Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:40:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoffs 2019 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2019  (Read 21498 times)
WayAbvPar

on: January 04, 2019, 09:12:58 AM

Wildcard weekend
LA
Seattle
Indy
Chicago

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 09:33:48 AM

Wild Cards
Chargers - I think losing a few weeks ago will give the Chargers defense enough experience to beat the Ravens.
Seattle - The Cowboys are frauds.
Houston - I'm still iffy on this one but I think Hopkins will be the difference maker.
Chicago - Philly are frauds.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 12:07:28 PM

Chargers because fuck Baltimore
Seattle because fuck Jerry Jones more than Carroll
Houston because fuck Luck
Philly because fuck (home field > playoff experience)

why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 01:08:33 PM

What's wrong with Luck? Other than the neckbeard, of course.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 08:29:48 AM

its a good slate because you can talk yourself into all four road teams.

Ravens because they are the worse team ("nobody believes in us!") but home team, better defense and chargers are a failure org vs chargers because they are have proven a lot more during reg season and they will have some film and time to study it on a limited Ravens O...

I'm going Ravens bc that's what I want to happen.

Cowboys because home team and Zeke and do you really think Seattle can run in playoffs they way they have been vs Seahawks because who the fuck trusts Dak Prescott to win anything important anymore?

I'm going Seahawks because my logic is inconsistent. But if both teams go max shut down the run I think Wilson >>>>>> Dak in terms of overcoming that.

Houston bc home team and more elite defensive talent vs Colts bc good o-line instead of bad o-line?

Houston because some home teams are going to win.

Chicago because it better not be Philly. BIG DICK NICK factor though...

tl;dr
Ravens
Seahawks
Texans
Bears

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 08:45:58 PM

Well, shit. Bad time for Shaq Griffin to play his worst game as a Seahawk. Oh well. I thought they would go 4-12, so this was gravy.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 10:32:06 PM

Only caught teh second half of the game as I was at figure drawing, did Wagner even make a play?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 10:03:23 AM

Wagner made an INT in the end zone, if I'm not mistaken. It didn't matter though, because the Seahawks offense consisted of running a back directly into a stacked front or letting Russell Wilson scramble to throw a long bomb. Dallas' defense is pretty good, made even better by a "Beast Mode" offense that was executed without Beast Mode.

Of course, I was wrong about both Seattle and Houston. Deshaun Watson was inaccurate as fuck all day and their defense got sliced to pieces by Indy. I think they sacked Luck like once and maybe got a few pressures but for the most part, he got to sit back and throw the ball wherever he wanted and the Texans' DB's were all terrible. Indy's O Line is just scary good and they have a few playmakers on offense. Their defense is also surprisingly good. They may not make it past the Chiefs but they aren't going to be an easy out.

WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 08:31:52 PM

KJ Wright made the INT in the end zone. Wagner was the best player on the field for most of the day (as usual). Seattle OC didn't adjust, and for some reason refuses to use RW to his fullest potential. It is a one game season- what are you protecting him for?

I expected 4 wins this season, so this was all a pleasant surprise. Still frustrating when you get outcoached by Jason fucking Garrett.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 08:53:52 PM

After years of Darren Bevell, you should be used to that by now.  why so serious?

I am really looking forward to seeing The LA SUPER CHARGERS beat the Pats in Foxboro. They give no fucks about playing on the road, since their home stadium is a rental full of all 5 of the LA fans and tons of their opponent's fans. They are a really strong team on both sides of the ball and seeing Brady get lit up by this front line will be great. On the other side of the ball, despite the loss, I think Lamar Jackson has a lot of potential. I give the Ravens' coaching staff a fuckload of credit for 1) changing their game plan overnight to accommodate this kid's skillset when Flacco got hurt, 2) sticking with him when what they did was working and 3) sticking with him in this game when it wasn't working and the temptation to bring on Flacco must have been huge. Notice that when they unleashed the kid (being 3 scores down) and let him throw the ball, he almost got them back in it. That last fumble wasn't so much his fault as that pass rush finally getting to him at the right time. If he gets better O line play on the pass, I think he can be a success. He just has to learn to read pass rush better and hold on to the damn football. Also, stop taking so many bad hits.

Incidentally, fuck the refs today. The Chargers had to score 1 TD three fucking times because the refs couldn't see the ball plainly crossing the goal line.

The Chicago/Philly game was some bullshit. First off, the refs that called that instant replay an incomplete pass are morons, but the bigger morons are the ones who wrote the rule that said if you can't see a clear turnover of possession on that play, you can't award the catch. That's some bullshit and completely against just about every other fucking rule dealing with fumbles in the first fucking place. Just totally fucking dumb and counter intuitive. And I suppose the Bears will be looking for a new kicker next year because holy shit, how do you miss that one? It's too bad, because the Eagles are as much a fraud team as the Cowboys and I hope the #1 and #2 teams prove it next week or else we'll have a shitty NFC championship game.

The AFC though - damn. I actually think the worst team left is the Patriots and I expect them to lose.

Divisional Round
Chargers over Pats
Chiefs over Colts - This is going to be a helluva game the way the Colts are playing now.
Saints over Cowboys - Fuck the Cowboys.
Rams over Eagles - Fuck the Eagles.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 05:23:42 AM

Pats
Colts
Rams
Eagles

imma just predict what I would like to see happen least after that weekend.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 04:26:53 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 07:16:10 AM

Time to write a new rule about receptions and fire a kicker. That sucked, I had some hopes for the Bears this year. Up until that point, we were pretty happy that most of the calls seemed sensible.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 09:29:38 AM

Saints play Eagles, Rams vs. Cowboys

Anyway hope the Raiders enjoy that 25th pick.  why so serious?
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 01:03:42 PM

Time to write a new rule about receptions and fire a kicker. That sucked, I had some hopes for the Bears this year. Up until that point, we were pretty happy that most of the calls seemed sensible.

My only gripe about that call was the fact that the catch was established and if he'd kept a handle on it, he'd have been down by contact anyway so a catch and down by tackle. Don't get me started on why not a single player jumped on the ball... the players constantly are in panic over a ball flopping around on the ground even if the whistle blew it dead... but this one time.

But seems every year we get to suffer through one of these calls.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
WayAbvPar

Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 01:22:03 PM

The refs blew the play dead and picked it up. Their job is to shut the fuck up and let the players complete the play.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 02:00:33 PM

And later in the game there were times when the ball just rolled around. After that I'd be running to pick up every dead ball in the stadium....just in case.

Anyway, better to have a shitty kicker that misses half the time than a backup that can't kick onsides or FGs.

Playoffs are off to a hell of a start  swamp poop
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 07:18:12 PM

So the goddamn Chargers absolutely shit the bed. A completely different team than we saw almost all season. They were completely outplayed, outcoached. Just an utter shitshow. I'm not sure why there are still DC's in this league that think coverage is the way to beat Tom Brady because it isn't. You have to hit the shit out of him from the first snap and don't stop. The Chargers played that 7 DB shit that they played against the Ravens and were never able to pressure Brady enough to get him to stop slapping the shit out of them. On the other side of the ball, they also couldn't figure out that trying to give Rivers enough time to throw it deep wasn't working either. It was like total coaching paralysis.

KC beat the shit out of the Colts. I was a bit surprised that it wasn't even close, as that's the best I've seen KC's defense play all year. Maybe they can beat Brady. We'll see.

Thankfully, both the Rams and the Saints showed up this weekend because I really did not want to see either the Cowboys or the Eagles in the Championship, because either one of them could have stumblefucked their way into a Super Bowl. As it is now, at least 1 of the 2 teams in the Super Bowl will be fun to watch.

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND
KC - because FUCK TOM BRADY
Rams - I actually think this one is a toss up but I'll go Rams. I'm happy either way.

Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 03:16:12 AM

So I'd rather see the youth movement take of this year with Goff and Mahomes in the SB, rather than the old men.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 14, 2019, 03:29:44 AM

I can see KC winning that game (this is my hedge in case I turn out to be spectacularly wrong), but if I had to risk my spleen on the outcome of that game....of course B & B are going to win.  KC might have the homefield and a young QB that doesn't know yet that he's not invincible, but NE has an enormous psychological advantage, which I don't imagine I need to explain.

On the other side, l guess I'd prefer the Rams.  Although really, I prefer whoever has a chance to beat NE in the SB.  Which is probably New Orleans.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #19 on: January 14, 2019, 05:11:23 AM

the way those games played NE looks like favorites against any of them. the other 3 winners looked incredibly mortal this round, Rams least so but still.

NE (now i can't lose, fuck the shitfuck patriots and fuck all of new england sports).
STL (away team...  ACK! but looked better last round, don't feel like Saints D / coaching are going to have the brains or talent to stop Rams braintrust... right?)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 05:13:57 AM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 14, 2019, 05:33:28 AM

NE over KC
NO over LA
And SB ratings take a hit.

If it does turn out this way, I hope Brees gets another ring. I don't dislike NE other than from the monotony of them always being postseason contenders - but I'd favor NO over NE. That said, I think LA vs NE would be an LA victory with that DL killing Brady's rhythm from the first snap.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 14, 2019, 07:29:48 AM

the way those games played NE looks like favorites against any of them. the other 3 winners looked incredibly mortal this round, Rams least so but still.

NE (now i can't lose, fuck the shitfuck patriots and fuck all of new england sports).
STL (away team...  ACK! but looked better last round, don't feel like Saints D / coaching are going to have the brains or talent to stop Rams braintrust... right?)

Ain't STL anymore!

Also, the only way to beat Brady in the playoffs is to smash his face over and over. If the Chiefs can't then the only other team that will have a chance is probably the Rams.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #22 on: January 14, 2019, 07:47:34 AM

I got into STL for work a few weeks ago on a Sunday and got super worried about traffic downtown during dinner time before the game.  It took me a full day to remember the team had moved and I'm pretty sure I spoke to a few locals about it who just humored me and moved on.

NE and LA.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 14, 2019, 04:05:38 PM

I'm gonna stick with my postseason wish from last season.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 14, 2019, 07:40:43 PM

I'm gonna stick with my postseason wish from last season.

The entire NFL ownership dies when an earthquake strikes where their annual meetings are held and the hotel collapses on their heads?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 09:01:46 PM

Hey, leave the Rooneys out of it.  I think.  I don't even know anymore.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 15, 2019, 04:27:19 AM

Hey, leave the Rooneys out of it.  I think.  I don't even know anymore.

If you wallow in the pigpen long enough, you get to share the fate of the pigs you hang out with!

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 15, 2019, 05:02:51 AM

Number 1, 2, 3 and 4 offenses in the league.

Pats actually have the best defense left? heh, yeah I'll believe that when I see it.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 15, 2019, 05:04:15 AM

Number 1, 2, 3 and 4 offenses in the league.

Pats actually have the best defense left? heh, yeah I'll believe that when I see it.

I'd argue the Rams defense is the best left, given the personnel.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #29 on: January 15, 2019, 07:29:11 AM

In Total Defense, it's Saints(14), Rams(19), Pats(21) and Chiefs(31) in that order. In pass defense, it's Rams (14), Pats(22), Saints(29) and Chiefs(31). In rushing, it's Saints (2), Pats (11), Rams(23) and Chiefs (27). In Points Per Game, it's Chiefs (9), Rams (13), Saints (19), and Pats(26).

So none of them are great but oddly the Chiefs are allowing the fewest points per game. I expect to see LOTS of scoring.

EDIT: Incidentally, the Chiefs are #1 in sacks, which I'm guessing is a function of 1) almost always being ahead by a lot, forcing teams to pass on every down and 2) they have really good edge pass rushers. Chris Jones is a goddamn beast.

WayAbvPar

Reply #30 on: January 15, 2019, 04:43:27 PM

I want KC v NO. First SB with a 90+ O/U  awesome, for real

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 18, 2019, 08:46:26 AM

Saints have only scored more than 30 points twice in their last 7 games.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 19, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Urr Haemish I think you're reading those stats wrong?

KC gave up 421 points in the regular season, the Pats 325.

KC's defense is not very good. I still expect them to beat NE considering it's in Kansas City unless Andy Reid will find a way to blow it in the final 2 minutes (a 75% of happening).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 02:35:51 PM by Shannow »

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #33 on: January 19, 2019, 04:42:14 PM

Yeah, you're probably right about me reading the points stats. However, I think the KC defense is much better at home than they were on the road, but still very bad.

Looks like points allowed per game it was NE (6), NO (12), Rams (20) and KC (23). However, KC was 4th lowest in points allowed at home, while New England is 19th on the road.

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 20, 2019, 12:53:30 AM

If I remember correctly, when the Chiefs played the Rams it was a super high scoring game that ended around 50-54. I imagine if you took out that one game for both of them, the stats would look very different. If the Chiefs were playing at the Rams for instance, that explains why they did so good at home but not great at away games.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoffs 2019  
Jump to: