Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:14:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Artifact: The Two Tower Takedown CCG 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Artifact: The Two Tower Takedown CCG  (Read 36117 times)
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #105 on: January 28, 2019, 04:43:07 PM

Given that DOTA is run by what seems to be just one guy who has been doing the balancing for a decade now, maybe they don’t need a whole team?
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: January 29, 2019, 12:07:51 PM

More card nerf/changes.

Basically, all items not being used much got a slight buff.

This update looks like a giant punt.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
schild
Administrator

Reply #107 on: January 29, 2019, 01:23:55 PM

The artifact team is terrible.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: January 29, 2019, 01:32:12 PM

I wish I could get my money back.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #109 on: January 29, 2019, 05:18:22 PM

This update looks like a giant punt.

I think it's safe to say they couldn't get a single first down so far.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #110 on: March 11, 2019, 01:29:00 PM

Garfield no longer actively working on Artifact:

https://www.artibuff.com/blog/2019-03-08-garfield-is-no-longer-at-valve
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: March 12, 2019, 11:23:14 PM

I'm not convinced that anyone is working on Artifact

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: March 13, 2019, 02:27:20 AM

At this point me neither, although I am totally expecting a relaunch close to The International, with huge changes like a free to play model and of course a new set.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: March 18, 2019, 01:44:45 PM

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: March 30, 2019, 02:44:01 AM

More apologies from Valve and the breaking news that the game is being reworked for a massive redesign and relaunch in the distant future.

We all knew that, but they made it official.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/583950/announcements/detail/1819924505115920089

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #115 on: October 08, 2019, 09:27:49 PM

Artifact: What Went Wrong? by Zvi Mowshowitz of MtG fame.

https://thezvi.wordpress.com/2019/10/08/artifact-what-went-wrong/
schild
Administrator

Reply #116 on: October 08, 2019, 10:10:23 PM

man he wrote so many words and from a cursory search he failed to point out that Garfield is GREAT at initial design and terrible at really drilling something down to be something amazing long-term.

A slew of things went wrong, but before it even started, it really had no chance. The design just wasn't there. There were baseline flaws that were cardinal sins (things that are uncontrollable and get in the way of "fun" and "player agency").

ah, well, zvi is better at magic than me so i guess there's that
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #117 on: March 06, 2021, 11:51:31 PM

RIP Artifact(s):

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/583950/view/3047218819080842820
Artifact, the Dota 2 card game, shipped in November of 2018. Despite good initial sales, our player count fell off pretty dramatically. This warranted a shift from the service/update development model we'd planned to a full reevaluation of the game's mechanics and economy.

It's now been about a year and a half since the current Artifact team began work on a reboot in earnest. While we're reasonably satisfied we accomplished most of our game-side goals, we haven't managed to get the active player numbers to a level that justifies further development at this time. As such, we've made the tough decision to stop development on the Artifact 2.0 Beta.

However, we recognize that both versions of Artifact still have players and still have value to the community. For this reason, we're opening both games up to make them available for free to everyone. Final releases of both Artifact Classic and Artifact 2.0 Beta (renamed Artifact Foundry) are now available. Technically Artifact Foundry remains an unfinished product, but most of what's missing is polish and art - the core gameplay is all there. While both games will remain playable, we don’t plan to ship any further gameplay updates.
Didn't even realize they were working on a 2.0 / Foundry though it makes sense given how bad the original flopped. Differences between the two versions:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/583950/view/3047218819080852982
Artifact Classic and Artifact Foundry are both games played between two players who each bring a deck of cards and 5 heroes to a battle spread across 3 lanes, with the goal of winning 2 of the lanes before the opponent can win 2 themselves. In Artifact Classic, the lanes are played in sequence, while Artifact Foundry features a simplified zoomed-out gameplay where you can play in any lane at any time.

Artifact Classic gameplay embraces unbounded lane capacity for units, allowing for massive armies to clash with one another. Players choose to play powerful spells and resources into each lane, pressuring their opponent while balancing their momentum as enemy towers fall, or friendly towers come under threat. It features a large number of random events which skillful generals must mitigate with forethought and arcane knowledge.

Artifact Foundry gameplay gives more direct agency – almost all random elements aside from a shuffled deck have been removed – and the gameplay is more focused on heroes, which have been given a significantly more powerful role. In addition to heroes, almost every card in the game has been reworked at least somewhat to be somewhat more impactful, fun, and easier to focus on. Over 100 new cards and 20 new heroes have been introduced in Artifact Foundry.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Artifact: The Two Tower Takedown CCG  
Jump to: