Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:26:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: CASTLE ROCK 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CASTLE ROCK  (Read 4829 times)
schild
Administrator

on: October 09, 2017, 07:54:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3U7Z94NHgg

BILL SKARSGARD

SHAWSHANK

OH MY GOD
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 07:57:05 AM

I'm still kind of What the fuck? over this whole idea.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 08:29:55 AM

Part of me thinks this could be amazing. Another part thinks they're biting off more than they can chew.  Another part still remembers the Dome and wants to put this entire thing out of mind.  That part is winning by putting the theme song of Fraggle Rock in my head every time I see the title of this show.

Clap clap.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 10:12:32 AM

This has been on my Hulu watchlist for absolute ages!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 12:08:30 PM

Well. I'm confused.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 02:24:33 PM

From Wikipedia:

On February 17, 2017, Hulu announced they were once again partnering with J.J. Abrams and Stephen King to create another limited series based on King's works. The series entitled Castle Rock named after the fictional town in King's native Maine which has served as the setting for a number of his novels, novellas and short stories.[2] A teaser of the series was released some time after the announcement by Abrams' production company, Bad Robot. The series is set to explore the themes and worlds uniting King's entire canon, while brushing up against some of his most iconic and beloved stories. On February 21, 2017, Hulu issued a 10-episode order for the series, with production set to begin at a later date.[3]Filming is expected to begin in August 2017.[4] Filming will be done in the small New England Western Massachusetts town of Orange [5]. Melanie Lynskey, André Holland, Sissy Spacek, Jane Levy and Bill Skarsgård are set to star.

These are some of the people that played rolls in iconic movies based upon King's work.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 09:45:30 AM

https://youtu.be/gXsKCQenpt0

Oooooooh boy much hype
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 09:51:38 AM

So, the final episode of this dropped last night.  I'll give it another run through this weekend, but I wasn't that impressed with it.  It was very disjointed, and didn't really explain things very well.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 12:10:44 PM

#StephenKing.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 06:32:13 PM

It was very disjointed, and didn't really explain things very well.
I agree. The season overall was good and I enjoyed it, but the last episode felt... disjointed indeed. And no, it didn't explain anything or resolve anything at all. In fact... they were back at the start of where they were with no resolution or explanation at all other than "that's how life is" with a "one year later..." montage. That didn't set well with me. Maybe there's more to it that I am missing...

I hope they move locations around next season (if there is one, the after credits info kind of set it up for that) because I don't feel like yet another rehash of this current season as the second.

#StephenKing indeed.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 01:56:48 PM

Overall, I think season 1 is worth watching for Skarsgard alone.  Season 2 is supposed to be about Jackie Torrance heading out to the Overlook Hotel for research her uncle's story.  Hopefully, it's a bit more of a straightforward story.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 05:04:33 AM

A lot of Kings work sets up a great premise, and then he cant write an ending or resolution worth a shit.

Hic sunt dracones.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #12 on: May 28, 2019, 07:02:27 PM

Just finished binging this.

What the ever living monkey fuck did I just watch? Great atmosphere, a couple of really good episodes (the one with Ruth essentially moving through time was interesting) but the resolution was a giant fuck you that explained jack and shit as far as I can tell.

Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 03:29:05 AM

...but the resolution was a giant fuck you that explained jack and shit as far as I can tell.
Yes. I’m still mad at the last 15 minutes of this season.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 29, 2019, 03:34:35 AM

Yeah, it's weird as fuck.  I enjoyed it, but not really sure what it was all for.  But as a huge King fan, I find that's very often the case with his stuff.  He makes the endings that make sense to him, not the ones that wrap things up in a nice way for the reader/viewer.  I am okay with that.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #15 on: May 29, 2019, 07:22:56 AM

I've read lots of Stephen King. I'm generally fine with his "fuck you" endings because there was at least some sense of wrapping things up, some sense of conclusion before we get the "and giant dog everyone thought was dead explodes through window to kill everyone in the house" ending.

This was not that. This felt like at least 15-30 minutes of story were just excised from the ending and we fast forward a year because... reasons. No explanations even for how we got to where we are, or even how any of that last scene is possible.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 08:48:07 AM

Agreed, based on what little I remember.  But there is more coming?  This whole thing was always a mishmash of his different stuff, so there is no limit to what he might shove into the story.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 29, 2019, 04:55:28 PM

But there is more coming?
Supposedly it's akin to True Detective where it's all set in the same universe(-ish) with a different cast of characters for the next season. That was what was discussed anyways, what actually happens remains to be seen.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #18 on: May 29, 2019, 06:50:47 PM

The cast for second season is new, including Tim Robbins as some kind of gangster I think.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: CASTLE ROCK  
Jump to: