Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:11:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse  (Read 14595 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #35 on: April 06, 2019, 09:15:43 PM

If you own it, watch the alternate universe version. It adds about a half hour of material, most of it storyboard but some fully rendered and with a lot of the dialogue recorded. It flashes out the narrative and adds a few twists.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 08, 2019, 06:53:34 AM

I finally watched this On Demand last night. It was excellent. Spider Gwen was easily my favorite part of the movie and was the only reveal I guessed long before it happened. I've heard she is a great character and if she is like that in the comics I can see why. I'm not buying her and Miles as a romance but only because he looks a lot younger than her due to the animation style I think. Like she looks 18 and he looks 14 to my eyes.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #37 on: April 08, 2019, 10:24:21 AM

In the comics, she's 21 and he's 16-17, so it's kinda weird.

They brought their ages closer together for the movie though and they could probably hand wave a lot of it away by coming up with some "time moves differently in the alternate universes", or some such time-wimey jiggery-pokery. 

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 09, 2019, 08:57:30 AM

In the comics, she's 21 and he's 16-17, so it's kinda weird.

They brought their ages closer together for the movie though and they could probably hand wave a lot of it away by coming up with some "time moves differently in the alternate universes", or some such time-wimey jiggery-pokery. 

They don't really give ages in the movie but I honestly thought he was in middle school when the movie started. I think it's just my misreading of his age that made it odd for me in the movie. They're probably intended to be within a year or two of each other in the movie.

This movie did make me consider hunting down graphic novels that collected some of the Spider Gwen comics to see if she is as fun in comic form as she was in the movie.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #39 on: April 09, 2019, 10:03:48 AM

Gwen specifically mentions being 15 months older than Miles right before she heads back to her dimension.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #40 on: April 09, 2019, 12:59:08 PM

The Spider-Gwen comics are generally pretty good, if you dig the art style - it's highly stylized.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #41 on: April 09, 2019, 03:26:51 PM

A woman I know just posted some pics on Facebook of her daughter requesting Spider Gwen's haircut and it's adorable.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #42 on: July 15, 2019, 08:26:40 AM

I was surprised to see this pop up on Netflix and immediately watched half of it...despite it being 2am when I noticed it.

Phenomenal comics movie, they just nailed it.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #43 on: August 05, 2019, 10:11:07 PM

This is superb. Just as a film, it’s great. I really hope it reaps awards. Super impressed.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #44 on: August 05, 2019, 10:14:05 PM

schild
Administrator

Reply #45 on: August 06, 2019, 10:56:06 AM

was gonna say, basically won every award that matters
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #46 on: August 06, 2019, 12:22:32 PM

Yeah, the animation and art direction on this was super impressive.  The way they blended the different art styles and the random use of comic thought bubbles/boxes though out....  Just a lot of fun to watch.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 06, 2019, 07:04:08 PM

Haven't been able to confirm it, but a co-worker mentioned that apparently they played even more subtle tricks with the visual effects than most people think.   Supposedly for the first half or so of the move, Miles is actually animated at a slightly slower frame rate than everyone/thing around him, and he is eventually "sped up" to a matching framerate with the rest of the cast to highlight his development as a person / fully coming into his role as the new spiderperson of his universe.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 08, 2019, 11:50:41 AM

He is indeed animated on 2's immediately from the point he gets his super powers to the point he makes his leap of faith
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse  
Jump to: