Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:40:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Conan Exiles  |  Topic: Urban Planning 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Urban Planning  (Read 73162 times)
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: August 10, 2018, 11:11:50 AM

If you're looking for things to craft, I suggest double stacks of foundation blocks with wall torches on the side, braziers on top, and optional wall-mounted signs under the torches (rather than separate standing signs).

I went ahead and did this to blaze a trail from the Dagon obelisk to my base.  Check it out, it's a fun little hike.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I made that run. Dagon is a slumlord. That coastal property is totally going to ruin.

You know what I wish? I wish they had divided up the resources better so that their might be actual reason to trade between us. Right now I think we are all just going and getting whatever we need, instead of mining/harvesting our particular local goods and then running them over to the next region. Once you get north of the barrier you can be pretty much self sufficient for all the upper level stuff.

Do you have access to iron in the jungle there? I'm asking because I snagged a few potions of Set from Trad'R Sam's and wanted to drop something off for them. I mean, it is "Trad'R Sam's" and not "Take What You Want Sam's."
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #106 on: August 10, 2018, 04:06:15 PM

Do you have access to iron in the jungle there? I'm asking because I snagged a few potions of Set from Trad'R Sam's and wanted to drop something off for them. I mean, it is "Trad'R Sam's" and not "Take What You Want Sam's."

I can always use moar bricks.   awesome, for real

also, for those unaware of the story behind the name Trad'r Sam

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: August 11, 2018, 01:59:42 PM

The jungle is kind of a useless appendix to the game overall--I mean, it's visually interesting, but there's almost no unique resources there, especially now that the lizards don't routinely drop volatile glands.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: August 13, 2018, 07:46:17 PM

I have begun building the colusseum.

It is going to be quite gargantuan.

Wish me luck.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #109 on: August 14, 2018, 09:07:23 AM

Good luck.  I've been slowly building a half-assed version of the Pantheon.  Gathering all the mats for this shit is slow going.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: August 14, 2018, 11:17:08 AM

I have begun building the colusseum.

It is going to be quite gargantuan.

Wish me luck.

Maybe Schild could spawn a bunch of monsters in there when you're finished. We could drive in our thralls and watch them get eaten.

Hell, can you make thralls fight each other? We could have actual gladiatorial games...
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #111 on: August 14, 2018, 11:39:41 AM

Tame thralls will definitely fight wild thralls.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: August 14, 2018, 12:56:13 PM

Good luck.  I've been slowly building a half-assed version of the Pantheon.  Gathering all the mats for this shit is slow going.

I posted a pic in discord of the initial rough out of the base of the colusseum. It is not a replica of the roman one (I didn't elongate my "circle" into an oval, probably could/should have but fuck it.)

I think your Pantheon might fit on the main arena floor.  why so serious?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: August 19, 2018, 03:47:29 PM

Spent some time today showing the wife all your various creations.

Some of you, I literally don't know where you get the time, but I'm envious nevertheless.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: August 19, 2018, 06:37:06 PM

So just for the foundations (square/wedge/fence) for the colusseum I will be using:
16,000 Hardened Brick
3,800 Steel Reinforcements
4,200 Shaped Wood

I have not estimated how much the terraces and walls will cost yet.

I guessed I would need at least 100,000 hardened brick last week. I think that was a conservative estimate   ACK!

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #115 on: August 19, 2018, 07:52:24 PM

So just for the foundations (square/wedge/fence) for the colusseum I will be using:
16,000 Hardened Brick
3,800 Steel Reinforcements
4,200 Shaped Wood

I have not estimated how much the terraces and walls will cost yet.

I guessed I would need at least 100,000 hardened brick last week. I think that was a conservative estimate   ACK!

I think my villa at Mounds of the Dead took about 17k hardened brick. I had 5k stockpiled, wasn't nearly enough. I still have some placeholder blackice, just so much easier to make.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: August 19, 2018, 08:40:24 PM

Shaped wood is the part that is going to be my biggest bottleneck I think.

There is a ton of stone nearby to the construction site so I can just make brick as I go. I have enough ichor and twine on hand at the site to make about 20k hardened bricks I think.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: August 19, 2018, 09:24:58 PM

Hardened brick is my bane. That and not having a lot of online time right now.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: August 23, 2018, 09:18:23 PM

The main structure (walls, terraces) of the colusseum is complete and all in marble.

Judging by how many bricks I had to make each day this week after I ran out on the weekend, I think the total number of hardened brick used was around 50,000.

I still have a lot of "finish" work (benches, statuary, braziers) to do but I think it has mostly come out nicely.

Aquilonian gateways are bugged and won't let you attach the long side of a wedge to the inside of the top edge so I had to make "hats" for the gateways which pissed me off. But I'll survive.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: September 08, 2018, 12:06:04 PM

I have mostly completed the Colusseum. Just have to make the armor for my archers/royal guards and clean-up the "work site". Oh, and make/hang some banners and add some braziers in a few spots.

Benches and awnings all around, throne in the royal box, Axe-throwing archers on the pedestals on the arena floor.

Eventually I will populate the stands with some thralls.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: September 08, 2018, 12:35:54 PM

I have mostly completed the Colusseum. Just have to make the armor for my archers/royal guards and clean-up the "work site". Oh, and make/hang some banners and add some braziers in a few spots.

Benches and awnings all around, throne in the royal box, Axe-throwing archers on the pedestals on the arena floor.

Eventually I will populate the stands with some thralls.

So where is this marvel? I want to come see it.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #121 on: September 08, 2018, 01:12:12 PM

It's just north of the unnamed city, southeast of fingerfang rock IIRC.  I added it to the first post.

I've been working on a shopping mall above the Dregs.  If you take a map room to the southernmost obelisk (the one that lights up dark blue on the map) you can't possibly miss it -- or go to the Dregs via the noob river and it's a quick run up the hill.  Haven't outfitted it yet (it's mostly built in sandstone and am converting it to marble now) but the idea is to set it up as a neatly laid out one-stop-shop for all your crafting needs.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: September 08, 2018, 02:20:44 PM

It's actually almost directly outside the West entrance to the city. Take the desert obelisk, head down the stairs and run to about 1 o'clock and once you go over the first set of dunes it will start to appear.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Conan Exiles  |  Topic: Urban Planning  
Jump to: