Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:14:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Festivus 2018 && Future Grievances 2019 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Festivus 2018 && Future Grievances 2019  (Read 12805 times)
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

on: December 24, 2018, 10:22:53 AM

"I got a lotta problems with you people, and now you're going to hear about it!"

Glad everyone is still here (Dr. Schild lanced someones late in the year. For that I am grateful.)

My hope for 2019 is modest: I don’t want to ever hear the term blockchain in my org ever again.  Good luck folks in 2019.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 10:45:07 AM

Oooooh, I got some gripes.

But naw, I'm just hoping to transition out of juggalos and into uh, not juggalos.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 12:30:06 PM

I will gladly take a year of Juggalos if we can never hear of Proud Boys again.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 01:43:46 PM

Yeah, they both vape. So.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 04:31:51 PM

Happy Hapiness to you all.

Hic sunt dracones.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 03:11:00 PM

My gift haul was p good for the season.

Three flights of carpet runners
Steambucks
A shirt to fill up the bag that had steambucks in it
A credit card sized weapon

Shopping for me is impossible.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 05:09:58 PM

Hope everyone had a good day, even if this isn't a day that you particularly celebrate as a day.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 04:12:31 AM

I generally have a bland holiday, by my design but this year was actually a pretty good one. I'll probably be dead in a few months, so start bidding on who gets my stuff.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 26, 2018, 04:28:42 AM

Mine was pretty good. I got a couple of interesting books and some clothes. And I actually managed to stay in peoples company for quite a bit this year before running away.

Hic sunt dracones.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 07:15:48 AM

I had a decent Christmas, nice and relaxing. I can definitely say that 2018 can get fucked and I'm glad to see the back of it.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 07:28:22 AM

You say that every year.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #11 on: December 26, 2018, 07:29:43 AM

Still waiting for a year that doesn't suck to come along.  why so serious?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12 on: December 26, 2018, 07:32:07 AM

What an optimist! awesome, for real

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 26, 2018, 10:27:44 AM

My daughter is about to turn 1 (youngest of 3), so 2019 will see my daughter turn 6 and enter the 1st grade, my son turn 4 and figure out different ways to make weapons out of everything while also building a fascination for LEGOs. I might finally get more sleep in 2019.

No grievances though. Wish Walt Disney World vacations didn't require a bank loan.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #14 on: December 26, 2018, 10:55:03 AM

Oooooh, I got some gripes.

But naw, I'm just hoping to transition out of juggalos and into uh, not juggalos.

Juggalos are the future. For only their facepaint will help us evade facial recognition in our ever-looming not-quite-cyberpunk dystopia. Fuck the vaping and the Faygo, tho'

Mostly a good year here. Realigned some of my priorities and found some cool shit.

I still love most of you chucklekfucks too.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #15 on: December 26, 2018, 02:56:02 PM

Since it was mentioned: I don't think WDW is expensive enough. Way too many people there when I went.

My grievances are probably not everyone's grievances and so I will keep quiet.

Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 10:09:12 AM

WDW is crazy in that everyone goes there.  I have travelled there from Minnesota five times and every time we get there we randomly meet someone my wife or I know.  What are the odds on that?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 11:04:19 AM

WDW is crazy in that everyone goes there.  I have travelled there from Minnesota five times and every time we get there we randomly meet someone my wife or I know.  What are the odds on that?

When I went a few years ago we walked right past really good friends of the family in one of the parks. Crazy. Like we had seen them a week ago at happy hour.
WayAbvPar

Reply #18 on: December 27, 2018, 11:29:23 AM

HH folks. I set up my old PC for my son and bought him WoW and D3, so be on the lookout for a new batch of Blizzard friend requests as I search for someone to PL me  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 04:47:01 AM

When I went a few years ago we walked right past really good friends of the family in one of the parks. Crazy. Like we had seen them a week ago at happy hour.

It’s not surprising, I’ve had the same thing happen on Kauai which doesn’t get nearly the same volume of traffic as Orlando

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 07:36:10 AM

I came home from visiting my family for Christmas and one of the cats had taken a big pee in the bath tub.  This is not the first time he's left us presents there.
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: December 28, 2018, 07:41:05 AM

Good place for that to happen tho.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #22 on: December 31, 2018, 09:21:54 AM

I came home from visiting my family for Christmas and one of the cats had taken a big pee in the bath tub.  This is not the first time he's left us presents there.

Best possibility.

We have run into people we know at WDW and other places. Last time we went, I found out via a friend that another friend-plus-large-family was there at the same time but we didn't run into each other somehow.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 31, 2018, 04:03:55 PM

Happy New Year, you bunch of butt plugs.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 31, 2018, 05:47:13 PM

happy new year

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 31, 2018, 07:46:30 PM

Happy New Year, even to the people who are wrong. Except that guy.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #26 on: December 31, 2018, 08:51:01 PM

Happy New Year you rat bastards. May your 2018 be an improvement.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #27 on: December 31, 2018, 11:17:45 PM

Happy New Year, you misanthropic bastards, and I hope the shit waits at least another year to hit the fan. Good luck, we're gonna need it.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 02, 2019, 07:16:27 AM

Happy New Year you rat bastards. May your 2018 be an improvement.

I like how the wrong year struck even before the stupid ball fell in NYC.  awesome, for real

Anyways, Happy New Year to all my random internet people.  Yes, even you.

Now back to the work grind.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #29 on: January 02, 2019, 09:44:08 AM

Hey all, Happy New Year and such.

Random gift related thought - I got a Sous Vide machine for Christmas. Made the best steak I've had at home in three years the other day (Can't use the grill - old wooden building).

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #30 on: January 02, 2019, 07:25:12 PM

Hey all, Happy New Year and such.

Random gift related thought - I got a Sous Vide machine for Christmas. Made the best steak I've had at home in three years the other day (Can't use the grill - old wooden building).

Nice, You can also use it as a temperature control for C-41 chemicals in case you want to develop your own colour negative film at home (it's what I use mine for).

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 03, 2019, 02:49:26 AM

Wow.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #32 on: January 04, 2019, 01:34:07 PM

I had a great 2018. I don't know how 2019 will top it. Given that, I'd like the universe to spread the good stuff to you people instead.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 05:08:55 AM

If I can file a grievance, it would be this:  I want mainstream media to stop using words like "shreds", "slams", "evicerates", etcetera, when one person on social media makes a comment that appears to challenge or be in contradiction to something said by another person on social media.  This is the modern day equivalent of Internet Tough Guy, and it annoys the fuck out of me.  More often then not, it is a one-sided event.  "Celebrity A absolutely shreds Politician B in a new twitter comment!"  Uh, no they didn't.  They safely threw out a comment from the safety of their PC or phone or whatever, and there is zero chance that Politician B gives a half a shit or is even aware of the comment.  And if given the chance in a fair environment, Politician B would probably get the better of that person ten times out of ten.

This isn't limited to celebrities and politicians, it is all fucking human beings.  Or one Kardashian to another.  It drives me up a wall.  You didn't "slam" anyone, motherfucker.

I am going to start using it in my F13 posting from now on, until this stops.  "Ah shit!  SirT just absolutely OBLITERATED Schild by correcting him on some mundane fact about the Pope!" or whatever.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 08, 2019, 10:45:02 AM

Agreed. If I see eviscerated in a headline, I need to see the stringy innards in someone's hands. "Cher Eviscerates Lindsay Graham Over A Long List of His Bullshit!" Let's do that.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Festivus 2018 && Future Grievances 2019  
Jump to: