Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:36:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - From Software 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - From Software  (Read 50636 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: June 10, 2018, 01:45:27 PM

Here's the long awaited trailer and reveal. Let me be the first to say MEH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGPknmiLxGo

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 01:56:44 PM

Is that basically a Samurai themed Dark Souls? Looks good to me.

Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 01:59:05 PM

definitely want this one.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 02:09:23 PM

This looks fucking great, says the guy who never cared about dark souls because it wasn't demons souls.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 02:25:03 PM

That looks cool, but the fact that it's a Souls game has me hesitating. I'm getting more of an Onimusha vibe than anything else from that trailer; if it isn't dickpunchingly hard I might pick it up.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 02:45:04 PM

oh right, e3. lol.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 02:56:07 PM

I'll get it but I don't like it. Too sunny. I am serious.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 03:00:51 PM

So, a Nioh clone why so serious?
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 03:08:42 PM

Doesn't seem quite like a Souls game. A little faster paced, especially with that jumping and grappling and not really much indication yet of gear customization.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 02:42:14 AM

Rumors (many of which have already been validated) indicate that co-op is heavily limited and only in certain areas and PvP is "possess a monster" kind of stuff, similarly limited. If so, then this is one of those "one playthrough and I'm done" games.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 07:16:16 AM

I'll get it but I don't like it. Too sunny. I am serious.
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 12:17:04 PM

Ghost of tsuhima shown and nioh 2 revealed to give us a full samurai fighting experience.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 03:59:58 PM

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 05:26:09 PM

Lost all interest.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 06:27:03 PM

Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 10:16:49 PM

After five games I think it might actually be a good thing that its not a soulsborne game.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 12:18:43 PM

Sekiro gameplay

Edit by Trippy: major boss/encounter spoilers in this video watch at your own spoilage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTRuIDPtfm8
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 08:31:41 AM by Trippy »

schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: March 06, 2019, 12:19:50 PM

this is the most demon's souls looking title from them since demon's souls

day one
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 06:54:26 PM

Huh? Also jesus spoilers.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 06, 2019, 10:11:35 PM

Woah, what? Stealthy Japanase ninja souls game, and it is coming out in two weeks?  FUCK YEAH.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 07, 2019, 02:07:36 AM

Huh? Also jesus spoilers.

Right? I linked it here, but I did NOT watch it. Heh.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 07, 2019, 02:45:50 AM

That came out the blue.  Love the souls and loved the Nioh, so this looks like a rather spiffy funtime.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 07, 2019, 02:53:47 AM

I had to stop watching it after 3 or 4 minutes, because it was too good to be ruined by spoilers.  Minor one here:
But no shit, talk about out of the blue.  For me anyway.  DO WANT.  The great thing here is that I don't have to wait hardly at all. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 07, 2019, 04:14:48 AM

On further investigation, it seems to lack a fair few things though ;  no multiplayer, upgrading or stats ?

The combat better feel shit hot.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 07, 2019, 04:30:01 AM

Doh, really?  I can live without the multiplayer, but...what am I going to do with all the souls of the dead I've collected?  They gotta have some analog.  Must investigate.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #25 on: March 07, 2019, 07:23:30 AM

You get XP and currency killing things. XP is used to unlock stuff in skill trees and the currency is used to buy items and consumables. There are no stats, leveling and no armor or additional primary weapons (you only have your katana in your right hand). There are multiple attachments including weapons and a shield you can switch between for your prosthetic left arm.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 07, 2019, 07:36:56 AM

I was really worried about the dumbing down in Bloodborne and for good reasons. Fortunately the whole game was so good that I quickly forgot about it. I can only hope something similar will happen here, where the dumbing down has been multiplied tenfold, although unlike Bloodborne's the setting is really not one of my favourites. If the game is fun I'll play it, but I am ready for a new Souls game and I am not sure this is it.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 07, 2019, 08:08:13 AM

Is stealth a thing in it? Or is it strictly dodge/roll/block Souls combat?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #28 on: March 07, 2019, 08:16:31 AM

I was really worried about the dumbing down in Bloodborne and for good reasons. Fortunately the whole game was so good that I quickly forgot about it. I can only hope something similar will happen here, where the dumbing down has been multiplied tenfold, although unlike Bloodborne's the setting is really not one of my favourites. If the game is fun I'll play it, but I am ready for a new Souls game and I am not sure this is it.
How was Bloodborne dumbed down? And no this is not the next Soulsborne game you were looking for.

Is stealth a thing in it? Or is it strictly dodge/roll/block Souls combat?
Stealth is a big part of the game, as well as vertical traversal.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 07, 2019, 08:44:11 AM

How was Bloodborne dumbed down? And no this is not the next Soulsborne game you were looking for.

Less stats. Also the dumbening was in the ability to perform one last dodge even when you didn't have enough endurance for it, but what I was referring to was the huge cuts to stats and itemization.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: March 07, 2019, 10:08:53 AM

You get XP and currency killing things. XP is used to unlock stuff in skill trees and the currency is used to buy items and consumables. There are no stats, leveling and no armor or additional primary weapons (you only have your katana in your right hand). There are multiple attachments including weapons and a shield you can switch between for your prosthetic left arm.

Ah, there are skill trees ?  That conflicts with my understanding, so that's good.

I'd read about the arm stuff, but it seemed light.

EDIT :  Watched more video.  The Snake.  Nope.  Nope right the fuck out.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:17:42 AM by Ironwood »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: March 21, 2019, 11:03:00 AM

This comes out tomorrow for regular humans, but a lot of folks got it one day ahead and plenty of reviews are already out with very high scores. So far, and interestingly enough, the lowest scores come from IGN Japan which only gives it an 8 out of 10 where everyone else is giving it 9 or above. Biggest Japanese criticisms are about a lack of variety in enemies and maps.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #32 on: March 21, 2019, 11:09:16 AM

I'd probably pick this up if the Grim Dawn expansion weren't coming out in a week. Also I actually feel a bit burned out on Souls games.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 22, 2019, 01:09:05 AM

I can't figure out if I am going to jump on this now or not.  Would like more info, particularly about how Soulsy it is or isn't (or maybe about how much of a Technu successor it might be) and also hearing some grumblings about controller compatability that might need sorting. 

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: March 22, 2019, 01:26:48 AM

Making the ps4 controller work on Steam took me 5 minutes and a Google search, but it jow works flawlessly. Most of the grumbling is from idiots who gave up after 5 seconds.

The game teaches you how to stealth within the first 60 seconds, so it is safe to say that it doesn't feel that much "soulsy" to me so far. Which is something that was clarified here a while ago.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - From Software  
Jump to: