Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:58:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Europe and CoH 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Europe and CoH  (Read 5905 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: April 14, 2004, 01:01:50 AM

Can someone confirm whether CoH will accept a credit card from outside North America. The official boards are full contradictory nonsense on the subject (quel surprise).

Thinking of having it shipped - but I have no wish to go through the fiasco of 'North American credit cards only' once again.

(I say all this assuming there is no UK launch date announced)

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 03:21:04 AM

I can't confirm or deny.  Their system is that you create a master PlayNC account and then you link games to it.  I was able to successfully create a PlayNC account using my home address in France, and then register a pre-order CD-KEY I bought on eBay, but since that's still officially a 'beta service', I haven't been asked to enter any credit card information yet.
Glamdring
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 04:55:28 AM

Try to see if you will be able to sign up for Lineage 2 or not.  I'd say if you can sign up for it then you'll be able to sign up for CoH.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 06:56:43 AM

One of the mods on the non-beta forum basically said that if you can get someone to ship the game to you, you can play it.  But she should have been full of shit.

I forget her name, but started with an A.... was the one posting all of the pre-order invites...
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 07:16:33 AM

I am 95% certain a european credit card will work.  The reason Shadowbane would only take North American cards was because they had already sold exclusive licenses for Europe and Asia to other companies and they were bound not to poach overseas subscribers from their licensees.  Since we've heard nothing like that about CoH, there's no reason to suspect that they'll be turning anyone away (unless your credit card is on a Russian bank, in which case it might as well be carved out of wood these days).
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 07:26:43 AM

Aura's the community director, so her word is usually pretty good.

Afaik (and hope) you can play CoH from outside of NA - the problem is getting a copy since I don't think distribution is occuring outside of the US.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 10:47:59 AM

Quote from: Alluvian
But she should have been full of shit.

This just strikes me as funny, and strangely appropriate.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 11:34:45 AM

Interesting freudian slip there.  Ah well.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 15, 2004, 10:12:53 AM

OK, so I watched xmen2 again last night - and now I'm compelled to buy this damn thing.

However, Gamestop (who I'd normally order through) won't ship it internationally. Amazon won't ship games at all internationally, and it seems  eb won't ship anything to the uk.

If anyone has a retailer they can reccomend for shipping games abroad with who isn't afflicted by this sort of nonsense, let me know.

Thanks.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 10:22:46 AM

You could try EB Games. Their order form allows International shipments, at least.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 10:26:46 AM

The order form allows for it - but only to certain countries.

I gather from the list that it's those-countries-that-do-not-have-eb-stores-of-their-own.

Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 15, 2004, 10:47:47 AM

I'm going to do exactly what I did with SWG: buy it on eBay, get the guy to email me the CD-KEY, and patch my beta client for teh win.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 12:22:37 PM

I would start looking at places that you normally think of for hardware.  They usually sell software too and don't have the same kinds of hiccups about selling overseas.  Maybe buy.com or places like newegg.com?  Not sure if they sell software.  Online stores for international physical stores is a bad idea as you are finding out because they don't want to step on their own feet.

I am surprised Amazon bombed out though.

Ebay is a good idea to avoid the nonsense.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 16, 2004, 03:46:29 PM

www.importmadness.co.uk were eventually the lucky recipients of my english pounds.

Seems a fairly good setup if anyone else is still looking - of course it remains to be seen whether anything actually arrives ;)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Europe and CoH  
Jump to: