Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:17:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2019 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2019  (Read 60875 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #210 on: November 15, 2019, 08:37:18 AM

Been the Browns M.O. all season. Undisciplined. Wouldn't shock me if he's out the rest of the season, but will be if it is more than that.

Garrett should absolutely not be allowed to play again this season. That was worse than some of the worst shit that Vonteze Burfict pulled in his time. Never mind concussions, that shit could have KILLED somebody. Rudolph probably should have been ejected too, IMO, for grabbing at Garrett's helmet first but overall, what he did was nothing compared to Garrett.

And yes, it's the biggest reason I think Freddie Kitchens has been an abject failure as head coach - they simply cannot stop committing penalties. 4 defensive penalties on one fucking drive? Without those penalties, the Steelers are shut out in that game. And one of those penalties was ALSO an ejection for a stupid helmet hit on a defenseless receiver that ended up with dude bleeding from the fucking head. The Browns have no excuses for being this bad other than their own sloppy ill-discipline.

EDIT: And to clarify further - Garrett should have been flagged for a late hit on the QB for throwing him to the ground. That started the bullshit. Rudolph then grabbed at Garrett's helmet and tried to rip it off - he should get a game suspension. THEN Garrett pulled Rudolph's hat off and slapped him with it - rest of the season. When Garrett got pulled down, Pouncey was kicking him about the head and neck like he was doing a curbstomping. That dude needs a few games suspension at least. And I think both teams ought to be fined for not controlling their fucking players.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 08:40:51 AM by HaemishM »

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #211 on: November 15, 2019, 08:42:41 AM

Good detective work Sky, I only saw just the one clip, not the whole sequence.  Still an giant dick move and I hope he at least gets to sit out the rest of the year, but yeah, it looks like Rudolph kinda had SOMETHING coming.
I was shocked, because it's totally out of character for Myles.

I hope they only suspend him for the rest of the regular season, so he can come back for the playoffs.

why so serious?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #212 on: November 15, 2019, 09:16:47 AM

greenshirtguy.gif

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #213 on: November 15, 2019, 09:51:46 AM

jimmora.gif

-Rasix
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #214 on: November 15, 2019, 10:56:27 AM

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28087446/browns-myles-garrett-suspended-indefinitely-steelers-maurkice-pouncey-gets-3-game-ban

Myles out indefinitely... which I think is ok for now. Gives the league an out and Myles to come back next season. If they hold him out longer... well that'll be it for me given all the other shit the league lets go.
Each team fined $250k...lulz.
Pouncey got 3 games. *shrug* That'll probably go down to 2 at the least.
Ogunjobi got a game for a push of Rudolph... wut?

Heard Rudolph got fined but can't find anything to back that...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #215 on: November 15, 2019, 11:29:52 AM

Ogunjobi did get ejected from the game, and Rudolph didn't have his helmet on at the time he got shoved by Ogunjobi, so I'm fine with a suspension for a game just because of Rudolph being vulnerable when he got shoved.

Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: November 15, 2019, 11:33:43 AM

I'll respectfully disagree. Myles was on an island out there and big boy Larry was just distracting bitches.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #217 on: November 15, 2019, 12:45:02 PM

I'll respectfully disagree. Myles was on an island out there and big boy Larry was just distracting bitches.  why so serious?

Oh I don't disagree with that about Myles Garrett - he only had about 300+ lbs of offensive lineman on top of him while Pouncey tried to play kickball with his (helmeted) head. I just think Larry was going after an easy target who also happened to not have a helmet and was apparently still stupid enough to be willing to stir some shit up even after he'd gotten clapped in the bean by some hard as hell plastic.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: November 15, 2019, 11:30:22 PM

Good detective work Sky, I only saw just the one clip, not the whole sequence.  Still an giant dick move and I hope he at least gets to sit out the rest of the year, but yeah, it looks like Rudolph kinda had SOMETHING coming.
I was shocked, because it's totally out of character for Myles.

I hope they only suspend him for the rest of the regular season, so he can come back for the playoffs.

why so serious?

It took me a couple of times before I spotted the joke.  But then again, in the AFC....there might just be a chance!

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: November 18, 2019, 02:38:40 PM

So Philly lost and Cowboys won, so I'm calmed down a bit. So I want to explain a bit more as to why Garrett is really pissing me off this season:
Tweet
Conversation
Jeff Cavanaugh
@JC1053
Cowboys on first down vs Detriot:

19 pass plays.  12-18 for 179 yards.  9.9 yards per attempt.  And one 9 yard Dak scramble.

13 runs for 43 yards.  3.3 yards per carry. 

They're getting there.
11:12 AM · Nov 18, 2019·Twitter Web App

Now you may say "well that's the Lions", but the facts are in just about every game this year the Cowboys get 8+ yds when passing on first down and less than 3.5 yds per carry running on first down. Guess which games the Cowboys passed on first down more than they ran? Guess which ones they ran more on first down than they passed? Garrett is such a fucking clown.

There's also a stat that shows that this year when they give the ball to Pollard like 7+ times a game Cowboys are undefeated. He's such a dynamic player it is criminal he isn't on the field more, especially since he can pretty much do anything Austin can.

Now sure it's possible the Cowboys still could have lost either of the games but it is indefensible to do the opposite of what's been winning games this year.

The Cowboys have an analytics team so they know this. Garrett is just so bull headed that he doesn't pay attention to them. I don't care if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl this year. He should be fired for his stubbornness and stupidity.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #220 on: November 20, 2019, 02:15:30 PM

You assume there isn't a mandate from JERRUH that says "we just paid Zeke a fuckton of money, he must get X carries per game." Because that's totally something both JERRUH would do and Garrett would go along with.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #221 on: November 20, 2019, 02:23:18 PM

I mean I hear you, but the Cowboys are like 4th in points and first in offensive yards. The offensive choices ain't the issue.

Let's talk about the defense for a second. They gave up 28 to the Vikings and lost, and they gave up 27 to the Lions and won because the offense went off. In the last 6 games the Cowboys defense has given up 34, 24, 10, 18, 28, and 27.

The two games in the middle? Easy wins. The games over 24 points? 1-3.

I feel fairly comfortable about Dallas scoring points, and with the exception of that ridiculous Saints game they will win every time they hold teams to 23 or less defensively.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: November 25, 2019, 07:29:11 AM

In further appeals in the Garrett/Rudolph incident, the Steelers have been penalized by way of Rudolph being forced to start all the remaining games this year.   why so serious?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #223 on: November 25, 2019, 09:07:36 AM

In further appeals in the Garrett/Rudolph incident, the Steelers have been penalized by way of Rudolph being forced to start all the remaining games this year.   why so serious?

Ummmmm - not so much. Apparently, Devlin Hodges might be starting after Rudolph got benched for sucking ass against the ass-sucking Bengals.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: November 25, 2019, 09:21:48 AM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #225 on: November 25, 2019, 09:23:00 AM

Bravo.  Rock Out

Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: November 25, 2019, 09:49:00 AM

If there is one small shiny piece to savor on the whole whack-a-rudolph situation, the Browns-Steelers rivalry is back. This weekend is going to be straight chaos dahntahn for any Clevelanders coming to the game.

I'm tempted to take the bus down and see, but really don't give two shits about the NFL any longer.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: November 26, 2019, 06:56:18 AM

When the old lady turned the game on last night, I told her it would likely be a heck of a game for the Ravens, since Jackson is clearly the MVP this year. She scoffs any time I say anything about a non-Patriot...then she spent the entire game with her jaw on the floor.

I feel quote of the year is 'Not bad for a running back'. Indeed.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #228 on: November 26, 2019, 12:52:27 PM

Every time I watch Lamar Jackson play, I yell "Not bad for a running back" when he makes a great pass. That dude is fun as hell to watch and I wish him all the success even though I hate the Ravens. He and Deshaun Watson have both been unfairly (and often with an implicit racial undertone about it) as "running QB's" and I love that they really aren't. They are both pass first guys who can beat the shit out of a team both with their arm and their ability to run. Both are doing better than the dual Great White Hopes of Jared Goff and Carson Wentz.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: November 26, 2019, 01:38:38 PM

They actually did a nice post-game piece on Lamar, after the game on ESPN. Talked about how upset he was with himself after the playoffs last year, and his inability to pass well. Went along with a team culture shift that, throughout the entire piece I was thinking 'uhh...that's the Belichik way!' Anyway, Lamar got very serious about improving his passing during the off-season and I think we see how that worked out. I imagine that storyline will be amplified now that more people are getting to see the show in action.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #230 on: November 27, 2019, 09:51:58 AM

Who the fuck are the Lions going to play at QB? Two of the 3 Thanksgiving NFL games look like complete disasters.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #231 on: November 27, 2019, 06:18:19 PM

Apparently something named a Blough?

I mean, it won't matter because they'll likely lose no matter who is back there to get sacked by the Bears D line. The Lions are just terrible and Matt Patricia is proving again the universal maxim that all fruit from the Belichek coaching tree is rotten straight off the vine. The Falcons/Saints game should be terrible but then the Falcons beat the shit out of them last time so who knows? I'm looking forward to the Cowboys/Bills game though - it's certainly the best matchup of the day.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #232 on: November 28, 2019, 07:04:15 AM

I'm not sure, the Bears aren't good either. Looking at Blough he was actually amazing at Purdue and they have zero film on him, maybe they get an upset?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: December 09, 2019, 07:21:44 AM

While it was tough watching the Pats lose to the Ravens, at least they actually lost to the Ravens. By my calculations, the Ref Team came in second behind the Chiefs, edging out the Pats by a couple points.

I feel the refs in general had fixed the early season issues with blowing fumbles dead...but nope, forget about that scoop-n-score. And Belichick had to use his red flag to clean up a couple bad calls (one of which they didn't overturn despite clearly spotting the ball on the 40 for a 1st when it didn't even make the 39 on replay), so when the refs forgot to give the Pats Harry's TD, they couldn't challenege it and it kept 6 off the board...again. And of course bad PI calls.

What a shit show. The officiating clearly needs to be put in check. I thought that might happen after the Saints debacle in the playoffs, but their clear refusal to overturn PI challenges shows how brazenly they're flouting any attempt at oversight. Hell, the NE special teams coach's comment about the officiating is that he didn't want to be fined for commenting on it.

Anyway, it ruins the game. It was a tough one for the Pats, and they're certainly having issues. But I feel they actually won it, not because I'm a blind fanboy, but because there were at least two (and likely 3, given a late game PI no-call) scores that were blocked by the refs. Frustrating and even moreso that apparently nothing can be done to keep these refs in check.

I say at this point, put a chip in the ball and have all calls made from the NY office. At the very least the refs need to be accountable for this mistakes, and punished if they flout that accountability (as they are now).

My favorite part of the game was Belichick taking a time out JUST TO CHEW OUT A REF.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #234 on: December 09, 2019, 07:27:13 AM

NFL officiating has been poor across most games I've watched this year. It makes me think they have too much to watch for now and too many rules.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #235 on: December 09, 2019, 07:33:11 AM

The rulebook for the NFL is utter shit right now, and the refs are either terrible at their jobs or have their hands tied by some shitty rules and rules interpretations. They CLEARLY missed that Harry TD/non-TD, which is really what cost the Pats the game. I don't actually fault them on the fumble they didn't call - I thought in live time that Kelce was down by contact and THEN the ball popped out. That replay on the spot was just fucked - the spot was generous as hell. Maybe the refs were just being pissy because Belicheck tried to get them to review the non-PI pick as well but yeah, they got that whole thing wrong.

But fuck Brady and the Pats.  why so serious?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: December 09, 2019, 08:55:56 AM

Speaking of the Harry non-TD, it also cost the Pats a delay of game penalty because the offense had left the field (because everyone thought he had scored) and the refs left the playclock running.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: December 10, 2019, 04:22:20 AM

One of the un-written cardinal rules in the NFL is that no penalty that goes against the Pats is a bad penalty.  This is written write next to the previous unwritten rule I mentioned weeks back, the one where Clay Matthews deserves all penalties that go against him.

In doubt, are you?  Here comes Spygate 2.0, with the Pats now accused of filming the goddamn Bengals illegally.  Because of course.  The counter argument of Why Would They Film The 1 and 12 Bengals does not work.  I mean, why is Rudy Guiliani doing crime in Ukraine while his boss stands accused of criming in Ukraine?  Because that's what he does.  The Pats are the Trump Admin of the NFL in that regard (although massively better at it, no doubt).  Filming the Bengals is fucking exactly what they would do.

I am mostly just stirring shit, obviously.  I don't know the details, and frankly don't care much.  Not even a big deal.  But fuck those guys.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 04:23:58 AM by Cyrrex »

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: December 10, 2019, 06:11:37 AM

JFC dude
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #239 on: December 10, 2019, 06:20:52 AM

Thansk for nothing Giants. Signed, all Cowboys fans.

Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: December 10, 2019, 06:31:18 AM

Bad penalties are hurting the game, regardless of who they negatively effect. I don't give a shit if it goes against the Pats or the Steelers or any of the other fuckstupid teams I hate. I wanted the Rams to get in last year, but that missed penalty ruined the game.

As for the Pats... I'm very curious what is going to come of this latest -gate. Anything to distract from the constant dumpster fire happening on the shores of Lake Erie.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: December 10, 2019, 11:39:15 AM

Honestly, it sounds like it was just some third party who didn’t know better and was filming from a press box or something.  Still, would be fun if it turned out to be the thing to bring those fuckers down  awesome, for real

Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: December 10, 2019, 12:11:38 PM

Honestly, it sounds like it was just some third party who didn’t know better and was filming from a press box or something.  Still, would be fun if it turned out to be the thing to bring those fuckers down  awesome, for real

In no way am I buying Bill 'the overlord' Belichick didn't know this was going on. If the NFL wants to bury this, fine... but let's not be stupid about placing responsibility.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: December 10, 2019, 09:58:53 PM

Hence my earlier rant.  Because it is exactly the kind of thing he would do.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #244 on: December 11, 2019, 04:52:12 AM

The story they gave is literally one of the cover stories that their illegal film crews were given to use previously.

Goodell literally destroyed the spygate evidence.

Nothing bad or unfair can happen to the Pats from now until the end of time that isn't 10,000% deserved. Fuck that franchise and its ownership and its fans.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2019  
Jump to: