Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:03:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Artifact: The Two Tower Takedown CCG 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Artifact: The Two Tower Takedown CCG  (Read 36132 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: December 01, 2018, 09:39:35 AM

The way draft handles heroes is in fact so garbage I'm tempted to write a medium piece about it.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #36 on: December 01, 2018, 11:49:05 AM

What's the issue(s)? The way the game semi-randomly assigns you one if you don't pick one yourself?
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #37 on: December 01, 2018, 01:34:14 PM

well what's the worst part about mtg drafting? its when someone drafts a 1st pick bomb, gets to play it and it wins them the game without them really drafting a good deck or playing well because you just can't handle it.

heroes, esp the good ones, are so much worse than any bomb. The quality of a given deck is determined by such a massive margin by the heroes of the deck. Because not only does a hero count as 1 super important card and give you 3 copies of another card that can each be a bomb (hello drow) or utter trash. So that's a massive swing in deck power level.

So having better heroes was always going to be a huge swing. I'm basically positive though that every draft pack having 1 hero and only being able to pick 1 hero per pack /and/ drafting heroes like they are normal cards when they most certainly are not.... it just all adds to up the experience feeling bad and if it weren't for the fact that playing the game correctly is so beyond players right now (myself included) then drafting better heroes would be winning a lot of people drafts for free even if they aren't the better player or drafter.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 01, 2018, 03:04:14 PM

I can live with sometimes getting worse heroes. In fact my best decks so far have been with pretty medium heroes but great other cards. What pisses me off more is I can only draft one hero per pack so you're never really sure you should take one unless it's absolute top tier. Feels terrible to draft a solid hero then open Enchantress next pack and be unable to draft it.
schild
Administrator

Reply #39 on: December 01, 2018, 06:30:24 PM

I can live with sometimes getting worse heroes. In fact my best decks so far have been with pretty medium heroes but great other cards. What pisses me off more is I can only draft one hero per pack so you're never really sure you should take one unless it's absolute top tier. Feels terrible to draft a solid hero then open Enchantress next pack and be unable to draft it.
Yup. This right here. Either DON'T show me future heroes or let me pick more. Don't purposefully give me FOMO.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #40 on: December 02, 2018, 07:13:58 PM

You can only draft one hero per pack, or per draft?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #41 on: December 02, 2018, 07:57:53 PM

Per draft round, there are 5 rounds in the draft, but you also see multiple packs per round. Which is how you end up the situation where you can see Heroes in packs you can't draft cause you already picked a Hero in that round.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 03, 2018, 05:57:00 AM

Oh so thats how it is.

Kind of dumb.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #43 on: December 03, 2018, 06:26:26 PM

Err, that's how draft always works for all games, except for the prohibition on hate drafting away all the hero's to deny opponents any.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #44 on: December 03, 2018, 06:30:47 PM

what
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #45 on: December 03, 2018, 07:49:53 PM

Am I miss-reading?  Drafting is always opening multiple packs and passing them around each round, is it not?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 03, 2018, 07:55:02 PM

That's not the problem. There's never (that I know of) been a limit on drafting certain types of cards; imagine being unable to pick up a passed rare/mythic because you had selected the rare opened in your pack. It's bizarre and creates feel bad moments; it's more strange since you're not actually drafting from the same packs as the others at the table with you. It would be trivial to just hide any further heroes from you once you've already drafted one.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
schild
Administrator

Reply #47 on: December 03, 2018, 07:59:44 PM

either hide them or let me draft more heroes. It's my fault if my deck is garbage at the end of the draft because I took what, 50 heroes?
Sutro
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 03, 2018, 11:42:50 PM

People played Homelands cards because they basically had no choice back at release. None of them are good and none of them should be played. At all. Not anymore. Not for a very, very long 22 years.

Decided to make my first post in, like, five years to stick up for Merchant Scroll, a card that still sees Commander and Legacy play.

schild
Administrator

Reply #49 on: December 04, 2018, 06:25:27 AM

People played Homelands cards because they basically had no choice back at release. None of them are good and none of them should be played. At all. Not anymore. Not for a very, very long 22 years.

Decided to make my first post in, like, five years to stick up for Merchant Scroll, a card that still sees Commander and Legacy play.

Commander sure, but that's not an endorsement of anything. What legacy deck still uses it? I know the reprint got it shoved into a few modern UR decks due to the lack of tutors, but I'm about 90% sure merchant scroll has been tossed aside in legacy.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 07, 2018, 05:10:12 AM

So I've pulled 3 Axes and sold 2 of them and other nice excess cards before the market started to fall. I bought some packs and the RNG dropped me good cards. I wont buy any more packs.

It's taken a bit to string together wins but the game still feels a bit of a chore and I still feel disconnected from it - the RNG is the worst part of the game.

I want to like it, technically it's well engineered but I have no sense of progression other than "hey, can I sell this to get more cards?"

Any ideas on how the player base is travelling?

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #51 on: December 13, 2018, 05:53:40 PM

Patch 1.1 is out.

https://playartifact.com/dec13update

Leaderboards are in.

Full patch notes:

PATCH NOTES
NEW FEATURES (CALL TO ARMS):
Added two new decks: Death From Above and Dark Aggro.
Added random mode: each game you'll be given a new random deck from the Call To Arms gauntlet.
Added maximum win-streak leaderboards for each deck with Global and Friends filters.
NEW FEATURES (CHAT):
Added unit chat wheels accessible in-game. Every creep and hero has custom voice lines accessible by pressing 'Y' when hovering that unit, or by doing a long hold of the left mouse button. Towers and improvements also support the chat wheel.
Unit chat wheels have an option for custom lines to allow general in-match chat.
Added the ability to request a Steam Chat with your current opponent either during the game, accessible through their nameplate in the HUD, or from the end-of-match screen.
Opponent’s chat wheel messages can be muted, either through the in-game or through the message itself.
NEW FEATURES (TOURNAMENTS):
Added new Free-For-All tournament type. This is a less-structured mode where all participants can play against each other (up to specified time or rematch limits). The event winner is determined by whoever has the most wins over the course of the event.
Added Open Tournaments. These are tournaments that are created and maintained automatically by Artifact. For this first release, each Open Tournament will last three hours and have between 16 and 64 players participating in a Free-For-All using only common cards.
Added the ability to adjust many tournament options after tournament creation, for instance maximum player count, series types, or rounds of Swiss.
NEW FEATURES:
Added Color Blind Mode option: when enabled, this will separate card colors more on the luminance scale the in game and various UI.
Added Color Suit Banners option: when enabled, this will add flags to the face of each card representing its color.
Added Bot Gauntlet where after each win you will go up against a tougher deck.
BUG FIXES:
Fixed the 'Minimize Shop' button not appearing during the shopping phase if you had no cards in your hand.
Fixed an issue where optional unit ‘subtitle’ chat bubbles would sometimes not follow animating cards.
Fixed an issue where users with IMEs enabled couldn't use certain keyboard shortcuts (eg., spacebar for pushing the pass coin).
Fixed an issue where you could unintentionally add multiple copies of the cards required to complete your set before making a Steam Market purchase.
Fixed the deck editor text filter not doing partial matches for Hangul characters.
Fixed an issue where cards cloned by Ogre Magi's Multicast or ...And One For Me that were later locked wouldn't have the visual lock indicator in hand.
Fixed an issue where sometimes the deck editor would unhelpfully remember an earlier state when loading initially (eg., your deck from a completed draft).
Fixed Path of the Wise taking an unnecessarily long time to return control to the player.
Fixed a client crash that would happen when previewing certain effects on a card that was about to be destroyed by an opponent action.
Fixed a rare client crash after an opponent played certain cards.
Fixed a rare client crash when looking at a tower's damage preview tooltip in unusual cases.
OTHER:
Easy bot difficulty is now a little easier.
Updated the localization files.

schild
Administrator

Reply #52 on: December 13, 2018, 05:56:54 PM

whew, pauper on the first patch
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: December 13, 2018, 06:29:47 PM

Does that mean we'll get EDH sometime before Set *checks notes* 9?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
schild
Administrator

Reply #54 on: December 13, 2018, 06:39:07 PM

this game is hilariously ripe for EDH, they just need to either remove the signature cards or bring it down to 1 per hero. Maybe lowering the number of heroes would be fun also. Kanna would be (more) OP.
schild
Administrator

Reply #55 on: December 13, 2018, 07:29:56 PM

Pauper and its accompanying tournament mode are EXCELLENT.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #56 on: December 16, 2018, 08:23:18 PM

player base collapsing and word of mouth seems (for the overall game) to be quite bad. its already pretty hard to get any pauper games it seems

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: December 16, 2018, 11:40:04 PM

I'm getting what I suspect are bot games in PvP. Fast turns from my opponent. I'm hoping it's not the case.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: December 17, 2018, 04:17:10 AM

Nothing to worry about. Game is good and only gonna get better.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #59 on: December 20, 2018, 11:03:51 PM

schild
Administrator

Reply #60 on: December 20, 2018, 11:31:31 PM

Yea, huge fucking mistake.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #61 on: December 21, 2018, 07:08:04 AM

So they are essentially removing the trading value of any card long-term because all the best cards will eventually get nerfed.

I mean, it's AN approach, it's just not a good approach in a trading card game.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #62 on: December 21, 2018, 08:16:27 AM

It’s not just the nerfing. People can now earn free packs (and event tickets) just from playing — up to 15 a season — though it’s unclear exactly how long each season will be.

Edit: a season
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 11:10:21 AM by Trippy »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: December 21, 2018, 01:53:35 PM

Are you sure about the season Trippy? It seems to me that the RANKING will be reset every season, but your player level shouldn't/wouldn't. Hence no more rewards after level 16. At least for now.

EDIT:

From the Steam page now

Artifact comes with 5 Card Packs and 2 Event Tickets. Unlock 15 more Card Packs and 15 additional Event Tickets as you play. You'll also receive 2 Starter Decks each with 40 cards and 9 items.

You get 3 tickets less now with your $20 purchase. And that wording seems to imply the 15 cards and 15 tickets are one off.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 02:08:51 PM by Falconeer »

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #64 on: December 21, 2018, 02:19:21 PM

No, not sure. I'm going off of this page: https://playartifact.com/buildyourlegend
Every match made game in Artifact grants XP used to level your account and unlock more content. Reaching certain tiers grants level icons to show the world what you've accomplished, while others grant card packs or tickets (up to fifteen of each this season).
The "this season" part implies to me that when the next season rolls around more card pack and ticket rewards will be available.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: December 21, 2018, 02:30:21 PM

Ah yes, I missed that.

schild
Administrator

Reply #66 on: December 21, 2018, 02:46:27 PM

Yeah it's x packs for y months and seasons will probably be 3-4 months. There's a way to make this not shitty and turn the industry on its head but they'll fuck it up because they're idiots. Can't believe I'm saying this shit about Valve.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #67 on: December 21, 2018, 02:51:49 PM

not nerfing cards ever is stupid in a digital game.

Artifact would have been dead before they could get a 3rd set out imo if they didn't do something, that I'm sure of. I have no idea if what they did is right or matters but I laugh at anyone who is pissed because they intended to play the market and they've lost value. Seems to me the change is pointless, the modes worth playing are pay to play, some free packs here and there won't really change anything?

-William Gibson
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: December 26, 2018, 10:24:31 AM

No one gives a shit about free packs of cards. Only poor people and children are angry about not being able to earn a free pack of cards worth a good cup of coffee.

Being able to nerf cards is terrible though.
schild
Administrator

Reply #69 on: December 26, 2018, 11:04:51 AM

not nerfing cards ever is stupid in a digital game.

Artifact would have been dead before they could get a 3rd set out imo if they didn't do something, that I'm sure of. I have no idea if what they did is right or matters but I laugh at anyone who is pissed because they intended to play the market and they've lost value. Seems to me the change is pointless, the modes worth playing are pay to play, some free packs here and there won't really change anything?

It was wrong. They should've banned. Also, catering to poor people kills the card game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Artifact: The Two Tower Takedown CCG  
Jump to: