Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:40:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Conan Exiles  |  Topic: Urban Planning 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Urban Planning  (Read 73216 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

on: June 16, 2018, 06:01:19 PM

Handy game maps:
https://conanexiles.ginfo.gg/  (this is the one with handy grid markers on the map)
https://www.conanexilesmap.com/  (this one has more granular coords and better filtering)

Soln:
  • E14 (possible meth lab)

Rattran:
  • H11 (Map Room and crafting)
  • W22 (Map Room and crafting, wheel on the way to the Derketo trainer)

Mandella:
  • J24 (country house with wheels and crafting)

Chimpy:
  • K13 Castle Dongington, on top of the cliff where the shore turns a corner (map room, wheel)
  • G18 the Coliseum, just north of the unnamed city near the boss scorpion spawn

Rasix
  • K16 Rasix's House

Teleku:
  • K20 (large base with three towers and a map room, good place for noobs to get their bearings)

Shannow (Shan the Shannerian):
  • K21 Fort Rock Hard

Yoru:
  • M18 House of Pain (one of the seven wonders of the world)

Khaldun (Mangwende):
  • M20 (main base just south of the giant croc)

Unowned (catchall for useful outposts that nobody really has a stake on):
  • N19 Black Galleon crossroads (wheel, crafting stations, trebuchet, great spot to camp and collect thralls)

Satael:
  • R16 Satael's Jungle Meadhouse (near the obelisk)

Samwise (Marique):
  • Q21 Cliff House (house and crafting stations on the island, wheels near the NPC spawns in P21)
  • S20 Trad'r Sam's (now a fully operational T2 base with guest beds and a map room)

Schild (Actual Kirsten Dunst):
  • U17 - The Federal Bureau of Brutalism - It's an entire goddamn city of black ice.

Completed routes of the Great Dong Road:

Trad'r Sam's (S20) <-> Mandella Manor (J22) <-> House of Pain (M18) <-> Black Galleon (N19)
Mangwende Manor (M20) <->  Black Galleon (N19) <-> Cliff House (Q21) <-> Trad'r Sam's (S20) <-> Federal Bureau of Brutalism (U17)

Wheel locations for all your thralling needs:
D12 for Cimmerians, in the water south of town
D20 southwest corner for the neutral city
I14 for Nords, on a hill north of their city
K7 for named Thralls near the volcano dungeon
L8 for the other named Thralls in the volcano
L15 north of Freya's hut on the roof of someone's house
N19 at the Black Galleon camp
S20 in the basement of Trad'r Sam's
W22 near the Derketo trainer, just up the hill from Hotel Rattran
X18 near someone's cliffside home right on the beach for pirates
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 01:08:17 PM by Samwise »

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 06:05:00 PM

Basically I don't want to hunt around in Discord or the other thread to find this information so I'ma collect it here.  What I want to know is where people have built settlements and what's there -- both for couchsurfing purposes and so that I can put my next major outpost in an area that's largely unclaimed.  It might also be fun to collaborate on building a fortress somewhere.

So far I've built one little house/workshop setup on a little island in the south river (Q21) but I'm starting to think about starting over and building something more ambitious in some other part of the map.  Currently eyeballing W19 and P19 as possible building sites but curious to hear where other people have built stuff.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 06:37:21 PM

H11 and W22 are where my two building sites are located. H11 I built for easy volcano back entrance access, and W22 was just a nifty looking area.  Both feature an outdoor Map Room, pretty much every crafting station and plenty of open floor space for crashing securely. Someone else put a wheel between W22 and the Derketo trainer, H11 has no wheel.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 07:22:37 PM

I stumbled across Hotel Rattran a while back; I remember wandering all over it with a bound thrall looking for a wheel.   awesome, for real

schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 07:29:24 PM

omg

does conan need a subforum?
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 07:50:18 PM

https://www.conanexilesmap.com/

surely this is better for nearly exact coordinates?

Man, someone needs to dump this into google maps with all the resource/thrall/bullshit info so we can edit it

or we need a server plugin
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 08:09:44 PM

I like the detail on that map but don't like that it lacks labeled axes, meaning that I have to mouse around to find something by its coordinates. 

What I'd really like is a map with different "neighborhoods" or major landmarks marked -- like Xel-Ha and the Black Galleon, stuff that one tends to orient oneself relative to.

schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 08:11:32 PM

just the in-game map, but editable on a server basis would be like, fucking perfect, and I'm not sure why the game doesn't have it
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 08:45:12 PM

J-24 on the map Schild doesn't like, right in the middle on the island. Just a country estate surrounded by palisades, with low level wheels and all crafting stations. If we have any newbies still coming in wouldn't be a bad spot to stop and collect oneself for a minute, except that Segoris' giant brick monstrosity is right across the river and probably has more stuff.

I'm also making a project of linking various major settlements via bridge and torch bearing markers. Since we're all in the same clan I don't think I'm "claim griefing" by doing so, but if I put anything in anybody's way just let me know and I'll destroy it.

Gaming time this week vastly curtailed by the total meltdown of the low latency side of my network, and while the high ping satellite side is okay for building, it truly blows for any sort of combat.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 09:44:25 PM

i taxed segoris a few named thralls for building that section 8 housing right at the entrance
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 10:08:38 PM

I have my... special base on the east side of K20 (basically, right over where the three rivers meet).  If any newbs are starting, I have plenty of space in one of my three forts you are free to setup shop in.  Mess around and level up a bit as you get the hang of the game, as its still in a fairly low level area.  Central to all the desert attractions, about equal distance in all directions:  East is the Black Hand pirate ship, north is the Savannah biome, west is the unknown city, and south is a whole lot of desert filled with cannibals and other horseshit (biggest attraction is "the summoning place", which is an easy jog, with a fast travel obelisk nearby).  Once you level up a bit and get the hang of things, you'll probably want to make your way to castle black dong in the north west for more rapid development.

I live in the tower in the middle, with every crafting station you could want about half way up.  Also have a map room on top of one of the fortresses for fast travel.  Again, any of the three fortresses have room for setting up.  Just like, please don't steal all my shit from the tower.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 10:10:14 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 17, 2018, 02:38:03 PM

Oh snap, a subforum for a Funcom game...2018 is weird.

I have some newbie housing/wheels in southwestern J24 with an outside map. I'll be reducing that down a bit and likely just leaving the map room and guards once my warehouse is setup.

New place - Northern/Central L20 on top of a cliff. No clue what I'm doing with the space, but it's like 20x40 and makes me realize how much I wish we could put dry wood in a grinder to get bark.

I upgraded/placed some wheels down for easy thrall taking and have seen quite a few placed down from others. Here's the wheels I know of:

W22 near the Derketo trainer
X18 near someone's cliffside home right on the beach for pirates
N19 in the southeast corner on the path near the boat for pirates
D20 southwest corner for the neutral city
D12 for Cimmerians, in the water south of town
I14 for Nords, on a hill north of their city
L15 north of Freya's hut on the roof of someone's house
K7 for named Thralls near the volcano dungeon
L8 for the other named Thralls in the volcano

Which reminds me, I keep meaning to put one down for The Den, but whatever.

i taxed segoris a few named thralls for building that section 8 housing right at the entrance

Hah why so serious? Long as it's not my bark or steel I'm good with it.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 17, 2018, 09:10:11 PM

I'm Mangwende in game. My main digs are right near N'batu and the Giant Crocodile in the desert, 2744.1876.

I'm building a northern hangout downriver from the big guild structures near the bridge.

Playtime going to be light in the coming week as I'm on the road.

I put a wheel on one side of the pirate ship; there's another wheel by my northern digs that you could drag a thrall to from the three towers or New Asgard but it's a bit of a haul, I put it up before getting access to the guild stuff. I have a third wheel by Set City on the northern side.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 10:37:23 AM

I decided my next outpost is going to be just a few sectors over from where I am now, sort of halfway to Rattran's and just south of Dagon's Descent, and I'm going to build a highway between that and my current base so I don't need to tie up my bedroll location on suicide-teleportation between the two spots.  Going to build the new structure out of insulated wood since it's in an area with lots of trees and iron.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Managed to build my first bridge yesterday and there was some fun frustration figuring out how to get the pieces to snap together, but I think I've mastered the technique now.  The next thing in my path is a big fucking cliff and I'm debating between building stairs up the side or trying to put together an elevator...

schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: June 18, 2018, 08:24:37 PM

i need an adult

i'm legit building an entire city of houses into the side of this mountain, i'll probably do a little decoration in each one

also in the steppes I'm going to build a monster sanctuary and using the POWER OF ADMIN, spawn all the bosses in cages because rad

edit: next to the massive torture wheel is a chest - in that chest is 100 wooden signs. if you'd like to claim a house when those are done, have at it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 08:31:26 PM by schild »
schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 09:16:52 PM

different view

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 10:35:42 PM

I built my first elevator.

These things could be faster.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 11:12:48 PM

ITT, I learn that Schild is actually a Chinese property developer.  Building massive ghost cities with nobody living in them out in the swamp.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: June 18, 2018, 11:16:56 PM

The Everglades are beautiful this time of year.
schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 08:34:31 PM

i still need an adult, i can't stop building

in other news, there are five houses that aren't decorated in my mountain city

i'm going to decorate them in the next couple days and then move on to building tier 2

one of them features an elevator.

the smallest from the outside is the largest on the inside

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #20 on: June 20, 2018, 03:14:44 PM

I've stayed up the last two nights building a nice torch-marked route (with overpasses and elevators to go over the mountains that I didn't want to go around) between my old base and the one I'm about to start on.  It's giving me the old Minecraft feels and I'm loving it.

Does it make sense to "prototype" foundations in sandstone to figure out what will fit where before I start laying down stonebrick, or do y'all generally just start plopping stuff and see what works?  The area I'm staking out is jungly and hilly so I expect there'll be a few obstacles to work around.

schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: June 20, 2018, 03:23:29 PM

I scout the entire range of where I want to build, and see where the elevation changes are, and then start plopping down. Blowing up shit I JUST put down sucks when you're using black ice, but it's better than having to break down a bunch of shit.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 20, 2018, 04:28:24 PM

I've stayed up the last two nights building a nice torch-marked route (with overpasses and elevators to go over the mountains that I didn't want to go around) between my old base and the one I'm about to start on.  It's giving me the old Minecraft feels and I'm loving it.

Does it make sense to "prototype" foundations in sandstone to figure out what will fit where before I start laying down stonebrick, or do y'all generally just start plopping stuff and see what works?  The area I'm staking out is jungly and hilly so I expect there'll be a few obstacles to work around.

Yep, sandstone blocks and ceiling tiles for spacing too, then bust them back up. It's the only way I know to keep everything lined up.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #23 on: June 21, 2018, 11:23:24 AM

After building a few stonebrick foundations I understand why y'all said thralls are so important.  It didn't matter at all for sandstone since those are 100% hand-crafted but getting a discount on stuff built at crafting stations would speed this up a lot.  Gonna take a little break from building to go hunting at the Black Galleon.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 21, 2018, 11:59:36 AM

One bummer on that is that the smelter never discounts, just speeds up and burns fuel slower.  Because making steel must always be painful.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #25 on: June 21, 2018, 12:48:38 PM

One bummer on that is that the smelter never discounts, just speeds up and burns fuel slower.  Because making steel must always be painful.

That's good to know before I waste too much time on getting a good smelter thrall -- I was really hoping to speed up the process of firing bricks.   Heartbreak

schild
Administrator

Reply #26 on: June 21, 2018, 01:03:11 PM

my city has thralls and crafting stations and free housing

and positively gobs of resources because I'm a maniac
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #27 on: June 21, 2018, 02:20:48 PM

Where is your city again?  Now that I've gotten through the tutorial phase I'm no longer as resistant to twinking myself out with other people's shit.   why so serious?

(edit) oh there it is
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:24:29 PM by Samwise »

schild
Administrator

Reply #28 on: June 21, 2018, 02:26:09 PM

was about to say, it's in the top post

also, I'm not building anymore til i buy the khitai pack tomorrow, so, if you wanna build, have at it, but I wanna see how that shit looks
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #29 on: June 21, 2018, 02:45:19 PM

Oh snap, you're actually closer to my neighborhood than anyone else.  Maybe I'll just continue building my highway northeast until I get to your city.

schild
Administrator

Reply #30 on: June 21, 2018, 02:51:15 PM

Do it. Use black ice foundations. I should have enough insulated wood, black ice and steel reinforcements in the vault on the second floor. Have at it.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 21, 2018, 05:33:34 PM

After building a few stonebrick foundations I understand why y'all said thralls are so important.  It didn't matter at all for sandstone since those are 100% hand-crafted but getting a discount on stuff built at crafting stations would speed this up a lot.  Gonna take a little break from building to go hunting at the Black Galleon.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

And repairs too.

I *always* forget this. I'll be standing right next to the armorer going through and clicking repair on my stuff still in inventory...

sigh......
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #32 on: June 23, 2018, 02:14:33 PM

Added a couple of crafting stations to the Black Ship campsite to make field repairs easier -- sucks to be out thrall hunting and need to go home because your truncheon broke and you forgot to pack leather.  Now I can just use pirate skin.   why so serious?  Got my first named thrall too!

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #33 on: June 23, 2018, 03:07:44 PM

How and where do you get the map coordinates? I haven’t seen that on the 2 stickied maps above.

Edit:  nevermind.  Appears now.  Can we get some map mods working on the server?  I got a message server didn’t support mods.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 03:22:19 PM by Soln »
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #34 on: June 26, 2018, 08:59:15 PM

I've decided to upgrade my original "base" at N21 (mostly because Schild laughed at it). Using the old base at the Bat Tower to gather resources.

Damn do tier 3 buildings take a lot of shit.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Conan Exiles  |  Topic: Urban Planning  
Jump to: