Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:36:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Titans 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Titans  (Read 18284 times)
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #35 on: January 23, 2020, 04:37:45 PM

Season 1 was great. Highly recommended.

I'm trying to make my way through Season 2 (which has come to Netflix). It feels like a different show made by different people, using the same actors. It's a confusing, long-winded mess. Part teen drama, part "let's have some dark bloody season 1 stuff". Season 2 Episode 1 resolves the cliffhanger ending of Season 1, and then a new storyline goes for a few episodes, then everything gets really messy, with the only redeeming part being the introduction of Superboy and his dog. I'm going to finish this, but it feels like it's been going forever. I'm on episode 11 or something and it feels like episode 31.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #36 on: January 26, 2020, 12:28:43 AM

Just finished it (season 2). What a mess.

Iain Glen (Ser Friendzone on GoT) does an excellent job as Bruce Wayne. Dove smoulders with a hotness beyond her first season. Superboy and his creator are done well.

Everything else is all over the place. I was compelled to finish it because I guess I was entertained and I did want to know what happened.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 30, 2020, 03:22:51 AM

I enjoyed most of the season, right up until the last 20 minutes of the last episode where it all felt contrived.

The casting of Bruce Wayne was great, having seen Iain Glenn in Dr Who and other non-GoT roles, he seems to just be good value and he certainly made up for the uneveness of Nightwing's character. I also came around to the depiction of Robin #2 - the character came a long way from S1. A certain animal catching a missile and tossing it back... that made my day. I hope the character returns.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 20, 2020, 09:45:17 AM

I just finished watching this.  It is in parts retarded and excellent, sometimes from one scene to the next.  I really like the take on Dick Grayson, and even Robin number two.

Iain Glenn is a great Bruce Wayne.  Only trouble is that it is hard to picture him as Batman.  But, well, the didn’t really do that, so fine.

The ....I mean, fucking why.  There were others who seemed far more dispensible.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 01, 2020, 05:03:57 PM

This is on HBO Max, now, for those that have not seen it yet.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 16, 2021, 10:57:33 AM

Finally watching this and Doom Patrol. Doom Patrol is fantastic. Titans is much better than I thought it would be.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 30, 2021, 07:29:00 AM

Just finished watching Season 3. Lazarus Pits are a thing, and massively over-used. Scarecrow was an interesting villain, but I felt that the ending to the season was a bit of a let down.

Krypto needs his own series!

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 31, 2021, 11:18:41 AM

Finally watching this and Doom Patrol. Doom Patrol is fantastic. Titans is much better than I thought it would be.

I just finished S3 of Doom Patrol.  It's a great show.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 31, 2021, 03:10:11 PM

It's odd how well some remixing of Grant Morrison's story arcs and characters actually holds up.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 25, 2023, 05:45:06 PM

Going to necro this and say that Season 4 was the best of them. As always there are a few hick ups (I didn't quite buy into Robin 3.0), but the rest was solid viewing. This was the last of the series and the writers finished it in a good place. Raven, Starfire and Gar all sold the show to me
I wouldn't say it was great viewing, but it was entertaining. Superboy/Lex was excellent although I wish it had been taken further. Franka Potente (Mother Mayhem) and Joseph Morgan (Sebastian Blood/ Brother Blood) were excellent as antagonists.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Titans  
Jump to: