Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 13, 2018, 03:13:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Alita: Battle Angel 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alita: Battle Angel  (Read 3096 times)
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 24, 2018, 06:38:50 PM

Interest peaked before the "full" trailer was released.  Who knew dialogue and shitty YJ emo-pop music will kill any hope this adaption will be good.

If bored and want something to read click here -> http://memiorsofatroll.wordpress.com/
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 25, 2018, 06:27:41 PM

Just to shit on the eyes a bit more, nobody else has the anime sex doll eyes in the movie. Would have made slightly more passable sense if there was at least one other damn critter. AI2: Salvage Job

Paelos: Somebody find that post where I declared Seattle dead, because those fuckers are NFL cockroaches in the NFC.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #37 on: July 25, 2018, 08:39:49 PM

But she’s “special”/“one of a kind”/so on and so forth.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 25, 2018, 09:26:22 PM

So give her blue skin or something. Anything would have been better than that shit.

I guarantee you that the preview screeners all came out hating on the eyes but someone's ego was involved so they stayed.

Sometimes irony is pretty ironic.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 26, 2018, 09:44:25 AM

I kinda like the eyes; not enough to go see this in theaters (since the wife has zero interest), but I'm excited enough to check it out when it hits Netflix/Hulu/whatever.

Check out my podcast: ADD&D, Attention Deficit Dungeons & Dragons!
"I think it's time for a dose of F13 RED PILL MOTHER FUCKERS" ~cosapi
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 03, 2018, 10:18:29 AM

I'll watch this. It looks like fun, I know nothing about the source material. The plot summary from the Wikipedia article sounds like a hot mess anyway, so .. whatever  awesome, for real

But yes, some of the CGI could and should be improved.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Teleku
Terracotta Army

http://tinyurl.com/d89qk7g

Reply #41 on: August 03, 2018, 10:55:40 AM

Guys, its a James Cameron passion project.  His record has been pretty consistent.  At the very least, we should get an entertaining spectacle movie thats fun to watch in theaters even if the plot is silly and easy to make fun of.  At best we get like, T2 I guess (but highly doubting that).

Obviously he could totally fuck it up, but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt he’ll make something watchable (and not just another Ghost in the Shell movie fuck up).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 12:27:46 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #42 on: August 03, 2018, 11:32:53 AM

Cameron's passion projects are among the worst shit he does.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 05, 2018, 06:59:10 AM

Cameron's passion projects are among the worst shit he does.

Cameron and passion project should be words of warning to wasting your money.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 05, 2018, 07:03:50 AM

What are these bad movies you guys speak of?  I'm having a hard time coming up with anything truly terrible he's done (honest question, I'm sure I'm missing something).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #45 on: August 05, 2018, 07:56:13 AM

His last two passion projects were Avatar and Titanic.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 05, 2018, 08:03:29 AM

And both of those are examples of what I was just saying.  Both where great flashy visual movies that were fun to watch in theaters, had a basic but mostly inoffensive plot, and are not worth rewatching ever again.  This movie turning out as good as Titanic or Avatar is one of the best case scenarios, and it would money well spent at the theater if so.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 09:26:16 AM by Teleku »

-Stephen Colbert
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #47 on: August 05, 2018, 09:13:54 AM

Cameron is just producing it. He's too busy making 3-4 more Avatar movies to direct this himself. Robert Rodriguez is directing which is the bigger warning sign since the quality of his movies is very inconsistent.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 05, 2018, 09:28:42 AM

Well, he also wrote the script (along with Laeta Kalogridis), so his involvement is a bit deeper than that.

-Stephen Colbert
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: September 07, 2018, 12:28:53 PM

Which given the assloads of money both brought in seemed to have found a viable market with people who did enjoy them.
schild
Administrator

Reply #50 on: September 08, 2018, 11:42:22 AM

Which given the assloads of money both brought in seemed to have found a viable market with people who did enjoy them.
how many times do we have to go over this

being popular and making a shitload of money doesn't actually make something good

it just makes something popular and profitable
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: September 08, 2018, 01:40:47 PM

Well if it's unprofitable and you don't ever want to hear about it again until the hoi polloi at Cannes give it some prizes, then you really should be here for the Toronto Film Festival. Every year you have to chance to sit through dozens of government subsidized films out of Quebec. They're said to be good but believe me you'll never want to hear about a mopey, angsty teenager for the rest of your life.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Alita: Battle Angel  
Jump to: