Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:56:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: FIFA World Cup - Russia 2018 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FIFA World Cup - Russia 2018  (Read 65758 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

on: December 01, 2017, 12:17:08 PM

Groupings have been set today.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2017/m=12/news=final-draw-roundup-2922235.html

I'm leaning towards France this year... mainly because I look at the list and pick a name. Worked well in 2014 as I took the Germans.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 04:05:52 AM

Only comes around once every 4 years. It can get its own thread.

USA/Mexico/Canada just announced as host for 2026 cup, phew that was a close one over Morocco.. Ohhhhh, I see.

Predictions?

Germany/Spain/Brazil are favourites. France? Belgium as the outsider (with the best FUT team).

How will England self-destruct this year?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 04:11:45 AM

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=25766.0

Tried that... no one was going for it.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 04:19:14 AM

Fuck it we'll make it work this time!

I would also be very happy with Russia lost to Saudi Arabia tomorrow. :D

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 04:57:18 AM

Want to spice it up with a prediction game? https://www.kicktipp.com/ or is there something better available?

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 05:14:25 AM

Spain are favourites.

Well they just sacked their NT coach...
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 07:32:26 AM

Haha, I had forgotten USA didn't qualify.  Good luck, rest of the world!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 07:33:11 AM

I don't pay nearly as much attention to the international game as I do the club game but I think it's Germany's to lose. The weird turmoil in the Spain camp over the manager isn't going to help, and I'm not entirely convinced by the Brazilian team. France seems to never gel quite right despite the loads of talent on that team and Belgium, which has great talent as well, has Roberto Martinez as manager so not going to win anything big there.

Russia is just a shitty team to match their shitty country.

Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 07:57:26 AM

Kinda disappointed no Netherlands this year... But I have the motherland Poland in it. /cry

Still calling France. I mean they have a cock on their Jerseys...  why so serious?

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 08:57:26 AM

I don't pay nearly as much attention to the international game as I do the club game but I think it's Germany's to lose. The weird turmoil in the Spain camp over the manager isn't going to help, and I'm not entirely convinced by the Brazilian team. France seems to never gel quite right despite the loads of talent on that team and Belgium, which has great talent as well, has Roberto Martinez as manager so not going to win anything big there.

Russia is just a shitty team to match their shitty country.

We just lost 0:1 against Austria and managed to barely win 2:1 against Saudi Arabia (and only because of an own goal) but we're always shit before a major tournament. There's also the whole deal with Özil and Gündogan meeting Erdogan and getting their pictures taken and how the aftermath has messed with the NT. (Gündogan gave him a shirt dedicated to "our dear president") The photo op got (naturally) leaked and people were rather pissed off about that.

My money would be on Brazil, which has had an impressive win record since the new manager has taken over or France. It has been 56 years since a national team has last managed to defend its title so the likelihood is low that Germany will break that streak.

There's the old saying though of Germany being a "tournament team" (meaning that we're usually shit before a major tournament but somehow still end up in the top four) so who knows.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 10:55:54 AM

Yeah the Spain story  swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop

The president of Spanish soccer basically saying 'how dare you do this to ME so I'm fucking firing you' 

Dumbassery all around. Spain hadn't lost a match since he took over and they were looking strong going into the tournament. Oh vell!

I would love Belgium to win it all. Someone other than the usual suspects please! Dare I say I hope England does well too? Young, likable team.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 12:53:55 PM

Dear God, no. If England wins they will not shut up about it for the next 4 years. Everything will be "THE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!! are..." It's worse than the fucking Patriots. England are the worst winners on the goddam planet.

If course I'm Irish, so totally unbiased.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 01:16:22 PM

Dear God, no. If England wins they will not shut up about it for the next 40 years.

fify

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 01:26:22 PM

I was going to say. England still talks about their sole World Cup victory like it happened recently.
WayAbvPar

Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 10:08:34 AM

Rooting for Not Brazil and Not Germany. Go other people!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 09:07:53 PM

I would be rooting for Spain but fuck Sergio Ramos.

schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: June 14, 2018, 09:24:42 PM

i'm rooting for widespread death from access to heroin and coke
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 04:07:39 AM

Belgium or Iceland.

Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 04:11:02 AM

Belgium or Iceland.

Iceland has some nice jerseys...  awesome, for real

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #19 on: June 15, 2018, 04:16:30 AM

i'm rooting for widespread death from access to heroin and coke
Some vendor should setup a street side Krokodil stand next to the stadiums.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 15, 2018, 04:42:44 AM

Anyone have a line on a good online source for watching games?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 15, 2018, 05:45:52 AM

Supposedly http://stream.telemundodeportes.com

But I can't get it to load.. Work for anyone?
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 15, 2018, 11:28:42 AM

Ronaldo going for the dive and being rewarded with a penalty. In other words, water is wet.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 15, 2018, 11:54:07 AM

De Gea doing his best Karius impersonation.

Can both those teams lose?

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 15, 2018, 05:40:08 PM

Ronaldo going for the dive and being rewarded with a penalty. In other words, water is wet.

Did Ronaldo steal something of yours? You have a serious problem.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 15, 2018, 11:57:23 PM

Some of his tax money, actually.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 16, 2018, 12:46:31 AM

Pointing out that he took the invitation by Nacho to get the penalty is not an indication of me having a serious problem. It’s Ronaldo’s MO and has been for most of his career. He is a diver and he’s always exaggerating contact to draw out a free kick or penalty. He’s as clever as Ramos in that he’ll mostly make it look like a “could be/couldn’t be” situation.

Nacho should have known better, Ronaldo is his team mate at Real and he knows Ronaldo’s style of play.

Don’t turn this into me being pathological though. Ronaldo just equaled the World Cup Record of Puscas, he is probably the best player in the world and when he’s on he’ll single handedly win you a game. That free kick into the corner was perfect.

He’s also a flip flopper and a diver though.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 16, 2018, 04:20:44 AM

Fucking video review on penalty calls now?  Yeah I’m out. Fuck you divin.....annnd never mind I’m back in.  Didn’t need video replay on that call.   Who the fuck puts there hands in the air on a cross??
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 04:34:34 AM by Shannow »

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 16, 2018, 04:52:34 AM

This is not beach volleyball.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #29 on: June 16, 2018, 03:45:49 PM

Fucking video review on penalty calls now?  Yeah I’m out. Fuck you divin.....annnd never mind I’m back in.  Didn’t need video replay on that call.   Who the fuck puts there hands in the air on a cross??

Reminded me of

Sucked to lose to a not-quite-clear VAR penalty (defender may have touched the ball first) and a fluke in-and-out bounce off the crossbar, when the penalty against the French was that handball.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 16, 2018, 05:23:49 PM

It was a penalty and it was a goal.

Yeah it sucks to lose by such fine margins, but it was fair.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #31 on: June 16, 2018, 06:25:38 PM

Yep. No sour grapes here, just the "sucks to lose by fine margins" thing.

However, there is a replay angle that clearly shows the Aussie player made contact with the ball before the player. It didn't seem to be available to the referee for the VAR decision, and I thought he was correct at the time, but having seen the angle that demonstrates contact with the ball on Australian TV this morning, I am now convinced that it was technically the wrong decision - but I don't blame the ref. I can't link it because FIFA's restrictions on social video sharing mean I have only seen it on TV, but it shows the ball change course from his foot before he has contact with the French player.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 16, 2018, 09:55:03 PM

I was going to say. England still talks about their sole World Cup victory like it happened recently.

Kindred spirits with Leaf fans.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #33 on: June 17, 2018, 10:06:32 AM

Good match from Mexico.  They are a fun team to watch.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: June 17, 2018, 10:39:42 AM

The first half was a complete trainwreck by Germany. Midfield was absolute desolate
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: FIFA World Cup - Russia 2018  
Jump to: