Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:08:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elex - Piranha Bytes SciFantasy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elex - Piranha Bytes SciFantasy  (Read 11862 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #35 on: October 29, 2017, 09:28:12 AM

Yeah, I just now did the first upgrade since I was close enough to the right attributes to use it.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #36 on: October 29, 2017, 05:19:06 PM

Just did a final Mk III upgrade comparison of War Bow and Plasma

Plasma Rifle III - 96 (DEX/INT)
War Bow III - 120 (STR/DEX)

If you're a berserker, definitely keep the War Bow since you can unlock Seeker Shot for homing and Scatter Shot that releases 5 Arrows like a shotgun.
If you're a cleric/outlaw, you can still use the War Bow, but there's no access to Scatter and Seeker shots.

The Furnace unique flamethrower (STR/CON) however, is a beast when you slot lower resistance gem into it. With Heavy Weapons II training, the initial damage, knockdown and burning damage over time, it's actually cost effective compared to the Plasma. It also has a larger radius. The ammo only costs 1 elexit per shot. That's so cheap! Plasma costs 5ea, Arrows 2ea. The downside is you cannot dodge, sprint or jumpjet while wielding it.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 30, 2017, 06:35:29 AM

Albs with flamethrowers are probably my least favorite thing to fight (that's not straight up too far over level, ofc). I'll push them off on my companion (Falk currently) and forget how big the aoe is. Every time.

The War Bow is what I had been using before upgrading the Plasma. Still has an edge in damage (as you see), but the flat trajectory and more importantly CC of the plasma wins for me. Definitely broken, even super tough mobs I just skip over to conserve ammo, I can whittle most down if I don't make any mistakes.

I might try a melee run, I actually like the melee combat in the game, it's definitely hard mode.

That screenshot you posted of the windmill - nice. Item-highlighting shades are a game-changer. I do miss my enemy-detecting ones, but the item sense is just so much better.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 30, 2017, 06:52:19 AM

Albs with flamethrowers are probably my least favorite thing to fight (that's not straight up too far over level, ofc). I'll push them off on my companion (Falk currently) and forget how big the aoe is. Every time.

The War Bow is what I had been using before upgrading the Plasma. Still has an edge in damage (as you see), but the flat trajectory and more importantly CC of the plasma wins for me. Definitely broken, even super tough mobs I just skip over to conserve ammo, I can whittle most down if I don't make any mistakes.

I might try a melee run, I actually like the melee combat in the game, it's definitely hard mode.

That screenshot you posted of the windmill - nice. Item-highlighting shades are a game-changer. I do miss my enemy-detecting ones, but the item sense is just so much better.

Enemy sense is a skill anyway. I usually swap glasses as needed and skipped the end-game faction helmets for shades. They're the only headwear that stays on during convo. B)

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 30, 2017, 09:16:14 AM

Looks good on the PC, with the scar. Reddit says there is a hidden +10 to armor on them, from researching with cheat engine.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 31, 2017, 09:51:45 AM

Some nice little touches, as usual for PB. Turned in a quest by ratting out a guy, quest giver says he has to go take care of him. Now...the quest is over, rewards rewarded. But I decided to follow the quest giver, who walked all the way across town to the guy I ratted out and they had a decent little dialog. Purely bonus stuff, but that's one reason I love these games.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #41 on: October 31, 2017, 10:35:25 AM

I'm interested in this but I'll wait until it's dirt cheap.  Can it be played in first person?  It's made by that company that's just brimming with misogyny, right?  Or maybe it's brimming with a bunch of guys... whatever.  Although I know many of you guys figure that as long as you HAVE to look at a butt, it might as well be the butt of some random man... not me.  I prefer no butt at all.  Does a woman even work for this company?

I have no idea what I'm on about. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 31, 2017, 11:38:40 AM

No, it's a single male protagonist. And yes it's a game made for guys, by the writing. And no it's third-person only.

I have an amusing bug where the women's boobs won't stop twitching in conversation mode. Not in a sexy way. I didn't even know that was possible.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 31, 2017, 04:30:09 PM

I've yet to see a bra or panties in this game. I give this game four out of seven.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: November 01, 2017, 07:19:04 AM

Yeah, I found it odd you were playing so much with no loli.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #45 on: November 03, 2017, 08:29:57 AM

Sometimes I can quickly scroll past the avatars in a thread and determine if I should buy a game or not.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: November 03, 2017, 12:42:19 PM

Truth

Should be the f13 review system.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: November 03, 2017, 12:55:51 PM

So you’ll be buying this one because I own it then, right?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #48 on: November 04, 2017, 05:03:32 PM

It's a toss-up.
Ard = +1
Sky posts > 5 = -1
rk47 = Cthulu

Difficult math.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: November 06, 2017, 07:39:08 AM

Difficult meth, indeed.

While it's certainly not a perfect game, I don't require perfection. I do believe this is by far the best PB title thus far, and that they have really elevated their game at every level.

I may have missed some enhancements that were in Risen 3, because I just got pirated out by the end of Risen 2. But the scifi and post-apoc elements are so well done. I remember one reviewer said it was too bad the game starts you out with the Berzerkers because it feels very old school Gothic, but I think if you stick with the game that is an essential part of the evolution of the story. The way they bring you through bows to bullets to energy weapons, while not locking you into any, is great.

Unlike RK, I'm still on my first playthrough (I chose clerics, duh...mechs and lasers plz). The game still continues to impress me. Yesterday I stumbled across a random facility and was poking through (testing out my newly upgraded plasma rifle mk3 bablam). Turns out to be some pretty interesting bread crumbs for the story, putting together a lot of the hints they've been dropping both as main story elements and found items and set pieces in the world. I imagine they'll have difficulty pulling it all together by the end, but the journey is very well done, by far the most interested I've been in the storyline for a PB game.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elex - Piranha Bytes SciFantasy  
Jump to: