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/88x141/with_twitch_prime_how_long_do_we_get_to_keep_the/

I tried finding an official answer to this on Twitch's site but of course it's not in the FAQ or anywhere I could find.

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 06:03:40 PM by Trippy »
Job601
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 04:23:07 PM

You need to have the app to install them, but once you do they stay on your hard drive DRM free (as far as I can tell.)  You can uninstall the twitch app after you install the games and run them as normal.  I don't know if you can download them again if you don't still have a prime subscription, but I think you're adding them to a permanent library and I imagine that you can.  There's some dreck, but some of the monthly games have been really high quality (The Messenger, Her Story) and overall it's been a good value add.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 06:22:22 AM

Prime games and loot has been mostly games that were also available as part of the other game store incentive programmes (Playstation+, XBox Live Gold). Might be interesting if you haven't already gotten games like Dear Esther, Hotline Miami, Overcooked, Her Story, Downwell or similar games. The rest is mostly cosmetics/loot boxes for games like CoD or Warframe. It's very few exclusives though.

I'd say it is useful if you own and use Amazon Prime because there's always the chance to get a niche game you didn't already own for free and you also get a free subscription you can use on a Twitch channel of your choice. You can also keep the games even after you cancel.

They removed the 'ad free' Twitch experience from Twitch Prime, though, which was why I was mostly using it so it has become less valuable at least for me.

At least for me it offers not enough value on its own I mostly use it because it is included in my Amazon Prime subscription.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Anyone Have/had Twitch Prime?  
Jump to: