Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:57:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077  (Read 104122 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: December 10, 2020, 05:17:05 PM

Played a few hours.

Didn't notice any bugs.

Game is very pretty - far and away the best rtx implementation I've seen, can't really imagine playing other than stealth/hacking though, and the driving bits are... bad.

Mostly the game feels like a conversation simulator.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: December 10, 2020, 06:57:47 PM

Mostly the game feels like a conversation simulator.

We call those...RPGs. Where have you been for the last 30+ years?

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #247 on: December 10, 2020, 07:26:30 PM

Played about 90min from character creation through the corp intro. Surprisingly, my PS4 is not screaming like it does in other games. Game doesn't look all that bad either to me, but I am not a WARGGGLLL 4K!!! type of person.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: December 11, 2020, 12:52:06 AM

I think one of the reasons others are finding it a bit of a facade, while I have been sucked right in is that I am a major audiophile. I value what I am hearing over what I am seeing for vis a vis immersion. Maybe its the old pen and paper rpger, who played back in his friends parents game room on the pool table.

I'm not saying graphics don't mean shit. they have to meet a minimum standard, enough to get thier message across, which i hear they are not in many cases. But listening to conversations fade in and fade out on the street, to listening to the radio (thank God for the death metal station) has been a treat thus far.

And I know this isn't the politics section: but it is nice playing a game that has something to say. From peoples journal entries on overly private health care, to corporate run armed forces, to people on the street ranting about cybernetics.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: December 11, 2020, 02:30:01 AM

I'm not sure it really has anything to say.

'The sinister global mega-corporations with no apparent motivations or sources of income are bad mmmkay' isn't exactly biting political satire or an insightful opportunity for self reflection.

It definitely has aspirations of being deus ex, but haven't seen anything like augmentation debates from that game.

Early stages though.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 05:00:41 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: December 11, 2020, 07:04:53 AM

No it isn't the greatest political treatise, I'm just commenting on how it actual says something. Rather then duck and hide from any shred of what could be considered a political arguement.

To be clear, I'm not impressed at it because it is saying what I want it to say, but because a place like Night City with this level of technology without politics would be immersion shattering.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 07:06:57 AM by Ashamanchill »

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #251 on: December 11, 2020, 08:12:14 AM

Does anybody know where I can read the "shards" I pick up in the world? They seem to be snippets of lore of different kind. Most of the time I don't want to read them but I may want to explore them later, and I can't find them.

EDIT: Found it. "Shards" tab under Journal.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 08:36:09 AM by Falconeer »

Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: December 11, 2020, 08:22:53 AM

Man the UI is messy. So many submenus to keep track of, and I am just mucking about with the first tutorial trying to get a handle on hacking shit. I'm sure it is part of getting oriented with the new game, but still, there is a ton of info that pops up and still not sure what to focus on and what is just there for show.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: December 11, 2020, 08:38:20 AM

A TON. I haven't felt this overwhelmed by a game and the amount of stimuli it throws at you in what is a clearly chaotic environment in a long time. And yet I think it might be on purpose. It fits the theme.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #254 on: December 11, 2020, 08:39:52 AM

The hacking tutorial is not great. I had some issues with that section. I still don't wholly get the breach mini game. I haven't managed to correctly do a double line hack yet.

I  just now got past the title card. Just a word of warning, 'The Heist' mission is very long. Sucker kept me up later than I wanted to be.

Really enjoying this game and the setting in particular. I'm also pleasantly surprised at the performance I'm getting on my PC with how great it all looks.

-Rasix
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: December 11, 2020, 08:48:47 AM

A TON. I haven't felt this overwhelmed by a game and the amount of stimuli it throws at you in what is a clearly chaotic environment in a long time. And yet I think it might be on purpose. It fits the theme.

Agreed. I have to get used to where the important stuff pops up and what section of the screen I need for what piece I am doing. But still, there is a ton to micromanage which is going to prove to be a huge learning curve for a lot of people I guess.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: December 11, 2020, 12:35:51 PM

Hacking in this game is jank city. Yikes.

Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: December 11, 2020, 01:23:20 PM

Pretty sure Jank City is the first DLC.   why so serious?

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #258 on: December 11, 2020, 02:26:46 PM

The AI won't win any awards but it's not nearly as bad as the reviewers made it seem. It's worst about stealth. It tends to forget you fairly quickly if you play right.

does this mean i can play stealth in this game with way less of the effective prerequisites for stealth in other games (i.e., "rapid and continuous savescumming")
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #259 on: December 11, 2020, 02:44:21 PM

Patch 1.04 is out for PC and PS4/5:

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37043/hotfix-1-04
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: December 11, 2020, 03:03:19 PM

How so? Hacking is super smooth when I play it? If you're having problems with breaches, keep in mind, the timer doesn't start until you make your first selection so you can plan your route. Quick hacking is super easy, just target the enemy, select the hack and then turn off scanning, it'll finish on its own.

The AI won't win any awards but it's not nearly as bad as the reviewers made it seem. It's worst about stealth. It tends to forget you fairly quickly if you play right.

does this mean i can play stealth in this game with way less of the effective prerequisites for stealth in other games (i.e., "rapid and continuous savescumming")

It's like anything else in the game. You're gonna suck at first but after you put some points in it gets much easier. I damned near gave up on stealth then suddenly seemed to get much better at it after putting points in cool and getting some skill level ups.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: December 11, 2020, 03:13:23 PM

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: December 11, 2020, 03:53:19 PM

Welp, downloaded their new patch. Now I literally can't launch the game. Just crashes.

How so? Hacking is super smooth when I play it? If you're having problems with breaches, keep in mind, the timer doesn't start until you make your first selection so you can plan your route. Quick hacking is super easy, just target the enemy, select the hack and then turn off scanning, it'll finish on its own.

It feels like shit to use. On PC I have to hold down weird buttons and go into too many sub menus then wait like 20 seconds for me to distract a guard for a sec. I'm not too worried about it, as I put no points into hacking. It just feels too clunky for me to want to use even in an ancillary way.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: December 11, 2020, 05:28:14 PM

This game is addictive. You sit down for a quick session, ten hours later it's 3am and you have completed exactly one quest.

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #264 on: December 12, 2020, 12:46:51 AM

yeah at every turn it's just feeling like this game is, unsurprisingly, the product of great care and overindulgence in raw depth

i halfway wanted to be able to grouse about it some as the latest AAA disappointment but i mean honestly they need to make more games like how these people made this one (and not be afraid to delay thrice)
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: December 12, 2020, 03:38:33 AM

Welp, downloaded their new patch. Now I literally can't launch the game. Just crashes.

It feels like shit to use. On PC I have to hold down weird buttons and go into too many sub menus then wait like 20 seconds for me to distract a guard for a sec. I'm not too worried about it, as I put no points into hacking. It just feels too clunky for me to want to use even in an ancillary way.

I don't know about the menu stuff. On Console you put the cursor on a bad guy and a list of options pops up. You select one and bam hack starts. Same with various objects in the world you can hack. The 20 seconds thing is probably you making the same mistake I did at the start.

Scan bad guy.
Select hack.
Wait forever for it to load.
Release scan, see what the hack did.

The correct way to do it is:

Scan bad guy.
Select hack.
Stop scanning which slows the game world to a crawl. Watch hack happen in like 2 seconds while you do other stuff.

I can now clear whole areas with nothing but hacking and stealth if I play it right.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: December 12, 2020, 09:33:58 AM

On PC you hold the scan button (which you should map to something on your mouse) hold over the bad dude and the quickhack menu appears.

Not sure what sub menu is being referred to.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: December 12, 2020, 11:35:35 AM

Not sure if anyone missed it, but you can toggle scan mode instead of button hold with caps lock instead of the tab button.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #268 on: December 14, 2020, 07:24:14 AM

Thanks to secret santa, I've got this game. I was a bit worried about playing it on my 970, but it looks fine. Not sure why people are losing their shit. My processor is from 2011, ffs  why so serious? Playing mostly on medium settings, targeting 30fps so I do notice it being a bit sludgy during heavy action, but honestly the music is more distracting than the dips in framerates. I did go through DF's settings guide, but so much of it is not even noticeable, I turned them down lower or off (ambient occlusion, distant shadow geometry, etc). Very playable, especially compared to my cpu getting slaughtered at a heavy POI in Empyrion, which has, em, less graphical fidelity  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

The keybindings are wonky af, though. And I'm still at my dilemma about controls. I prefer GTA-style games with a controller, especially driving...but for 1st person and shooters in particular, I prefer m+k. So I'm using the m+k but driving sucks so bad with a keyboard (shitty driving > shitty shooting). These are honestly my two main complaints (three if you count the obnoxious combat music, but I haven't looked to see if there's a discreet setting to reduce or ditch that).
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: December 14, 2020, 07:53:04 AM

I finished the game last night. Non-spoilery: I really liked the ending I got. It felt fairly fitting for how I played my version of V and had a bit of a melancholic but hopeful vibe that I think fit. From Googling it appears I got the closest thing the game has to a "good" ending.

Specific spoilers:

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: December 14, 2020, 08:04:32 AM

14 hours played now. Once I couldn't loot things anymore, once I was stuck in the Scanner mode graphics. Both vanished after a reboot.

Maybe I was lucky, maybe the people making out CDPR to be the new Bethesda are exaggerating a little, maybe the bugs will come later in the game. Doesn't really matter to me, though. I loved the old Bethesda games as well, bugs and all.

Better this than a bugless borefest.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: December 14, 2020, 08:10:24 AM

The keybindings are wonky af, though. And I'm still at my dilemma about controls. I prefer GTA-style games with a controller, especially driving...but for 1st person and shooters in particular, I prefer m+k. So I'm using the m+k but driving sucks so bad with a keyboard (shitty driving > shitty shooting). These are honestly my two main complaints (three if you count the obnoxious combat music, but I haven't looked to see if there's a discreet setting to reduce or ditch that).
This is my biggest problem with playing GTA and the thing I'm most worried about here; I only scratched the surface of the tutorial and haven't had to drive so far, but I hope it isn't as bad as it was in GTA.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #272 on: December 14, 2020, 08:57:17 AM

I've gotten used to the driving. I prefer getting around on a motorcycle, but had an interesting bug where I got my bike stuck in a guard rail.  Luckily you can just go a little bit away and summon it.

Having a lot of fun with this still. Game is also performing rather well on my system (1070 TI) and load times are super short.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #273 on: December 14, 2020, 09:30:01 AM

The Nomad background made me think of Deacon St John from Days Gone, so I'm roleplaying some weird mashup where Deke is the protagonist in this game and making my choices according to how I played that game. I wish he could have the colors with the nomad tag on a jacket, though.

My initial thought was to go for a corp ninja hacker, hope the game is good enough to revisit for the GOTY version with better hardware and explore that playstyle. As it is, guns blazing is the way.

One question: is there a light? Lots of dark scenes where I literally can't see where I'm going. Not sure if that's intended or just my tv crushing the darks (or both), but coming from janky ol Empyrion where I have both a helmet lamp and nightvision...weird to be a cyborg that can't even see in a dimly lit corner...
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #274 on: December 14, 2020, 10:06:32 AM

You can, in theory, use both -- controller for driving and M+K for the rest.

One question: is there a light? Lots of dark scenes where I literally can't see where I'm going. Not sure if that's intended or just my tv crushing the darks (or both), but coming from janky ol Empyrion where I have both a helmet lamp and nightvision...weird to be a cyborg that can't even see in a dimly lit corner...
There's a gamma slider (that's labeled backwards, higher gamma values mean things are "brighter", CP2077 has it the other way around).
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #275 on: December 14, 2020, 10:14:01 AM

Maybe I was lucky, maybe the people making out CDPR to be the new Bethesda are exaggerating a little, maybe the bugs will come later in the game. Doesn't really matter to me, though. I loved the old Bethesda games as well, bugs and all.
Sony started offering refunds for digital purchases of the game a few days ago which is very very rare. That's how buggy, crash prone, and poor performing the console versions are. The PC version is buggy but rarely crashes, at least, and the graphic settings can be tweaked enough to get okay performance.

Edit: is
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 01:17:25 PM by Trippy »
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #276 on: December 14, 2020, 10:21:55 AM

I've gotten used to the driving. I prefer getting around on a motorcycle, but had an interesting bug where I got my bike stuck in a guard rail.  Luckily you can just go a little bit away and summon it.
Yeah I like the motorcycles better. They seem to induce less vertical "camera snapping" that cars/trucks trigger and they are much easier to powerslide* to make those >=90 degree turns that show up way too late on the minimap and should really be displayed in your view as a HUD given the game is 50 years in the future and you have ocular implants. They are also easier to weave in and out of the remarkably sparse traffic given the size and supposed density of Night City. Also Wakako Okada's motorcycle for purchase is cool looking and has some nifty sound effects.

Edit: * To clarify doing a powerslide isn't actually easier to trigger on motorcycles but because they are a lot smaller, when you powerslide you are less likely to slam into something or worse somebody and trigger an instantaneous NCPD response and chase.

Edit 2: the sport bike linked above also feels like it has much better brakes making it easier to make sharp slide turns.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 10:32:23 AM by Trippy »
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: December 14, 2020, 10:24:45 AM

Playing on an original PS4 and have had a few snags here and there, but overall:
  • lower graphics - quality is similar to looking at HD vs soap opera. PS4 is the soap opera. not game breaking for me, but YMMV
  • graphics will pop in and out - with all the stuff, I can understand
  • 3 hard crashes after long play sessions - couple hours and transitions to new area will end in a sony bug report screen
  • controls go fucky at times when going in and out of the menus in a busy area - clears up without reboot...feels like it is lagged out in the menu after exiting it.
  • settings reset to default - this one bugs me the most since I have tailored things the way I like and poof.... everything is back to default. Can't nail down how to stop it. Save game, main menu exit, sometimes gets reset. PS button to close app out, settings reset more often. really odd.
  • really needs 3rd person option, not just in a vehicle

Game is fun for what it is. I am avoiding the main story and having a blast just moving about the area practicing best approaches and trying stuff out.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: December 14, 2020, 10:24:56 AM

I can't help thinking that as 'wow cool city' is the game's main thing, the ultra rtx marketing means you really aren't getting what was advertised unless you have at lest a 20 series PC.

It is an OK rpg without it, but just not the thing that was being sold.

I'm a few missions in now, and thinking it might be time to stop until they make the game better.

It is fun but unremarkable once you've stopped thinking of it as a tech demo.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: December 14, 2020, 11:10:13 AM

That gamma slider is your best bet. One thing I noticed, it has the usual "adjust until the image on the left is barely visible." By default, the image on the left is completely hidden from view so the game defaults to darker than what the gamma slider suggests. Trust me, you're gonna want to fix it. There are a few missions where you'll just be stumbling around in the dark if you don't.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Cyberpunk 2077  
Jump to: