Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:07:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Conan Exiles  |  Topic: Dedicated Server - Bat Country 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dedicated Server - Bat Country  (Read 79851 times)
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #70 on: June 06, 2018, 08:02:00 PM

Mandella: I approve of the firepit  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  Grab yourself an extra thrall or two out of the box at the House of Pain (yeah, I’m generous with stuff what ain’t mine...)

Now I’m wondering if it’s possible to build a treehouse around one of the big permanent trees....

I couldn't build around the tree behind the house, but I built close enough to have a roof-ramp go to the spiral ramp around the tree for access.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: June 06, 2018, 08:35:00 PM

Are there NPCs by the Sexy God Trainer? I didn't find any while I was wandering around there. Just a bunch of apes.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: June 06, 2018, 09:04:31 PM

Mandella: I approve of the firepit  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  Grab yourself an extra thrall or two out of the box at the House of Pain (yeah, I’m generous with stuff what ain’t mine...)

Now I’m wondering if it’s possible to build a treehouse around one of the big permanent trees....

Pretty sure I've seen online postings other places with treehouses built in the big trees.

Wish I could sit some thralls down in the chairs, but then I guess they'd be less thralls and more dinner guests...
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #73 on: June 07, 2018, 05:54:01 AM

Are there NPCs by the Sexy God Trainer? I didn't find any while I was wandering around there. Just a bunch of apes.

Yep, 2 named fighters, 2 named archers, named carpenter, named armorer, 2 named performers that I've seen so far. With the usual 1-3 drek. Usually 1 named up at any time at least, most often Mei the Blade. They all spawn in the thrall group right around the Derketo trainer. Otherwise it's various apes and chickens, with lizard-rhinos and spiders south across the water.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 01:37:54 PM by rattran »
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #74 on: June 07, 2018, 12:54:12 PM

My wife built that House of Pain, and the Box o' Slaves is a public service. Grab anything you like from there.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Also, if there's anything you want me to watch for on my slaving runs of the Black Galleon, just lemme know. I usually only take named slaves, now that the HoP has named/grade-3 thralls on all stations, but I can capture anything I come across if you need one.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 12:56:00 PM by Yoru »
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #75 on: June 07, 2018, 12:55:13 PM

There should be some that spawn in the Pagoda itself. There's two really nice named NPCs that spawn there on the reg.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: June 07, 2018, 01:18:10 PM

My wife built that House of Pain, and the Box o' Slaves is a public service. Grab anything you like from there.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Also, if there's anything you want me to watch for on my slaving runs of the Black Galleon, just lemme know. I usually only take named slaves, now that the HoP has named/grade-3 thralls on all stations, but I can capture anything I come across if you need one.

I've got named for all my stations, I swing by every now and then looking for named entertainers for the Robot Pirate Island dance hall but that's really all i'm looking for.

The "Treehouse of Horrors" is coming along nicely.  It's got a wheel of pain, now it just needs a BBQ and some comfy lawn furniture.  And dancers.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 03:11:31 PM by Polysorbate80 »

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #77 on: June 07, 2018, 10:49:06 PM

I made it to Castle Black Dong.  It was an epic run.  Only closest to early EQ zone crossings.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: June 09, 2018, 08:00:48 AM

I've got named for all my stations, I swing by every now and then looking for named entertainers for the Robot Pirate Island dance hall but that's really all i'm looking for.

If you go near my bedroll in BlackDong (bedroll with 3 chests next to it), I left an extra Imiu of Derkheto there.

For Black Dong, I upgraded the smelters and armorers, and left some extra high priests and others in the crafting area out front if anyone needs.

If anyone sees any named carpenters or tanners I could get I'd appreciate it, I can't seem to find those at all after a week at the boat and swamp. Rayne, Sigyn, Valenso, and Inigo just don't like spawning for me.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #79 on: June 09, 2018, 09:12:14 AM

Derketo trainer has ?poscore nimblefingers? a carpenter who spawns right next to the trainer, should be an extra in the box there, along with a spare named tanner from the volcano well.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: June 09, 2018, 11:10:29 AM

As much as I like that area, unless it's a Mei then i tend to have bad luck there. Your new hotel is looking good though Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Thanks for the Firis, looks like someone got the Poscore first so it's still farming time for a carpenter.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: June 10, 2018, 09:58:47 AM

Pretty sure it's just my crappy internet connection (which gets even more crappy in the summertime) but is anybody else having major lag and connection issues? Especially the find a server screen -- that one can take minutes to populate, and yes I have Bat Country favorited.
schild
Administrator

Reply #82 on: June 10, 2018, 11:05:57 AM

Game needs to be patched, bad.
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: June 10, 2018, 11:28:17 PM

We need like a map.  To see where everyone lurks.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #84 on: June 11, 2018, 11:37:58 AM

I found my way over to Hotel Rattran while trying to find the Derketo trainer.  I'm pretty much due west from there, on an island in that river.

Is the general idea with those massive NPC settlements to just bring a giant brute squad of thralls with you so you don't have to fight them 5v1?

Similarly, does equipping a thrall with a truncheon to have them help knock out other NPCs not work?  I gave that whirl last night (I have one fighter thrall but haven't successfully captured any more because they're always too tough for me to knock out) and my thrall just ran around helplessly while I got my ass kicked by a dude with a hammer.  My current thinking is to just gear up on heavy armor now that I've figured out where the iron is but curious if there are any other tricks.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: June 11, 2018, 01:04:29 PM

I can't get thralls to follow me any more anyhow so I'm not sure if they are ever useful.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #86 on: June 11, 2018, 01:06:58 PM

So is managing the giant mobs a matter of just gearing/statting up and swinging a big axe around (and trying to save the one you want to capture, if any, for last)?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: June 11, 2018, 01:25:31 PM

You’re limited to 1 thrall following at a time, except for those times when it’s broken and you can’t have any.

Getting a t2/t3 truncheon helps, as does the first strength perk.

I haven’t tried equipping them with a truncheon—no idea if it works.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #88 on: June 11, 2018, 02:06:04 PM

The best use I've found for thralls that follow is the bearers hauling 500 extra stone around while gathering materials. Otherwise, their combat AI is too bad to be considered for anything other than defense, and defense only by sheer weight of numbers. I'd never try to drag thralls along for offensive combat duty.

As for taking on the giant hitpoint sponge mobs that are the bosses, best tactics we've found so far have been to kite them with Set snake arrows and/or run them around until they get stuck on some world geometry and poke the fuck out of them before kiting them with more arrows and the occasional asspoke to keep them interested. It's hella fun to pull the dragons from the unnamed city to the oasis outside Muriela's Hope and have them fight with the giant boss rhino while whittling them down with arrows and the aforementioned ass pokes.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: June 11, 2018, 02:12:46 PM

Only problem with using the thralls to help haul is that they aren't real nimble footed. Lost one of my early haulers off a stair, although I did manage to loot that sweet medieval style backpack off his crumpled body.

Of course, now the thrall I was storing it on refuses to let me back into his inventory, or pay any attention to me at all now. I'm told it's a known bug from having thralls before you join a clan.

In other news, might not be on much (I know, what shall you all do?) as I managed to burn out an amplifier in my network leaving me with only high latency satellite for the next week or so until I can get some replacement parts in.

Been having fun building roads and bridges connecting the various settlements though, which I can mostly safely do while laggy as hell.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #90 on: June 11, 2018, 03:32:11 PM

I remember there was some kind of badass subway system on the f13 Minecraft server.  There isn't any way to soup up those horizontal elevators, is there?   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

schild
Administrator

Reply #91 on: June 11, 2018, 03:32:57 PM

I might be able to speed them up in admin
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #92 on: June 11, 2018, 03:59:59 PM

Researching more it sounds like they don't scale up, so you can't build a single lift that takes you across the continent.  Oh well.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: June 11, 2018, 04:07:33 PM

Pretty sure you can change mods on a server on the fly, and some have been made for speeding up/improving elevators if you want to go that route.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1324303866&searchtext=elevator
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1273419074&searchtext=elevator
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1108556675&searchtext=elevator

Also, boss HP mods seem like they'd be awesome to make those 40-60k hp bosses not be a snooze fest for a small 10person server where we cap around 5 concurrent users at a time that I have seen.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1387330216&searchtext=boss
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1391398332&searchtext=boss

schild
Administrator

Reply #94 on: June 11, 2018, 04:30:40 PM

I am happy to install any mods people would like they also don't suck. I'd kill for a map mod that showed where people were as well as markers for houses somehow
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: June 11, 2018, 05:11:25 PM

Map grid with coordinates is about as close as I can find for in-game location communication, and would not mind this being turned on.  Outside of the game, maybe for discord pinned sites, there is a shared map using Google API.

As for other mods, I'd be down for faster elevators, it's a PVE server so an elevator going faster isn't going to change anything.

The boss HP mod I'd like but would not mind if others want it it off as it does change the game a good bit (even if it is in a good way and is more like a fix for this game than anything).

I'm not a fan of things like unlimited encumberance, stam, stack size, etc though.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: June 11, 2018, 07:25:27 PM

The bosses are right now pretty tedious, yeah. I just messed around with the giant spider in the desert and it couldn't really kill me unless I stopped trying but it would have taken me about an hour + to whittle it down to death.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #97 on: June 12, 2018, 08:56:08 AM

I've been playing on a server with my RL friends. We added 2 mods - LT's Compass and Minimap (little minimap with compass directions and coordinates on it) and Pickup+ (allows you to pickup a piece you've created like a crafting station or wall) and put it in your inventory without dismantling it, so you can move all your crafting stations without having to rebuild them. I've looked and the only one I saw that had map markers for your clan mates was Pippi User and Server Management and they disabled the map options so we don't use it.

Our second Purge hit the server last night. One of my buddies had decided to build a base out of sandstone right next to the obelisk at the Mounds of the Dead. That was the place the purge picked and it was intense. Waves of 2 groups of 4-5 naked T3 Cimmerians (archers and fighters) coming at the building with hate in their hearts. They weren't normal T3's either, as they could pop me with 2-3 hits (I'm level 57 with over 400 hp in heavy armor). It took a concerted effort of 4 of us with gaseous orbs (wearing a sandstorm mask protects you from the gas) whittling them down. I came in late and still saw something like 5 waves and died 3 times. I don't know how the purge picks its location but if it's in the right place it can be devastating. His building had luckily only been built two days prior which meant he didn't have hardly any thralls protecting it and he chose a bad spot.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: June 12, 2018, 09:48:32 AM

There are Purges?

I've actually deliberately built my manor down on the Newbie River in Dong Country. I'm hoping all the savages go north to hit the more populated forts, since my little place wouldn't hold up to any kind of concerted assault.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #99 on: June 12, 2018, 01:00:48 PM

Purges in the newbie zone are Tier 1 level mobs - hyenas and I think some werehyenas. Mounds of the dead was Tier 3.

Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: June 12, 2018, 01:15:40 PM

There seems to be several poor or not well updated map apps out there.  This seemed the best to me:  https://www.conanexilesmap.com.  Are there others?

Also, is death/rez and obelisks the only way to fast travel?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #101 on: June 12, 2018, 02:21:06 PM

That one looks like the best one I've seen and we've looked at many. Death/rez and obelisks are the only fast travel, though there are some portals at the Temple of Frost that look like they are either going to be travel portals or portals to dungeons that haven't been added to the game yet.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: June 12, 2018, 02:42:17 PM

I'm having problems with combat on Bat Country.  I can craft, gather and build fine but all the animals and npc's seem to be standing still and don't react when I attack until they either disappear or I can't see them attacking me back.
schild
Administrator

Reply #103 on: June 12, 2018, 03:08:58 PM

rebooting it

game needs a patch, badly
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: June 12, 2018, 07:08:06 PM

There seems to be several poor or not well updated map apps out there.  This seemed the best to me:  https://www.conanexilesmap.com.  Are there others?

Also, is death/rez and obelisks the only way to fast travel?

I don't know the answers to any of that, but Soln I just wanted to tell you that while you are free to crash out at the base of my Mitra shrine anytime, feel free to just come inside too.

awesome, for real

I really should put in a guest room.

Also as a general question, are we immune to sandstorms while logged out/asleep? I assume we're not free from animal attack, but I notice people crashed out here and there exposed to the elements.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Conan Exiles  |  Topic: Dedicated Server - Bat Country  
Jump to: