Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:32:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Dead Don't Die 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Dead Don't Die  (Read 7203 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

on: April 02, 2019, 10:32:21 AM

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 08:47:00 PM by schild »

I am the .00000001428%
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 12:46:56 PM

Nice hit list of names there...  and I'm always in for Chloe Sevigny.  Love Letters

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 12:51:38 PM

Holy shit.

I don't know if there has ever been this high of a concentration of things that I like in a single film.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 08:27:14 PM

Yeah. Day fucking one.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 01:43:45 AM

Ghouls.  awesome, for real

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 03:42:34 AM

That looks glorious.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 07:39:52 AM

I was actually left a bit flat by that trailer. It seemed like I'd already seen that movie, it was called Zombieland.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 09:08:19 AM

Well, that was my first thought as well.  My second thought was “...and that is a good thing”.  Bill Murray would be funny reading the phone book, and Adam Driver has this dry delivery that I find humorous.  I have literally only see him as Kylo Ren, but that includes the SNL version, which was fucking killer.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 10:13:35 AM

Driver is spectacularly talented.

Saw him a few nights ago on Broadway in Burn This, in an over-the-top role originated by John Malkovich. He was amazing. Keri Russell was no slouch either, though.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 11:08:42 AM

He is also excellent in another Jim Jarmusch movie from three years ago, Paterson.

This doesn't look much like Zombieland to me.  Zombieland was much more slapstick.  This looks like a standard deadpan Jim Jarmusch movie but with zombies.  Which is a thing I never knew I wanted but apparently really do.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 03:23:36 PM

I was actually left a bit flat by that trailer. It seemed like I'd already seen that movie, it was called Zombieland.

Only in that it is supposed to be funny.

It really just comes down to if you like Jim Jarmusch features or not. I do, but even I thought Dead Man ran a little long...
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 08:59:05 AM

This looks excellent and I was surprised by how funny Kylo Adam Driver seemed in that trailer.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 31, 2020, 07:25:47 AM

Arise.

Did no one get around to talking about this because its just so boringly bad?

I like a lot of Jarmunch movies, but this was not one of them.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 31, 2020, 12:40:28 PM

Did no one get around to talking about this because its just so boringly bad?
I didn't watch it solely because 3 different friends of mine whose opinions I respect all said it was one of the worst movies they'd ever seen on the subject (which is saying a lot for the living dead genre) and all told me not to watch it.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #14 on: July 31, 2020, 01:11:38 PM

I commented about it on Discord. It felt like meta-humor done by someone who just discovered the concept. Also the social commentary was essentially what Dawn of the Dead had already done a thousand times better decades earlier. The Dead Don’t Die beats the audience over the head with the consumerism metaphor, and then just to make sure you get it they spell it out at the end in a monologue.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #15 on: July 31, 2020, 10:14:45 PM

It was boring and trite.  I tried to forget it ever happened.  I haven't seen all of Jarmusch's pictures, but this is the only one I haven't liked/loved.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 01, 2020, 02:54:41 PM

This joined Suicide Squad and Sucker Punch on the podium for the winners of "movies carried entirely by their trailers".

I am the .00000001428%
schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: August 01, 2020, 06:35:27 PM

Even the trailer looked like shit.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #18 on: August 02, 2020, 06:20:47 AM

I watched it with my wife. It wasn't worth the $2 rental fee.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 02, 2020, 09:31:38 AM

What a goddamn waste.  Didn’t watch it, and obviously now not going to.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #20 on: August 02, 2020, 08:02:35 PM

Fell apart after the first 20 minutes.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Dead Don't Die  
Jump to: