Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:52:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Fallout 76 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fallout 76  (Read 98059 times)
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

on: May 30, 2018, 08:06:04 AM

Teaser trailer for Fallout 76 dropped today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 08:14:34 AM

Fallout 76

I'm expecting something like this:
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 08:36:46 AM

Since 76 was one of the control Vaults and not deliberately sabotaged by Vault-Tec, I'm sure everything went fine and we are in for a game of "Utopia Walking Simulator".  awesome, for real
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 09:11:17 AM

Is the voice-over Jonathan Frakes?

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 09:20:34 AM

Since 76 was one of the control Vaults and not deliberately sabotaged by Vault-Tec, I'm sure everything went fine and we are in for a game of "Utopia Walking Simulator".  awesome, for real

Naw, I expect it to be a rebuild and survive thing rather than world exploration

but that's fine because one appalachian vista is the same as the next one
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 10:10:05 AM

It's multiplayer so I expect it to be a bit of a Overawatch, a bit of a Battle Royale, and a bit of Mario Kart.

I am interested by default, but I am not too hopeful for some reason.

schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 10:15:03 AM

I wanna build dongtown
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 10:42:33 AM

It's multiplayer so I expect it to be a bit of a Overawatch, a bit of a Battle Royale, and a bit of Mario Kart.

I am interested by default, but I am not too hopeful for some reason.
Where'd you hear that it was multiplayer?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 11:04:07 AM

Kotaku seems to be the source for the multiplayer claims. We'll find out June 10
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 12:56:19 PM

Rumors floating all over reddit that its going to be online base building a la RUST/Conan?etc.

I'm not sure what I think about that.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 01:18:53 PM

i mean that's exactly what i want after playing conan exiles

but more exiles and less any of those other games
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 01:34:34 PM

Fallout 76

I'm expecting something like this:

That was my thought too. I loved that game and its sequel.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 02:03:32 PM

guys i hate to break it to you but they're probably going to make a game that will make money in 2018/19
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 02:15:03 PM

Fallout Online. You heard it here first. Dibs on the Super Mutant Class.

Hic sunt dracones.
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 02:57:58 PM

"Integrated Online functionality" is going to turn out to mean "no mods except thru Creation Club"

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 03:21:13 PM

I think this is definitely going to be Conan Exiles but Fallout if Kotaku can be believed. That could actually be pretty cool if you think about it and if they do it well. I also doubt mods will only be creation club. They'll keep pushing that shit but they've learned that the fanbase will rise up if they don't allow "real" mods. They've actually got a real reason to do it since Conan Exiles does and the last thing they want is to see news stories about Funcom taking over the mod friendly space online or something.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 05:00:06 PM

It makes sense. The base building component from 4 likely gave them a very solid foundation for porting those ideas into a multiplayer framework. It has potential to be one of the best versions of these games, if it turns out to be in that style. The 'new' mmo games.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 02:54:46 PM

It's Bethesda though, they will screw it up.
schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 02:55:27 PM

I mean they probably won't screw it up? They generally succeed in what they're trying to do though it doesn't speak at all to the actual quality of the design itself.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 05:49:01 PM

Fallout Online. You heard it here first. Dibs on the Super Mutant Class.
I don't think they've had the time or devoted the resources to that.

I'm thinking a more expanded settlement system (with fewer settlements, perhaps even one, but with a lot more to build and create), which is pretty unique to you (and perhaps people you invite), and then either solo or group "raids" into the very dangerous wastelands for salvage and loot.

And by "raids" I mean "4 person teams, built around console limitations".
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 06:20:01 PM

I hope the multiplayer crap is optional. I don't do multiplayer with strangers anymore.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 12:34:50 PM

Harumph. Bit annoyed with teaser trailers getting the youtubers all horny and speculating.  Need real info.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 06:35:21 PM

So this appeared on r/Fallout.

Quote from: r/Fallout
Hi. I'm Jason Schreier, from Kotaku. I had forgotten how... passionate the Fallout community can get. After I reported on Fallout 4's existence in 2013, people here first spent two years calling me a liar, and then when it was confirmed, they just yelled at me for "spoiling the surprise." But hey, I'm also a big fan of the series, and in fact may or may not have just started replaying Fallout 4 on my PC in the wake of this week's news.

I've seen a lot of rage and confusion (and denial) on this subreddit so I just wanted to chime in to say a couple of things. One is that, after publishing my story, I heard from a few other sources (in addition to the three mentioned in the article) corroborating that Fallout 76 is an online game. If you're really still in denial, I guess you can wait until June 10, but hey, don't say I didn't tell you.

The second thing is that I'm very optimistic about this game. The buzz I'm hearing (both first- and second-hand) is that it's really cool, interesting, and just as story-focused as any other Bethesda Game Studios game. It might have multiplayer and base-building, but hey, it's still a Fallout game. I don't want to drive hype for a game I haven't seen or played, but I also don't want people to be so closed-minded that they spend the next nine days freaking out every day on Reddit because this game isn't going to be like the last three.

I mean, how many of you remember when hardcore Fallout fans flipped a shit because Bethesda was making a first-person shooter?

I think that in retrospect I shouldn't have tweeted that anyone expecting a traditional single-player Fallout will be "very disappointed" -- really, I should have said that they'll be very surprised. I wanted (and still want) to make sure people's expectations are calibrated accordingly.

Short version: Yes, Fallout 76 is going to be a multiplayer RPG. No, that's not automatically a bad thing. Just like all of you, I'm stoked to see the game on June 10, and I'm optimistic that it's going to be really cool.

(PS - Special shoutout to those of you who AREN'T sending me nasty and antisemitic messages on Twitter!)

Seems the community had a predictably Internet reaction to the news that the next Fallout game is going to change things up a bit.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 06:56:23 PM

It's Bethesda though, they will screw it up.
Eh?  Bethesda has been one of the few game companies I can think of to constantly put out a good product.  What don’t you like?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 01, 2018, 07:26:18 PM

Eh?  Bethesda has been one of the few game companies I can think of to constantly put out a good product.  What don’t you like?

Not directed at me, but...

The fact that their games tend to be among the buggiest games ever produced and overly reliant on the modding community to not only make right, but flesh out and into an actual game? I like a lot of their games but the idea of a multiplayer Fallout has me at zero interest. Granted, I'm not really into multiplayer anything these days, but even more so considering the people behind it.

Hell, Fallout 4, as an example for how they build games lately. Bad design decision after bad design decision on top of the usual Bethesda bug ridden mess.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 09:38:24 AM by Ceryse »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 02, 2018, 01:24:15 AM

I will admit Fallout 4 felt like a by the books low effort....effort.  Still, it had some unique mechanics that many people enjoyed, and was by no means a bad game if you enjoy Fallout games.  On a personal note, I’ve never ran into any sort of bugs in any of there games that got in the way of myself having fun.  Like, I’ll see something wierd like a graphics bug or a guy dying in some wierd position that’s obviously a bug.  But l just laugh at that and keep moving.

I pretty much have played all of the Bethesda games unmodded and have enjoyed them.  I tried a bunch of mods on Skyrim after playing through it for the X’teenth time, which was a lot of fun, but I’d already but over a hundred hours into it before that.

So while I’m sure your criticisms are probably valid since I hear so many people repeat them, they’ve just personally never really effected me.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 02, 2018, 02:03:12 AM

Playing F4 pretty much unmodded bar the unofficial patch, and enjoying it.

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #27 on: June 02, 2018, 04:55:45 AM

Fallout 4 is fantastic.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 02, 2018, 06:10:01 AM

A week or so ago I actually started up a Fallout 3 game. I'm having so much fun I may go back to Fallout 1 or 2 next.
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #29 on: June 02, 2018, 11:39:54 PM

A week or so ago I actually started up a Fallout 3 game. I'm having so much fun I may go back to Fallout 1 or 2 next.

I started a series replay (skipping 3 for reasons) a couple of weeks ago. Up to New Vegas now, but I had sooo much fun rediscovering the 2D ones. 1 was a bit annoying interface-wise (so many small things they fixed in the sequel), but 2 held up great especially with high res support patched in.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 03, 2018, 04:27:09 AM

I may be the only person, but I actually really liked Fallout Tactics.  Played the hell out of that back in the day.

-Stephen Colbert
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 03, 2018, 10:02:13 AM

Yeah, I've liked all the Fallout games, and don't remember hitting a game breaking bug in any of them. Also, the modding community is a feature, not a failing.

I would like to slam this next one for "following the current fad" or whatever, but the fact is I love the fad. I just spent two evenings in Conan Exiles trying to get the roof of my manor house just right, and I'm already imagining how fun it's going to be using Fallout style building blocks to make my own post apocalyptic fort.

Looking forward to the F13 server!
schild
Administrator

Reply #32 on: June 03, 2018, 10:11:40 AM

Yeah I'm hoping this is as close to Conan exiles as possible
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 03, 2018, 11:54:38 AM

Conan Exiles as a Bethesda Fallout game server is as close to Nirvana as I can imagine right now. 

Which means it wont happen.  But hey, dreams.

-Stephen Colbert
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #34 on: June 03, 2018, 02:09:08 PM

If it's online I wonder how it'll even work. I mean, is it seriously going to be the NotGamebryo engine? That fucking piece of shit they have can't even stay stable or behave right for a single player title.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Fallout 76  
Jump to: