Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:32:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Titan Quest: Ragnarök 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Titan Quest: Ragnarök  (Read 12676 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: November 22, 2017, 02:36:22 PM

I like the Titan Quest setting and classes more than Grim Dawn.

I don't care for the useless shit in either games inventories, but Grim Dawns for whatever reason annoys me more.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: November 22, 2017, 03:19:09 PM

I like the Titan Quest setting and classes more than Grim Dawn.

I have to agree with this.  If the pacing were a bit better, I would adore Titan Quest.  Did the expansion improve it any?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #37 on: November 22, 2017, 06:12:08 PM

Didn't Grim Dawn just come out with an expansion like last week also?

About a month back, yeah. Two new masteries. Two new acts. General "more of everything" type improvements. Personally, I played about half an hour of Titan Quest and switched over to GD instead. I'm sure I'll eventually go check out the new TQ content, but other than actually having non-muted colors in its palette, I don't see what the selling point for TQ is over Grim Dawn other than more nostalgia.

Mechanics-wise I like Grim Dawn more and it has a number of QOL improvements over TQ, but man I just don't think that Grim Dawn expansion is good. The content is just bland. The level design is crap, there's nothing interesting about any of the enemies, and there's not really any theme to it. Honestly the base game can be enough of a slog to go through after the first time that adding another act onto it that's just more of the same almost feels like punishment. Haven't gone through this TQ expansion yet but I'm hoping it's at least slightly more interesting.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: November 23, 2017, 04:34:59 PM

You can get this a bit cheaper at the Humble Bundle store right now.  It's 33% off compared to it being 25% off on Steam.

My mistake, it's only cheaper because I get a discount for having the Humble Monthly.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 04:55:29 PM by Ginaz »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #39 on: November 27, 2017, 06:44:30 AM

Decided to go with a sword & board Conqueror (warfare and defense) to replay the game.  Speccing Defender first helped a ton with getting over the hump of the early bosses, although DPS is troublesomely low.  Once again, the biggest issue I have with this genre is choosing a build and sticking to it.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Titan Quest: Ragnarök  
Jump to: