Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:39:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2019 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2019  (Read 60872 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #175 on: October 22, 2019, 09:22:32 AM

That Pats/Jets game should not have been on public access TV, much less the big stage of Monday night.
At least we got some spicy Buffalo All-Americans trivia from it!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: October 28, 2019, 07:29:58 AM

I guess the Browns forgot Chubb was on the roster in the 2nd half.  Ohhhhh, I see.

I e njoy win/win games, when I like both teams. I did take a few punches from the old lady, notably on a Garrett sack.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #177 on: October 28, 2019, 09:01:01 AM

God that Browns game was horrible. I think it's become painfully clear that whatever positives the relationship Kitchens had with Mayfield do not outweigh his inability to get this team to be disciplined. Three straight plays with turnovers, costly and stupid penalties - the team is just much worse than it should be based on the talent level. Chubb, OBJ and Landry are all Pro Bowl caliber players but their line sucks. Mayfield just goes into full on vapor lock the minute he's pressured and so far, it shows no signs of improving. New England's defense has been lights out and I'm hoping that's been more of a function of their shitty easy schedule as opposed to them just being world class.

The Packers/Chiefs game was much better than I expected seeing as how Mahomes wasn't playing. Matt Moore did really good in his absence but he's no Pat Mahomes. The Chiefs defense was much better than it's been earlier in the year and that's despite losing 3 starters. Their front 7 seems to be decent at pass rush even without Chris Jones. Their defensive backfield and linebacking corp though are not good at pass defense. That they never figured out how to cover running backs coming out for pass routes was the reason for the loss. Also, I'll keep saying it because it's true, Aaron Jones is an absolute superstar if they just keep feeding him the ball.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #178 on: October 28, 2019, 09:29:46 AM

While Mayfield has been shit this year, this game was not as bad as he has been. Not where he should be of course, but other than an ill-advised shovel pass, he was matching Brady's stat line. That and he didn't look spooked as much as he has been or as Darnold looked last week.

But seriously... can we get someone other than Freddie. We were all hoping he'd be the new edgy insane-enough-to-work guy, but he's turning out to be the spaz kid playing Madden.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: October 28, 2019, 11:19:47 AM

I think there's a lot of work the Browns organization needs, from top down. And by top I mean ownership, I credit Bob Kraft with a lot of the Patriots culture. You need everyone on board, and it feels like the players are ready to be in that kind of environment but it's not there. The botched 4th down "i meant it, really" penalty was just dumb. I agree Mayfield was looking decent overall, if they had remembered Chubb was on the team, they had a chance to lose more respectably. And the first Chubb fumble was pure fluke. Just Browns luck in the 1st quarter.

Any bets on Josh McDaniels coaching the Browns next year?  why so serious?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #180 on: November 07, 2019, 09:06:41 PM

That Pats/Jets game should not have been on public access TV, much less the big stage of Monday night.

Yeah, fuck that.

I've got a goddamn luxury box at Met Life and I couldn't even give seats away for that shit. Hell, I didn't even go and I'm a lifelong Jets fan. This shit is worse than Kotite.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #181 on: November 08, 2019, 07:38:43 AM

I'm not sure what any Jets fans (or the Jets hierarchy) expected when they hired Gase. He showed no aptitude for improving QB's when he had Tannehill in Miami - and Tannehill has actually improved on THE TITANS for fuck's sake. Gase is a bug-eyed obsessive compulsive who thinks that more hours in the film room means he's a more dedicated coach. I'm not saying the Jets should have been good (after all, having your starting QB go down with mono, followed by your terrible backup going down in the first half of his first game starting then having to start your 3rd string rookie QB against teams like New England isn't a winning formula for anyone), but with Leveon Bell and a middling defense, they should have been better than this.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: November 08, 2019, 08:10:17 AM

Yeah, fuck that.

I've got a goddamn luxury box at Met Life and I couldn't even give seats away for that shit. Hell, I didn't even go and I'm a lifelong Jets fan. This shit is worse than Kotite.
Hell, give us enough lead time to get a couple days off and find a place to stay and we'll go watch the Pats blow people out there :D

The old lady LOVES watching the Pats blow people out. She's a mean girl. I found this out too late.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #183 on: November 08, 2019, 08:18:06 AM

Who exactly would interview Freddie Kitchens and think "this chucklefuck should run my team!"? Complete wasted year for a team with actual talent.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #184 on: November 08, 2019, 08:37:06 AM

Who exactly would interview Freddie Kitchens and think "this chucklefuck should run my team!"? Complete wasted year for a team with actual talent.

The Browns.  why so serious?

Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: November 08, 2019, 08:49:43 AM

The Browns.  why so serious?

Who the hell else would want to coach this team other than a high school strength coach that also teaches Algebra? It is my personal belief this was some kind of hail mary to find a diamond in the rough coach. They took the chance, it  failed, and now they are doubling down on it every game... because every game he does some outrageous dumb shit that only Lloyd and Harry would come up with.

Bottom line, Freddie Kitchens is a "watch this, hold my beer" coach.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: November 08, 2019, 11:28:29 AM

We're all about the Meadowlands Cats now, tbh.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #187 on: November 09, 2019, 05:51:28 PM

Yeah, as much as I like you guys, I wouldn’t piss on a pats fan if they were on fire.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: November 10, 2019, 04:24:37 AM

Yeah, that.  I am looking forward to the day when Brady retires and they just become a regular team who has to wait until the month of December to win their division like is fair and proper

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: November 10, 2019, 08:06:06 AM

Belichick is who you have to worry about.  When Brady leaves he will find another QB and make him work in his system.  He always does.

A football genius if there ever was one.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: November 10, 2019, 08:12:53 AM

While I agree with that, he will not have as easy a time of it without Tom Brady. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: November 10, 2019, 08:57:11 PM

Is it against the forum rules to write a sentence with the phrases "2nd amendment" and "Garrett" in the same sentence? Because I'd hate to break the rules.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #192 on: November 10, 2019, 09:06:02 PM

As long as it doesn't get the Secret Service involved it's fine.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: November 10, 2019, 09:56:14 PM

It's fine. I really want to rant but I know when I'm this angry the only thing that comes out is incoherent jibberish. I'm just gonna watch De Niro's rant in The Untouchables on loop and mentally replace "Eliot Ness" for "Jason Garrett".
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: November 11, 2019, 08:15:28 AM

why so serious? this guy looks legit DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Yeah, as much as I like you guys, I wouldn’t piss on a pats fan if they were on fire.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #195 on: November 11, 2019, 02:10:00 PM

It's pretty clear that the Cowboys have the talent to contend for a Super Bowl, but they will never win one with Jason Garrett as coach.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #196 on: November 12, 2019, 10:05:05 AM

It's pretty clear that the Cowboys have the talent to contend for a Super Bowl, but they will never win one with Jason Garrett as coach.

We already knew that.  Ohhhhh, I see.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: November 12, 2019, 10:34:03 AM

It’s just the football gods paying them back for having Jerry Jones as an owner.  Okay probably not, but fuck that guy.

Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: November 12, 2019, 11:46:20 AM

We considering a gift here in Minnesota that they decided to stop shredding our pass defense and run instead.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #199 on: November 15, 2019, 02:06:11 AM

why so serious? this guy looks legit DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
As somebody who doesn't follow or give the slightest shit about football, I love it when the Pats win because it seems to piss everybody off.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: November 15, 2019, 02:14:53 AM

Meanwhile, in Cleveland....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PMHlURlxus

I mean, why, dude?

Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: November 15, 2019, 03:50:41 AM

Been the Browns M.O. all season. Undisciplined. Wouldn't shock me if he's out the rest of the season, but will be if it is more than that.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: November 15, 2019, 05:30:03 AM

Not trying to be hyperbolic, but that dude will be lucky if the police are not getting involved.  That's about like swing a bat at someone.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #203 on: November 15, 2019, 05:53:07 AM

And yet the Browns beat the Steelers.
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: November 15, 2019, 06:06:28 AM

Not trying to be hyperbolic, but that dude will be lucky if the police are not getting involved.  That's about like swing a bat at someone.

Pretty sure that won't happen. Rare occurrence when police get involved with player on player conflict.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: November 15, 2019, 06:32:44 AM

First off, hitting a dude with a helmet is completely unacceptable.

That said, Rudolph tried to pull Garrett's helmet off first. Garrett responded by pulling off Rudolph's. I don't have a problem with that. Garrett backed off after that.

Then Rudolph went lunging and swinging at Garrett as Garrett was backing away while a Steeler held him, so he only had the arm holding the helmet free. The other option was to let the Steeler hold him while Mason got in some cheap shots to the head. I can't say I would have reacted any differently in that situation, tbh.

As I said, it's not acceptable, but it's understandable. It was a bad reaction, but it was completely provoked by Rudolph and I hope that doesn't get glossed over. I hope Rudolph gets penalized for starting (and continuing) the fight

All that said, they definitely need to clean up the helmet-to-helmet stuff. The hits that took Smith-Schuster out were the real problem in that game.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: November 15, 2019, 06:48:24 AM

Talking about it with the old lady, she noticed something I missed. In between Rudolph trying to rip off Garrett's helmet and Garrett taking off Rudolph's...Rudolph kicked him hard in the nuts.

Fuck Rudolph. He was asking for it. Doesn't make it right, but unfortunately the guy instigating the entire incident will walk away scot-free.  He had a tantrum because he threw 4 picks and was smothered all night, and he'll get away with it while everyone is going nuts on Myles.

And that's without even getting into Pouncey's absolute bullshit.
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: November 15, 2019, 07:19:00 AM

Well I am hopeful the league will cover all of this instead of relying on the internet lynch mobs and hit squads. Myles fucked up and should be out for the rest of the season and I doubt it will get a successful appeal given how egregious this was. But I also don't believe this was a Suh-type assault. Myles has no history of this... he plays mean, but mostly inbounds with the rules (late hits on the QB notwithstanding).

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #208 on: November 15, 2019, 07:45:50 AM

I think it was less of an intentional kick to the nuts and more trying to get Garrett off him. Rudolph and 65Browns need a game off to think about this and Garrett needs the season. There was a Steeler kicking someone on the ground, that person needs a couple games off too.

A shit end to a shit game.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: November 15, 2019, 08:09:12 AM

Good detective work Sky, I only saw just the one clip, not the whole sequence.  Still an giant dick move and I hope he at least gets to sit out the rest of the year, but yeah, it looks like Rudolph kinda had SOMETHING coming.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2019  
Jump to: