Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:14:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer 2018 - 2019 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Soccer 2018 - 2019  (Read 37878 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #70 on: June 12, 2019, 05:10:27 PM

Women's world cup group phase is atrocious but i hear the argument that you don't want to cut those 8 clearly shouldn't even be there countries because you do want to grow participation/visibility. The main issue is the whole 3 teams make it out of group thing. That is really bad.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: June 14, 2019, 10:17:32 PM

Men's world cup had the same sort of problem back in the 80's when 24 countries competed and teams from asia and africa were fillers.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #72 on: June 18, 2019, 06:10:28 AM

I'm glad we've played all these group rounds to see that maybe 4 teams will change from the 2015 World Cup round of 16?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Cameroon likely won't make it (although still in it I think even losing 2 games lulz), Columbia and Switzerland didn't even play, and South Korea got smoked.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #73 on: June 18, 2019, 02:08:41 PM

Well at least the Gold Cup is starting and the USMNT is so bad that besides a game versus Guyana you can't count on them for shit even though all games are "home" games.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #74 on: July 07, 2019, 10:57:59 PM

How the fuck is Bradley still on this squad. Every fucking game I watch he is just clownshoes.  Replace him with Rose Lavelle.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #75 on: July 10, 2019, 02:33:05 PM

He is old but he is slow.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #76 on: July 10, 2019, 03:18:19 PM

Be fair... his age has never had anything to do with his statuesque movement.  why so serious?

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #77 on: July 10, 2019, 04:19:32 PM

There was a time he was serviceable now he's just washed. He appeared to be a bulk of the problem versus Mexico. In part because he drew the hardest assignment for breaking down their pressure but also because he just looked fucking useless, made bad plays, was a step behind everything and wasn't even making good decisions as far as I could tell.

This could be a halfway decent USMNT this cycle though if someone gets some more brains+balls (who am I kidding). I think we have more useful backline talent than usual. If Bradley can get hurt and we can uncover a competent CDM then I might upgrade my outlook from "gdi we better at least qualify" to "I like our chances to get out of WC group".

-William Gibson
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: July 12, 2019, 04:07:16 AM

How the fuck is Bradley still on this squad. Every fucking game I watch he is just clownshoes.  Replace him with Rose Lavelle.

Love Letters Love Letters Love Letters

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
WayAbvPar

Reply #79 on: July 12, 2019, 03:00:43 PM

There was a time he was serviceable now he's just washed. He appeared to be a bulk of the problem versus Mexico. In part because he drew the hardest assignment for breaking down their pressure but also because he just looked fucking useless, made bad plays, was a step behind everything and wasn't even making good decisions as far as I could tell.

This could be a halfway decent USMNT this cycle though if someone gets some more brains+balls (who am I kidding). I think we have more useful backline talent than usual. If Bradley can get hurt and we can uncover a competent CDM then I might upgrade my outlook from "gdi we better at least qualify" to "I like our chances to get out of WC group".

The entire midfield was garbage against Mexico, but Bradley was definitely the worst of the lot. If you went back and broke down the game minute by minute I would set the over/under at passes that went directly to a Mexican at about 15, and I would probably bet the over. He made a couple of decent challenges that broke up counter-attacks, but overall he was one of the primary reasons they lost that game. Well, him and the utter lack of quality finishes. Sigh.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #80 on: July 12, 2019, 05:01:01 PM

Jordan Morris doesn't look like a starter. Though he did have that pretty great header beyond that he was bleh as fuck. McKinnie you could give a pass to because the whole thing was shambles and he strikes me as more of an attacking mid than anything else. I'm of the fuck that opinion and he's a terrible pairing with Bradley in games versus real opposition seemingly. You can't fault Arriola: that trackback took a goal off the board alone and he was active from box to box and gave everything without being too out of control or stupid. Also fouled a lot of Mexican prickfuck players so bonus points for that. Pulisic is the only player with true class the USMNT has. So yeah Bradley has to go. Keeping Morris for a sub also seems like a solid idea.

I just doubt anyone has the stones to sit Bradley at this point. Which sucks.

-William Gibson
WayAbvPar

Reply #81 on: July 14, 2019, 08:31:13 AM

Jordan Morris needs quality service. He is very good at making slashing, dangerous runs in behind defenses, and is a decent finisher. What he can't do is take on defenders 1v1 (for the most part). If the US had a central midfielder who could complete more than a quarter of their passes, Morris would look a lot better. He plays with Nico Lodeiro in Seattle, who probably makes him look better than he actually is; NL is like a fringe player for Uruguay. That tells you the vast difference in skill between the US and even middling South American sides.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #82 on: July 14, 2019, 08:46:00 AM

Yeah McKinnie has to develop as an individual player /and/ develop a chemistry with idk Tyler Adams? Kellyn Acosta? Someone needs to save this team and it won't be Bradley. Fuck we are hosed, I feel like by 2022 our attack might be exciting. I'm excited as I've ever been about our backline quality but you can't win international games without a strong midfield spine.

-William Gibson
WayAbvPar

Reply #83 on: July 14, 2019, 11:17:08 AM

I honestly think when anyone but Bradley plays holding midfield (hopefully Roldan- that is where he plays for Seattle, even though GB plays him wide), McKinnie will get the touches he needs to affect the game more. He has a nice touch on his over the top balls especially.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer 2018 - 2019  
Jump to: