Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:14:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2019 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2019  (Read 61468 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: September 20, 2019, 10:23:15 AM

I'm ready for Danny Dimes.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #106 on: September 20, 2019, 11:46:22 AM

It's Josh Rosen Time in Miami.

Not sure why they bothered with Ryan Fitzpatrick in the first place as anything other than a backup. We all know he's a turnover machine who will pull out the occasional "Magic" performance that wins a game or two. Miami doesn't need to win games right now, they are in full tank mode. Starting Rosen from the beginning should have been their plan but I guess they didn't let their coach in on the plan.

Full tank mode is fine, but when you get rid of a good young left tackle? Just means you are going to have to draft a... umm, good young left tackle earlier than you expect because a QB without a good LT is going to suffer and you'll be drafting again and again... unless of course you are the Browns.

Speaking of that, holy fuck Joe Thomas looks completely different on NFL network. I loved/love the guy and he is great as a talking head, but Jesus he looks tiny now - at first glance I thought it was Hasselbeck. Saw him sitting next to Michael Irvin and though Michael looked more massive.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #107 on: September 20, 2019, 12:02:10 PM

Full tank mode is fine, but when you get rid of a good young left tackle? Just means you are going to have to draft a... umm, good young left tackle earlier than you expect because a QB without a good LT is going to suffer and you'll be drafting again and again... unless of course you are the Browns.

To quote the 76'ers - "Trust the process."  why so serious?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #108 on: September 20, 2019, 02:06:05 PM

Antonio Brown Cut By the Patriots
BWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: September 20, 2019, 02:45:06 PM

Antonio Brown Cut By the Patriots
BWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

I assume Bill got tired of having his pressers answering about AB.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: September 21, 2019, 12:09:33 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Fuck that guy  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Even if the allegations are false, fuck that guy.

If they’re true, he can rot for all I care.

Sadly, it will likely just amount to him hovering around a bit before that one team who doesn’t mind having criminals, rapists and other domestic abusers on their team offers him a big contract anyway.  I am, of course, talking about Dallas.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #111 on: September 21, 2019, 05:44:38 AM

Ohhhhh, I see.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: September 21, 2019, 07:55:44 AM

Hehe.  I notice you don’t deny that it wouldn’t happen.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #113 on: September 21, 2019, 09:15:53 AM

Well, it won't be the Raiders, so yes, it will probably be either Dallas, KC or Cincy. My guess is that the league goes ahead and gives him a 2-4 game suspension, and once that's done, he gets signed by one of those teams. Hell, I wouldn't put it past New England to just re-sign him for less money saying "Well, the league handed down his punishment so nothing to see here. SUPER BOWL!"

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: September 21, 2019, 07:54:53 PM

AB isn't a pass rusher so I wouldn't expect him in Dallas any time soon. Now if Cooper Gallup and Devin Smith are all out then who knows.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #115 on: September 23, 2019, 06:16:08 AM

Don't forget the Redskins are currently rostering Adrian Peterson and totally suck.  He could easily end up in DC if he doesn't follow through with his "never playing in the NFL again" tweet.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #116 on: September 23, 2019, 07:50:50 AM

Man, AB is trying real goddamn hard to make sure he doesn't play again. Nobody has signed him yet because the league office told them that he could be suspended at anytime. I guarantee once there's more clarity on that and on how many games are involved, one of those shitty teams will at least try to sign him, if he still wants to play.

I actually watched some of the Dolphins' game, just to see if Josh Rosen is as bad as his record and stats indicate. He actually is a decent QB. He still has accuracy issues but it's pretty clear he was one of the better players on a really bad fucking team. Kenyon Drake (his RB) is butt. Davante Parker (his #1 wideout) has bricks for hands but does have some potential if he can ever get his drops fixed. Preston Williams may actually be a decent wideout as well, probably better than Parker - he just needs seasoning. The O line is total shit. They managed to block a weak Cowboys pass rush early but by the 3rd quarter, they were barely an inconvenience. Also, their OC and/or HC are both crappy. Twice the Dolphins got 1st and goal to go and decide to just keep running Drake up the middle. On the first opportunity, the Fins just ran Drake up the middle 3 fucking times - with 3rd and goal from the 2 or 3 yard line, rather than put the ball in your QB's hands (who has done well, mind you), they ran it and got stuffed. Then near the end of the first half, less than 1 minute left and inside the 10, two straight runs. Drake coughs up the ball and Miami didn't really ever threaten much after that. If you won't trust your QB in those situations, I don't know what to tell you - it was clear that Drake isn't a good enough player to hang your hat on there. It's the Dolphins so I'm sure they'll bungle any positives they might have going forward.

The Seahawks lost because their special teams are shit, and Carson apparently cannot find a pair of cleats that don't make him slip in the rain every time a hole opens.

The Rams have problems despite being 3-0. They can't run outside the tackles. Gurley looks busted and isn't involved in the passing game at all. The interior of the O line is injured and shit. And Goff just doesn't seem able to handle the adjustments needed to make that work. Luckily for them, their defense is really good. For the Browns, their biggest problem is their O line as well. It doesn't even have the good tackles that the Rams do. Mayfield apparently cannot throw the ball when he has more than 2 seconds to think about it, and his instincts for where to scramble are terrible. If he didn't have such a cannon for an arm, he'd be bad, but luckily his physical attributes are good enough that he can learn to fix his problems. Whether he will before this line gets him killed is another story.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #117 on: September 23, 2019, 12:37:00 PM

Until you get the offensive line right, don't bother building any team anywhere.

I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to enjoy watching the Bills play this weekend.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: September 23, 2019, 03:16:14 PM

Danny fucking Dimes.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #119 on: September 24, 2019, 07:00:35 AM

Falcons almost set a franchise record for penalties with 16 in one game. They lost of course to a backup QB in Indy. Oh and Dan Quinn is going to have refs are practice to help with penalties  why so serious?

It's been 70 games of Dan Quinn and I'm now convinced his coaching staff is a joke. The defense he's running is so vanilla it even got called out by the broadcasting team at halftime. And he's a DC background guy! From Seattle!

The only time the Falcons were remotely good is when they had so much offensive talent they could overcome their obvious fuckups every game. Until they couldn't. In the fucking Super Bowl.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #120 on: September 27, 2019, 10:14:02 AM

The Packers much-hyped defense is a fraud. Oh their defensive backfield is decent but they cannot fucking stop the run to save their lives, even when they know it's coming. Also, Matt LeFleur's playcalling inside the 10 yard line sucks monkey balls. 4 straight incompletions from the fucking 1-yard line, without ever even trying a run with Aaron Jones. Jones is a really good back who can make some plays happen, even sometimes when his line is shit (narrator: his line was shit last night). Shall we let him try to Beast Mode in for 1-yard just fucking once considering Jimmy Graham is mostly shit now and our #1 receiver is on the bench with a fucked up foot? NOPE. Then, with less than 30 seconds left, they are down inside the 10 again and credit to them, they did try to run it once from the 8 and got a good gain. Then it was "Seattle throwing at the 1-yard line to New England in the Super Bowl better throw a slant interception!" Rodgers tries to force it to a man who was double-covered and the game is fucking over.

So far, LeFleur has not impressed me. Yes, it's 4 games in but the only thing he seems to have learned from Sean McVey is nothing.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: September 27, 2019, 10:22:41 AM

yeah that didn't look anything like what I've seen of the Rams, especially when Adams wasn't in. The GB receivers corp doesn't look all that threatening outside of Adams.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #122 on: September 27, 2019, 10:56:01 AM

Just let Rodgers coach the offense, he hates everyone else the Packers have tried to give him to coach.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #123 on: September 27, 2019, 11:02:59 AM

There are some ok receivers outside of Adams but they are mostly young and inexperienced. Hell, Adams was utter shit with brick hands his first 2 1/2 seasons in the league, so it'll take time for those guys to gel. Aaron Jones, though, is a stud RB, or at least he could be if any fucking coach actually gave him the touches he deserves.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: September 30, 2019, 07:40:52 AM

Well, that was an ugly Sunday.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: September 30, 2019, 08:50:24 AM

In Minnesota we had hopes of a playoff season for the Vikings.  But it looks like both Cousins and the defense have both regressed.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: September 30, 2019, 08:53:00 AM

Yeah, sorry for that.  Cousins is my fantasy QB, so that explains your dashed playoff hopes.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #127 on: September 30, 2019, 08:53:45 AM

Dallas got destroyed up front by the Saints, but the defense looked great. Losing that one on the road in NOLA doesn't make me feel as bad as if we'd lost it at home. I love what the defense is doing, the offense just needs to stop having weird off days of fumbling and dropping easy passes.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: September 30, 2019, 09:27:56 AM

I want to say it was a great day for defenses, but even there it was a mess more often than not.

Just happy the Browns fed Jackson's "I'm not a RB" phobia  why so serious?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #129 on: September 30, 2019, 09:32:40 AM

I watched the Lions/Chiefs game and it was a good game. The Lions seem to have finally found a RB in Kerryon Johnson, but of course, they will be undone by the fact that their OC is Darrell Bevell. Still, if their defensive backfield had not been a staggering MASH unit, they might have won this game. Patrick Mahomes is both human and amazing but I fear he's going to get punched in the balls again by having a defense that is just short of putrid. Chris Jones is a monster but I'm not sure there's one other good defensive player on this team. The Chiefs don't even need Tyreek Hill.

It's hard watching the Saints with Teddy Bridgewater at QB. His baby arm clearly can't make throws past 15 yards and their offense is adapted to that weakness. They are going to have to win ugly until Brees gets back.

Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: September 30, 2019, 09:46:51 AM

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-vontaze-burfict-suspended-for-remainder-of-2019-season-following-illegal-hit-in-week-4-versus-colts/

Burfict suspended for the rest of the season... as of now. I wouldn't be shocked if his appeal fails and the NFLPA collectively tells him to go fuck himself.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #131 on: September 30, 2019, 10:02:45 AM

That's one brain that will be lots of fun to study. He's the living avatar of CTE.

Or he's just incredibly stupid. Or both.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #132 on: September 30, 2019, 11:50:57 AM

Burfict is a dirty hitting piece of shit who should never have been allowed to wear an NFL uniform again after that hit on Antonio Brown a few years ago.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: October 01, 2019, 07:28:42 AM

Burfict is a dirty hitting piece of shit who should never have been allowed to wear an NFL uniform again after that hit on Antonio Brown a few years ago.

Maybe he knew something we didnt...amirite?  why so serious?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #134 on: October 01, 2019, 08:18:02 AM

I don't know if it's within the rules of the league to suspend a guy for a whole season over that hit. We'll see, I suppose.

However, as a fan even if I agree that Burfict is a shithead and deserves it, I don't like that as a precedent where the league can decide you're too dirty to the play the game off of one play. Especially since other players aren't getting suspended for the same hits.

Derek Barnett just came up and smashed the GB running back in the head as he was being held up and moved backwards by his team, and the RB was carted off. Yet...game is tough I guess?

However, if a guy takes a knee, isn't touched, and gets back up and you smash him? Gone for the year.

Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: October 01, 2019, 10:20:43 AM

I don't know if it's within the rules of the league to suspend a guy for a whole season over that hit. We'll see, I suppose.

However, as a fan even if I agree that Burfict is a shithead and deserves it, I don't like that as a precedent where the league can decide you're too dirty to the play the game off of one play. Especially since other players aren't getting suspended for the same hits.

Derek Barnett just came up and smashed the GB running back in the head as he was being held up and moved backwards by his team, and the RB was carted off. Yet...game is tough I guess?

However, if a guy takes a knee, isn't touched, and gets back up and you smash him? Gone for the year.

I don't think it would set a precedent since Burfict is a repeat shitbag. He's done this consistently.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: October 01, 2019, 10:41:54 AM

He is o the short list of dirtiest players in NFL history, so yeah, it is not like it is a one off.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #137 on: October 01, 2019, 10:45:43 AM

He was dirty in college as well. I think a full quarter of Arizona's offensive yardage in the rivalry game was Burfict getting 15 yarders left and right.

Paelos, come on. That hit was dirty as fuck and one of the more egregious headshots I've seen in a long time.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: October 01, 2019, 11:47:43 AM

Established pattern of behavior.

It's why you can blow .01 over the legal limit of BAC and have your licensed revoked...if it's happened enough times.

Also, you know he'll do it again next year. Shitty people can't help it, it's why they're shitty people. I mean, Shazier had a rule specifically made because of how he was playing and almost killed himself doing it in a game. That's Darwin level shitty.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #139 on: October 02, 2019, 07:39:01 AM

Burfict has been suspended many times for hits just like this one - I think he's missed at least 2-3 games every season for the last 3 at least. They aren't punishing him for one hit, they are punishing him for repeated bad behavior that he has shown no willingness to clean up.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2019  
Jump to: